TEAM HIDDEN TREASURES WEEK1 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 1 - Completed!

wOOt

I like your method Jill, keeping it simple! So I'm going with what she said! :D

Cals Under....check
    Water over....check
    tabata....check
    October overboard....check

and

Kickboxing with Rocky today! His name is really Rocky, sometimes I can't keep a straight face because while he talks I have the Rocky anthem playing in my head. :O
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 1 - Completed!
    Kickboxing with Rocky today! His name is really Rocky, sometimes I can't keep a straight face because while he talks I have the Rocky anthem playing in my head. :O

I'm still picturing you kickboxing a side of beef in a meat cooler!! hahah!!
  • ashley26704
    ashley26704 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey! :)

Just want to let you know that I am really excited to be on this team! :D

Day 1 -

Water goal - Done!
    Challenges done - Done!
    Under calories - Done!

Also, a 30 minute walk and a little Wii tennis!
    I would have took a jog today but it's been pouring rain and thundering. /:
    It isn't calling for rain tomorrow though!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies..

My food diary was horrendous but I kept it under cals.. I was starving today .. lol.. :laugh:

Here are my stats :
    Hidden Treasures Week 1/Day 1
    72 oz H2O and under Cals
    4 mile walk and 30DS Circuit Training Day 1
    30 swimmer presses, wood chops, 21’s, & lawnmowers

A hard morning but I finished strong! Pirates often finish last by coming up with the booty in hand! :wink:

CHEERS! :drinker:
  • trimom63
    Options
    A hard morning but I finished strong! Pirates often finish last by coming up with the booty in hand! :wink:

Sounds like a personal problem to me....just let go your your bottom!!! hee, hee!! I couldn't resist..... :laugh:
  • mathlete99
    mathlete99 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Teammaties :)

So, as a newbie, I just saw Jules post on what to do today and today is almost over for me. But, here is what I did today...30 DS this morning before work along with extra crunches and a 75 minute brisk walk after school. Definitely got my exercise in today. I was well over on water and under on calories. Tomorrow I will follow the plan :) Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options

Sounds like a personal problem to me....just let go your your bottom!!! hee, hee!! I couldn't resist..... :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: OH Jill, You're too funny!
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!

What FABULOUS & FIESTY pirate wenches you are!! That was an AWESOME Day 1 of the Challenge. Thank you for picking up the ropes so quickly - this month is going to be ARHH-MAZ-ZING!!!! :laugh:

If Gary's still MIA, I have posted an alternative exercise again – as soon as he's posted the correct exercises – we will follow them! Remember to pace yourselves, warm up/cool down – I want everyone to finish the month injury free!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY WENCHES – ArrrHHH!!!

WEEK 1 – DAY 2 Alternative exercises
    (Please check Gary's website - listed below - first to see if he's posted the proper ones :tongue: )

PLAN A – (Low Impact) -
    Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes  (just like the song in school)  Begin with your arms above your head while standing (or sitting) and 2 sets of 15 reach high, touch your shoulders, touch your knees and then reach as far as you can to your toes as you can get.  You'll be touching them soon enough!  Rest for 1 minute in between each set.  2 sets of 20 Kicks (While standing or sitting) Raise your leg as high as you can and kick forward.  (Remember don't pop/snap the knee)  2 sets of 20 Side Bends (While standing place your hands on your hips and bend to your right side and then your left side, as far as you can bend, that will count as 1)  Rest and go walk for 5 - 10 minutes.  Remember today you are taking one more step than  you did yesterday, you are going to go one more square in the pavement, one more street sign, one more house, one more block, one more tree, one more minute whatever you use to measure but go one more!

OR

PLAN B (Mid Impact) -
    2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers.

OR

PLAN C (High Impact) -
    4 min Tabata, Overboard in October exercises.

EXERCISE VIDEO'S ARE ON http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com.

Let's shiver those timbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Top of the morning Mateys!

Can you smell that salty sea air? It's time we sail out into open shark infested waters and find that Fatty to make him walk the plank for treason to the captain of our ship!!

WHO'S WITH ME?!!!

Arghhhhhhhhh!!

Count me in...Im with yaahhhh!
  • spgabby86
    Options
    WOW!!!!

What FABULOUS & FIESTY pirate wenches you are!! That was an AWESOME Day 1 of the Challenge. Thank you for picking up the ropes so quickly - this month is going to be ARHH-MAZ-ZING!!!! :laugh:

If Gary's still MIA, I have posted an alternative exercise again – as soon as he's posted the correct exercises – we will follow them! Remember to pace yourselves, warm up/cool down – I want everyone to finish the month injury free!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY WENCHES – ArrrHHH!!!

