Over 200 new me part 53 (open group)

Options

Replies

• lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    HeatherMN: My cat doesn't do that with tisues/paper but with many other things that he considers his toys ... rubber bands, milk jug caps, those bracelets, balls, and his real kitty toys. He puts them all in his food dish, the other cat does the same thing that your dog does - looks at me like 'what the heck?'. That weird cat also 'swims' in the water dishes, especially the dogs. He doesn't like to stick his nose in water so laps it up very messily with his paw from the water dishes (or toilet if someone leaves it open) or sits under the faucet to catch the stream whenever it's on. Goofy cat!

mstahl: Good for you on the swimming!

momma24: sounds like you are making a good plan for today!

checking in for yesterday:
    calories: under, hurray!
    exercise: good - 45 minutes of step (I just can't seem to get there on time at 6am anymore! I need the time to change to get that extra hour of sleep!
    water: I think good, didn't track though
    proud: made some good choices even though I was craving carbs most of the day
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I read through the posts while eating lunch and would have loved to respond to everyone, but a very busy day!

I thought my back was in good shape but I am feeling the pinch nerve feeling going down my leg a little bit. But I am not going to stop working out. The best medicine is going to be thinness!!! So I think I will give up the ridiculous dance moves that I would have had a hard time doing at 16 let alone 43. ha! ha!

I just want everyone to know that I appreciate this group and really hope that we all become great friends as we take this journey together!!!
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Ok, so back from my birthday trip in Atlantic City, and let's just say the damage is not as bad as I thought. I figured I would have gained at least four pounds. However, I have only gained 2. That is quite a easy fix, and I am hoping to have those pounds shedded in at least a week. I have done great with my calories so far, and I got in 60 minutes of walking. Going to go back at 5 to get in another 60 minutes, so I should be on track with my calories. So will give my final check in later tonight.
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Good things are happen gals. Yay for ALL the good choices being made. May the scales be kind to each of us in the morning.

Today:

Water yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes
    Proud I was still hungry after lunch and picked in carrots and snap peas, debated about having nuts but didn't want to use that many calories.

It's all about choices:-)
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    No weight loss for me this week but no gain either so its a win win
  • snowflakes
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!

Snowflakes -3 lbs................-1.6%
    awestfall .............................0.0%

awestfall hope you don't mind me adding you. No gain is great. You can be happy with that.

All the water and better eating must have kicked in to flush out, because my calorie deficet is set to lose 1 lb. a week. I'll take it. \

Be good to yourself.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, ladies!

mstahl: Great job on the swimming; that's one thing I don't do well that I wish I did. And no, I have not seen fairy princess riding crops, but I'm thinking I should probably own one. Not that I've ever used one on my horse because there's been no need, but I think I'd like to just carry it around on trail rides to feel special.

lstpaul: My sister's cat also dips his paws in the dog's water dish and then licks it off his paw. He's so weird. The other three cats prefer drinking directly from the faucet. They're all so cute!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Probably close to target.
    Water: 88 oz.
    Exercise: 3 mile run 33:53. My training runs are starting to inch closer and closer to my race times, which means that the race times should start getting faster soon!
    Proud: Was super productive at work yesterday and got a TON done, including a fairly large project.
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Have a very nice weekend. This lady is painting her living room. We painted kitchen, entry way, and hall way 2 weeks ago and we are finishing it up with the living room. The bathrooms need it but I am waiting until I can afford to replace some of the fixtures before I paint. Then next summer I am moving the 2 girls back together and painting their room lavender with a black bed spread for their bed and lavender accents like sheets and pillows. Ooh it is gonna be pretty. Day dreaming. Then I will move on to Ryan's room. That is still somewhere in my head and has not come out yet
  • awestfall
    Options
    Don't mind at all snowflake
  • Momma24
    Options
    Hi Ann.......
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    mstahl...................................0.0%

No loss still up a bit but I'm doing the right things and it will come!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Checking in for Thursday:
    Calories - Lordylordy :noway:
    Water - good
    Exercise - fabulous

Proud- I'm really proud that I got up and swam! Dinner last night was smoked Kabalsi (can't spell!) with white cheddar shells and cheese. AND a friend brought her to DIE FOR Mint chocolate chip cookies! Ooops!

Our chickens have suddenly dropped off in egg production. They had all been doing great - we were getting around 6-8 eggs a day then we had three then two then none... So my husband waited by the door and when he heard a proud hen (they cackle when they lay an egg) he peaked out back and like someone had rung the dinner bell, ol' Mrs. Figg (the mastiff) got of from her nap, waddled over the the nesting box, rooted around a minute then backed up and while licking her chops went back over to her spot in the sun to sleep. It does explain her lack of enthusiasm for dinner lately! At least she isn't eating the chickens!:ohwell:
  • awestfall
    Options
    Hi Ann.......
    Hi Momma how are you?
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Checking in for Thursday, and giving my weight loss percentage.

