Replies

• hallzz
    hallzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Tsissy you are welcome to join :-)
  • jilleebean777
    jilleebean777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My positive for the day: I can over come any emotional stress without food!

and again today I did NOT eat my earned exercise calories!! WOOT WOOT!!
  • JCMercyGrace
    Options
    I've neglected commenting here. I'm gaining and not losing, even though mfp tells me that I'm eating too few calories. I sometimes eat some of my 'earned exercise calories) and sometimes I don't.

So I've finally updated my info and my little ticker with my signature to reflect my gain. :(

Some of my doctors are telling me that my medications may be causing the gain. So now they're changing things up again. I"ll keep trying and working on it.
  • jilleebean777
    Options
    I've neglected commenting here. I'm gaining and not losing, even though mfp tells me that I'm eating too few calories. I sometimes eat some of my 'earned exercise calories) and sometimes I don't.

So I've finally updated my info and my little ticker with my signature to reflect my gain. :(

Some of my doctors are telling me that my medications may be causing the gain. So now they're changing things up again. I"ll keep trying and working on it.

Don't let it get you down, if it is your meds, and you are doing everything else right they will work it out. As long as you keep moving forward, and doing the right thing by you, you'll come out on top in the end!!
  • hallzz
    Options
    Agreed JCMercyGrace don't get discouraged. You are doing the right things and you can do this! Positive comment of the day....I am good at encouraging others, now to work on myself :-)
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't posted. To be honest, I had no idea I could click on "My Topics" and see the thread here...

Basically, I didn't want to go searching for the thread. But here I am. :) Now I know how to get here. I'll try to do better. WOrk has been crazy, too.

I hve been working out, so I'm proud I haven't let that slide. I have noticed Ihave been eating a lot more, too...working out sure makes me hungry. I think I eat at least 1/2 - if not more - my exercise calories on a regular basis...and I'm okay with that. It may be slow, but the weight WILL come off...right? 0_o
  • ReneeJM
    ReneeJM Posts: 117 Member
    Options

JCMercyGrace,

Maybe you need to eat your exercise calories. There is a good article about this in the forums. Go to The General Diet area and click on the Messages for newbies. Banks has links to several good articles. One of them is about the need to eat your exercise calories. It has made a difference for me! Maybe it will work for you too! I know it goes against what we think we should be doing but after reading it, it makes sense. It may be worth a try.

Renee
  • hallzz
    Options
    Renee I read that one too and it made me feel better about eating my exercise calories and when I follow that guidance I do lose the amount of weight that the site says I should lose.
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    OK I'm back, had the commuting week from hell but managed to not do to bad except yesterday! Bad day but back on track today, I sure hope tomorrow brings some kind of loss but we will see. How is everyone else doing team???? Hope everyone had a great week and that the weekend is even better.
  • JCMercyGrace
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement! I honestly do appreciate it. :smile:
  • ReneeJM
    Options
    I weigh 189.6 lbs. this morning. Finally below the 190's where I have been for the past 9 years! Today will be tough. We are having a potluck at church for Pastor Appreciation month. It's always hard to log my food in that situation.

Have a great week everyone!
  • jilleebean777
    Options
    I weigh 189.6 lbs. this morning. Finally below the 190's where I have been for the past 9 years! Today will be tough. We are having a potluck at church for Pastor Appreciation month. It's always hard to log my food in that situation.

Have a great week everyone!

thumbnail.aspx?q=1251842657861&id=5e6a23cc3a6a93165576048b4c59cf76

way to go!!!
  • hallzz
    Options
    Way to go Renee! And welcome back Harley - glad your tough commuting week is over! I had a gain this week but go a great workout in today and will turn things around this week. Challenge time - ok this week's challenge - get your water in everyday it! just choose an exercise at least one day this week to build strength. And keep the encouragement up, i notice that lots of folks have become friends and write on each other's walls - that is so great! Make it a great week everyone!
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck between 155-158 for quite a bit of time. I think I'm going to have to get out of my comfort zone soon. I have been sticking to my elliptical machine at home...and my ketllebell workout on DVD (also at home). While I do have a gym membership, I haven't ventured in there since January and that was for a yoga class.

I'm guessing the only way to make the change is to take a class, add more weights (more than just the short kettlebell routine), or add another type of cardio.

:deep breath:

wish me luck!
  • hallzz
    Options
    I think that you are right. It is time to change it up to get a different result!
  • jilleebean777
    Options
    *Gonnabefitgirl- I think shaking things up a bit is just what you might need. Getting different motion (cardio) or like you said different weights/routine. I try not to get too "comfortable" with my routines. I'm always changing something, doing different exercises everyday, and switching from elliptical to the treadmill for cardio.

Good luck and keep us posted!!

OH P.S. ......I have got my water on all days so far, and have done strength training as well (on all days I go to the gym!!)
  • ReneeJM
    Options
    I had a hard time with water today. The toilet at work wasn't working so I held off on the water. Fortunately my gym is next door so I was able to go over there during my lunch break. I'm sure tomorrow will be better.
  • jilleebean777
    Options
    I had a hard time with water today. The toilet at work wasn't working so I held off on the water. Fortunately my gym is next door so I was able to go over there during my lunch break. I'm sure tomorrow will be better.

Do your best!! And I know what its like to not be able to go when you need to...I am a 911 dispatcher and I can't leave my desk unless someone is there. And sometimes someone doesn't show back up for a LOOOOOONG time lol. So I walk around doing the pee-pee dance (maybe I can count that as cardio sometimes lol).

You CAN do this!! At least you are seeing some positive in this.
  • jilleebean777
    Options
    Training and weigh in first thing in the morning. Can't wait!!! Hope you all are doing well.
  • hallzz
    Options
    Keep up the great work ladies!