TEAM HIDDEN TREASURES WEEK1 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options

Thanks Sarah - loved it!!! :laugh:
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    ************************************************* Mini Challenge Alert *******************************************

Arrr 'tis the weekend!!! Time for us pirates to party!!!!
    You have until midnight on Saturday on DANCE to 3 songs of your choice!! You can dance alone, with your 'SO' or with your 'mini-me's' – HOWEVER you must dance like you did when you were a teenager (before responsibilities) – wild, crazy and fun-loving!!!

GO ON – RELEASE HER – SHE'S INSIDE, JUST ITCHING TO COME OUT AGAIN!!!

********************************************************************************************************************************************
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    WEEK 1 - DAY 5 ALTERNATIVE EXERCISES -

Plan A (Low Impact)
    2 sets of 21's (you will complete one set by doing each move 7 times), 
    2 sets of 8 - 12 Swimmer's Presses, 
    100 punches (while standing or sitting in a chair quickly extend and alternate each arm while punching a target straight in front of you. (I always imagine myself punching fatty!)  Do these as quickly as you can being careful to not pop/snap your elbows.  Take a break. 
    Sometime today walk for 5 - 10  minutes.  As slow or as fast as you can.  If you can't do 5 - 10 minutes than walk as far as you can! 
    Remember your are stronger than you think.  Record how far you walked and tomorrow determine to walk farther even if its just one step farther

OR

Plan B (Mid Impact)
    2 sets of 15 swimmer presses,
    2 sets of 15 wood chops,
    2 sets of 21’s,
    2 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    AND 1 mile walk, jog or run.

OR

Plan C (High Impact)
    4 min Tabata,
    and Overboard in October exercises on http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/2011/09/overboard-in-october-exercises.html

DON'T FORGET YOUR MINI CHALLENGE!! This Pirate Captain likes to party & have some fun!!!! :drinker:
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    Heading to Missoula Montana for a roller derby bout! Mini challenge will be easy since I'm going to the after party
    im sure my calories & water will be good & exercise is done already.
  • femmemusicale
    femmemusicale Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Ok, ladies. I'm swashbuckling my way through my 10-year college reunion this weekend. Lots of fun so far, but lots of food too. Sigh. I've told like 5 people that I have bad "allergies" just so I can stay away from the buffet table. It works!

Friday Plan B done
    Friday water and calories - good to go!
    Mini challenge met already with my S.O., and we'll be meeting it again later at my class' reunion party.

:)

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Posting now since I wont be home until very very late tonight! :happy:

Hidden Treasures
    Week 1/Day 5
    64 oz H2O & Under Cals
    45 swimmer presses, 21’s, lawnmowers
    30 wood chops
    4 mile walk
    30DS D4

Planned out dinner away and dessert too :tongue:

Nite nite everyone and enjoy! :heart:
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    WEEK 1 - DAY 5

4 min Tabata and Overboard in October exercises - DONE
    Water - DONE
    Under Cals - DONE
    Mini Challenge - DONE -

Black Eyed Peas – I've got a feeling......!!
    Amy Winehouse – Tears Dry on Their Own.
    Abba – Mamma Mia!
    Madonna – Holiday
    Shania Twain – Man! I Feel Like a Woman
    Beyonce – Single Ladies (Should've Put a Ring On It)
    Lady GaGa – Born This Way
    Cyndi Lauper – Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!
    Glee – Don't Stop Believing

:laugh:
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hello mateys!

I am working on my exercises, but will be going out soon after and won't be back till after midnight. So I will check in then, or first thing in the morning.

I can report my weight, which is 128.6. Down 0.4 lbs.

Take care everyone!
  • jmh35slh
    Options
    Week 1 Day 5

Well, after a great day yesterday, today was the pits. It's going to be my 'pass' day. I've only had about 5 glasses of water, ended up missing lunch and eating at Olive Garden at 4pm...and I was starved when we got there. I must have had 3 plates of salad! I did limit myself to 1 bread stick, and my meal was the lowest calorie i could find. ONLY 830 calories :sad:

As for exercise, my husband and I spent about 2 hours walking around a car lot. in the sun. and it was on a hill. *sigh...

That being said, tomorrow is another day and i plan on going on a nature walk and taking my camera. I'm test driving a car tomorrow for a couple of hours so i'll find some place nice to drive to and take some pictures.