Calories: yes, well under, and did not have to use any exercise calories
    Water: got my eight glasses at the last minute...whew...
    Exercise:Decided to go walking at the park, did three miles in total, 2 in the morning, and one mile in the afternoon. Utilized a pedometer on my phone, but for some reason, I thought it was not accurate.

I was proud that I got back on the wagon, after my birthday celebration and did not beat myself up at all.

Starting weight for the week was 234.8, ending weight was 234.0. That is a total loss of 0.8 pounds, I will take it. considering I gained two pounds. I just have 1.2 pounds to lose, so this is letting me know I am heading in the right direction.

So that makes my weight loss percentage this week to be 0.34%....I will take it, and hoping that I can get back to where I need to be by next week.
  • snowflakes
    Options
    mstahl.................................0.0%
    HeatherMN...........................?.?% ( New Years here you come)
    Momma24............................0.0%
    annasgyal..-.08 lbs................0.34%

Okay gals we are in this together! We are a group for the good and the bad, together. If you would like to whip me with wet noodles fine; if not, let's stand up and be accountable girls. If nobody else posts I will have a challenge posted by morning.
    Did I miss lstpaul? I only see what is on my screen and then my mind goes blank...I swear middle age is sabatoging my brain.
    (Got to blame it on something...)

Wow Heather that is will power to leave the scales alone, I would just get too CURIOUS. Had to google riding crops, you would look very impressive with a fairy princess one. Better put it on your Christmas list:-)

mstahl nice swim!

annassgyal welcome back to reality. So is the pedometor an app you added on your phone? And is there a way to set your stride?
  • snowflakes
    Options
    Oh Momma painting is WORK. We are do it yourselfers too. That will keep you moving, yay! Gotta love the amazing results when you are done. Nothing like fresh paint:-)
  • Momma24
    Options
    snowflakes, I was cracking up when I read your post. Thank you for posting for me. I actually weighed in 3 pounds heavier than last week. I don't believe I ate that much I did over eat a couple of days though.
  • snowflakes
    Options
    Momma glad that I could humor you. I must be wearing my fiesty pants today because I'm on one. Sorry that the scales were not being nice today, but I know you and I'm sure that you didn't eat 10,500 calories over. That is just plain crazy. Guzzle your water is the best encouragement I can give. I know how you love your water...hee hee It really helps flush your system, but you know that.

So girls this weeks challenge has two parts;

Part 1: Under the jiggle of my wiggle as I wave my arms there is muscle yet to be toned. For 4 days this week do ANY strength building of your choice on your arms til futigue. For me that will be quick :-) (Bands, weights, water bottle, soup can, anything you have at home will do) My plan is for Saturday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Choose what days work best for you.

Part 2: Three times this week share a time when you made a choice to eat something good for you vs something that would be higher in calories. Like carrots instead of chips, baked fish vs. deep fried fish, etc. You get the idea. My intent is to get us each thinking and being very aware of the calories we are eating. It is all about choices and you are the one to make the difference.

It is my wish for every single one of you to see improvement by New Years Day and beyond.
  • Windchild
    Windchild Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone! I could not find this thread to post in it. :frown: So I'm going to do a mass catch up:

Monday:
    Water: Sadly, no.
    Calories: I was under!
    Exercise: I walked all over town so my cousin could trick or treat, does that count?

Tuesday:
    Water: No. Though I was better than Monday.
    Calories: I was under!
    Exercise: Yep!

Wednesday:
    Water: No
    Calories: I was under, again.
    Exercise: No.

Thursday:
    Water: Again, No.
    Calories: I'm pretty good at staying under my calorie goal.
    Exercise: 45 Minutes.

Friday:
    Water: No.
    Calories: I was just barely under my goal.
    Exercise: No.

Proud: I went out to lunch with a co-worker and didn't eat too much! I stayed within my goal, and age healthy!

Friday Check-In:
    I started this week at 275.6 and now 270.6. Woot!
  • snowflakes
    Options
    Windchild glad that you found us. On the top of the page you will see the tabs the MY HOME, FOOD, and the last one is COMMUNITY; click on community and then My Topics and there we will be. That tab stores where you have posted.

Yes, walking all over town counts. You are moving and off the couch, YA! And congrats on a 5 pound loss this week that puts you at 1.8%. You beat me by 0.2%, great going.