Options

Replies

• malloriewebb
    Options
    I have another one tomorrow!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'm very likely doing a 5k tomorrow. Unless I wake up feeling like poop. I've been fighting a cold.
  • BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm very likely doing a 5k tomorrow. Unless I wake up feeling like poop. I've been fighting a cold.

Hope you feel great tomorrow, good luck!!
  • BroDave
    Options
    I have another one tomorrow!
    Good luck tomorrow!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    Options

Thanks! I kicked bootie! I didn't win anything (I'm probably the only woman in the world who WANTS to turn 40.... It'll be nice being the youngest instead of oldest in my age group! Too much competition in the 30-39 group!), but I beat my PR by 30 seconds and came in at 24:59!

Not bad considering I only started running 10 months ago. :smile:
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Thanks! I kicked bootie! I didn't win anything (I'm probably the only woman in the world who WANTS to turn 40.... It'll be nice being the youngest instead of oldest in my age group! Too much competition in the 30-39 group!), but I beat my PR by 30 seconds and came in at 24:59!

[/quote]

Great time!!
  • LoveLiveLift
    Options
    I'm running my first 10k today. I'm excited! Any other runners, please feel free to add me. :smile: Good luck on your runs!
  • holli_blue
    holli_blue Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did a small local 5K this morning!
  • BroDave
    Options

Good Job
  • BroDave
    Options
    I did a small local 5K this morning!

Good. How did you do?
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Ran my 2nd half marathon on Oct 2nd (2:23:05), a 5 minute PR.
    Running my 3rd half marathon (mostly for fun) on Oct 29th.
  • BroDave
    Options
    Ran my 2nd half marathon on Oct 2nd (2:23:05), a 5 minute PR.
    Running my 3rd half marathon (mostly for fun) on Oct 29th.

Have a great half, maybe around 2:15? Just have fun!!
  • LoveLiveLift
    Options
    Finished my first 10k in 1:03:10. That's an 10:11 min/mi. My previous PR for min/mi was 10:33 during a 5k. Now I'm looking for a spring half marathon to run.
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing in their training/races?

I tackled the Warrior Dash with minor injuries :) Next Sun is my Halloween 5k. Hopefully I'll be able to meet or beat my personal best 37:43.

And great job to everyone! You are doing such an awesome job!!

Anyone have any new races they've registered for? I have a 10miler in Mar that I get to sign up for soon. Still no half marathon yet, but I'll find a local one soon..
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I have my very first race, a 10K, on October 23rd. Finished my longest training run today, 6 miles, so I'm psyched for the 23rd to get here.
    Just added a costumed 5K for Cystic Fibrosis on October 28th. I'll be running it with a bunch of friends from high school who still live in town. It's going to be a blast!
    Ran the 10K this morning in just under 1:16. Not too bad considering we're still having temps in the 90s here and the race didn't start until 8:30. It was WARM. What a great event! It's held at the Univ. of Arizona, the charity is the Arizona Cancer Center and it honors Bobbi Olsen, the wife of Lute Olsen, the former UA basketball coach, who died of breast cancer about a decade ago.

Still have the costumed 5K this Friday night and now another 5K on Sunday morning. I'm going to be beat on Monday. :laugh:

We're also adding a 5K Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning and possibly another 10K in December.
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    I sooooo wish there was a costumed run around here! There were a few scheduled, but they were cancelled due to flooding in the area last month.
  • LoveLiveLift
    Options
    I have my very first race, a 10K, on October 23rd. Finished my longest training run today, 6 miles, so I'm psyched for the 23rd to get here.
    Just added a costumed 5K for Cystic Fibrosis on October 28th. I'll be running it with a bunch of friends from high school who still live in town. It's going to be a blast!
    Ran the 10K this morning in just under 1:16. Not too bad considering we're still having temps in the 90s here and the race didn't start until 8:30. It was WARM. What a great event! It's held at the Univ. of Arizona, the charity is the Arizona Cancer Center and it honors Bobbi Olsen, the wife of Lute Olsen, the former UA basketball coach, who died of breast cancer about a decade ago.

Still have the costumed 5K this Friday night and now another 5K on Sunday morning. I'm going to be beat on Monday. :laugh:

We're also adding a 5K Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning and possibly another 10K in December.

Great run! I truly admire you for being able to run in heat like that. It always kills me.

Have fun with your two 5ks!! They sound like a lot of fun!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Two adventure races down!
  • BroDave
    Options
    I have 2 races this Saturday both 5K's. One at 0830 for Breast Cancer Awareness, the other at 1100 called Step Up For Down Syndrone. Both should be fun.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I have 2 races this Saturday both 5K's. One at 0830 for Breast Cancer Awareness, the other at 1100 called Step Up For Down Syndrone. Both should be fun.
    Holy cow, dude, and I thought I was bad with one 5K on Friday night and one Sunday morning. :laugh:

I'm officially signing up for a half marathon in January. Adding the training schedule to my calendar right at this moment. I can't believe I'm doing this....