WEEK 1 – DAY 2 Alternative exercises
    (Please check Gary's website - listed below - first to see if he's posted the proper ones :tongue: )

PLAN A – (Low Impact) -
    Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes  (just like the song in school)  Begin with your arms above your head while standing (or sitting) and 2 sets of 15 reach high, touch your shoulders, touch your knees and then reach as far as you can to your toes as you can get.  You'll be touching them soon enough!  Rest for 1 minute in between each set.  2 sets of 20 Kicks (While standing or sitting) Raise your leg as high as you can and kick forward.  (Remember don't pop/snap the knee)  2 sets of 20 Side Bends (While standing place your hands on your hips and bend to your right side and then your left side, as far as you can bend, that will count as 1)  Rest and go walk for 5 - 10 minutes.  Remember today you are taking one more step than  you did yesterday, you are going to go one more square in the pavement, one more street sign, one more house, one more block, one more tree, one more minute whatever you use to measure but go one more!

OR

PLAN B (Mid Impact) -
    2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers.

OR

PLAN C (High Impact) -
    4 min Tabata, Overboard in October exercises.

EXERCISE VIDEO'S ARE ON http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com.

Let's shiver those timbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will be a great start to my Tuesday...
  • spgabby86
    Options
    Top of the morning Mateys...

Looks like we had a wonderful day yesterday...I wasn't sure what I was suppose to do so I sort of did my own thing...SORRY team I think I was a little confused...I see our alternate exercises for today so my ship is ready to sail...

Yesterday - I completed a Weight Circuit workout @ my Gym - followed by 10lb Xreme Body workout by Chris Freytag on exercised tv followed by a 2.03 mile walk...

I stayed under my calories and got my 64oz in...
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Jill & Jules:

ARRRRRGH! (not a good arrrrrgh, either!)

I still have the shoulder thing going on today and therefore have to lay off anything upper body. I suspect that I arrrrrrgrivated it yesterday when I did all of my normal stuff. I HATE to do this but it was really killing me overnight and early this morning. It's settled down some and I need it to get back to normal in a hurry!

That said, I will either have to make today my rest day....or....perhaps piece together an alternate day with only lower body stuff?

Captains? Permission to drop anchor in different waters?
  • trimom63
    Options
    Jill & Jules:

I still have the shoulder thing going on today and therefore have to lay off anything upper body. I suspect that I arrrrrrgrivated it yesterday when I did all of my normal stuff. I HATE to do this but it was really killing me overnight and early this morning. It's settled down some and I need it to get back to normal in a hurry!

That said, I will either have to make today my rest day....or....perhaps piece together an alternate day with only lower body stuff?

Totally permission granted!! We all need to do what works for us to prevent injury...or further injury in YOUR case!! Whatever you want to do to get that scalliwag shoulder back to normal!! AARRRRRRR!!! *Taking a drink of my grog*
  • trimom63
    Options
    Found this looking for more fun pirate phrases.....I sat here and laughed right out loud (all alone at work!) at some of these....
    Hope you enjoy!!

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/askcapnslappy.html
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Jill & Jules:

Totally permission granted!! We all need to do what works for us to prevent injury...or further injury in YOUR case!! Whatever you want to do to get that scalliwag shoulder back to normal!! AARRRRRRR!!! *Taking a drink of my grog*

Ahh, ya'll being wanting to put ya feet up next!! Ya'll still finding ya sea legs!!!
    Agree with my twin - whichever you'd prefer - today as a rest day or lower body (walking??)

Now twin - give me back me grog!!
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    UPDATE - FROM GARY :

October Challenge Series will be posted tomorrow. Due to death unavailable until that time. Thanks for understanding. Keep killing fatty. I'll be posting tomorrow very early. Check out the website for the update. www.mfpchallenges.blogspot.com Thanks for being patient!

HOIST THE MAIN SAIL TEAM - BUTTON DOWN THEM HATCHES - WE'RE GOING INTO UNCHARTERED WATERS IN THE MORNING!!!

:happy:
  • trimom63
    Options
    Jill & Jules:

Ahh, ya'll being wanting to put ya feet up next!! Ya'll still finding ya sea legs!!!
    Agree with my twin - whichever you'd prefer - today as a rest day or lower body (walking??)

Now twin - give me back me grog!!

The grog is MINE ye scalliwag!!!
  • trimom63
    Options
    HOIST THE MAIN SAIL TEAM - BUTTON DOWN THEM HATCHES - WE'RE GOING INTO UNCHARTERED WATERS IN THE MORNING!!!

Button down the hatches??? What are they...made of fabric???? Ok Ladies....BATTEN down the hatches!!!
  • PandaFit450
    Options

Button down the hatches??? What are they...made of fabric???? Ok Ladies....BATTEN down the hatches!!!
    Batten/button........ tomatoe/tomato.......... let's call the whole thing off!!!!!
    Hahaha
  • trimom63
    Options

Batten/button........ tomatoe/tomato.......... let's call the whole thing off!!!!!
    Hahaha

But it's too much FUN to call off ye bonnie!!!