Here's to tomorrow and better sailing! :drinker:

One-eyed-Jackie
  • jmh35slh
    Options
    Great music!! I'm looking forward to cranking the tunes down in the family room and dancing my AARRGG off!
  • jmh35slh
    Options
    No smoking for 24 hours??!! that is FANTASTIC!! I'm so happy for you!! My husband and i quit smoking in January of 2007 when we had to buy a house. It was the best decision we ever made. Keep up the good work! I know you can do this. I used the patch for about a week when i quit. and i carried an extra patch with me for about a month in case i needed it. let me knnw if you need someone to talk to...
  • ruelman83
    ruelman83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    2 sets of 15 lawnmowers, swimmers press, wood chops
    2 sets of 21s
    1mi walk
    under cals
    over water
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options

Thanks Sarah - loved it!!! :laugh:

Wonder how they don't get confused?? The middle guy reminds me of Jack Black...
  • scapez
    Options
    No smoking for 24 hours??!! that is FANTASTIC!! I'm so happy for you!!

Thanks! Had a mental battle earlier tonight with myself..."just go buy a pack and start again another time"..."no, you can do this"..."but how will you make it long term"..."I just need to make it through tonight for now"...and "PISS OFF!!!!"

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG!

Me: 1
    Nic Monster: 0

Booooyah!
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 5

plan B done
    calories under
    water over

plus walked 4 miles after spending most of the day climbing up and down ladders. I will be happy when we are finished the ceiling, I do not like heights.

Finished mini challenges danced for 30 minutes with my 4 year old, not sure who had more fun. He wants to do it again tomorrow.
  • scapez
    Options
    Weeketh 1, Dayeth 5 (ok, so that's more Old English than Pirate)...

Calories: Under!
    Water: Over!
    Plan B: Done (+ 1 extra mile)
    Cigs: 0

Haven't done the dancing yet...but here's a song for you to dance to!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uzbGDWEnm8&feature=related
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Shiver me timbers - mates ~ I think my ship may have ported a little late...but here it is

WEEK 1 ~ Day 5

Water done
    Under Calories Done

Plan B (Mid Impact)
    2 sets of 15 swimmer presses,
    2 sets of 15 wood chops,
    2 sets of 21’s,
    2 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    AND 1 mile walk, jog or run (4.20 miles)
    Dance Machine in full effect...man had a blast
    Slick Rick & Douge E Fresh La Di Da (4:57)
    Digital Underground Humpty Dance (5:05)
    Sugarhill Gang Apache Jump on It (6:15)
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    WEEK 1 - DAY 5

4 min Tabata and Overboard in October exercises - yep
    Water - mm'hmmmm
    Under Cals - fo' sure
    Mini Challenge - wOOt

I dance everyday actually. :D

Marvin Gaye - Gotta Give It Up (part 1
    Bubba Sparxxx - Deliverance
    Michael Franti & Spearhead - The Sound Of Sunshine
    DEV - In The Dark
    Alexandra Stan - Mr Saxobeat
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    WEEK 1 – DAY 6 Alternative exercises
    (Please check Gary's website - listed below - first to see if he's posted the proper ones )

PLAN A – (Low Impact) - *
    Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes (just like the song in school) Begin with your arms above your head while standing (or sitting) and 2 sets of 15 reach high, touch your shoulders, touch your knees and then reach as far as you can to your toes as you can get. You'll be touching them soon enough! Rest for 1 minute in between each set. 2 sets of 20 Kicks (While standing or sitting) Raise your leg as high as you can and kick forward. (Remember don't pop/snap the knee) 2 sets of 20 Side Bends (While standing place your hands on your hips and bend to your right side and then your left side, as far as you can bend, that will count as 1) Rest and go walk for 5 - 10 minutes. Remember today you are taking one more step than you did yesterday, you are going to go one more square in the pavement, one more street sign, one more house, one more block, one more tree, one more minute whatever you use to measure but go one more!

OR

PLAN B (Mid Impact) - *
    2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers.

OR

PLAN C (High Impact) - *
    4 min Tabata, Overboard in October exercises.

So me beauties - Week one is nearly history!! Arrr! be warned - we take it up a gear in Week 2!!!!

Ship Ahoy!!!
  • mathlete99
    mathlete99 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I was MIA yesterday, but not because I wanted to be. Computer crashed at work first thing in the morning, followed by our internet down at home all day and I have a 'dumb' phone, so no longing in :( I did plan B and played tennis. Water met, but not sure about calories. Sorry to let the team down, was not my plan.

But on the other hand, it was a day of victory. Was by far the most stressful day I have had since joining MFP in June. Besides computer issues, had family issues, car stuff and some personal things. Ended the day at a tennis social which I normally would be glad about, but all I could think about was all of the choices of food there was going to be. Back in the day I would have not thought twice about what I ate. Since I could not log my food yesterday, I could not plan my evening ahead of time. I was so stressed about going and the hubby did not understand. Long story short, I made decent choices and 'spent' my calories on a nice glass of wine which had multiple good effects :)

Today I am back in the game.