NYBNY Challenge October (closed group)

Options

Replies

• Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I posted this NSV on my status, but I'll post it here, too, since that is also one of our weekly challenges and I might not be guaranteed another. In October I ran more than 113 miles! Yipee!

Congrats!!! That's a wonderful NSV!

Ok, I was worried about Meatless Monday because, it turns out, I eat meat for most of my main meals. So, when dinner arrived, i tried some Morning Star corndogs that are meatless and DAMN!! They were delicious!!!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I posted this NSV on my status, but I'll post it here, too, since that is also one of our weekly challenges and I might not be guaranteed another. In October I ran more than 113 miles! Yipee!

Ok, I was worried about Meatless Monday because, it turns out, I eat meat for most of my main meals. So, when dinner arrived, i tried some Morning Star corndogs that are meatless and DAMN!! They were delicious!!!

the "chicken" nuggets are also really good :)
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options

Agreed. And so are the chik-n patties. Also, I like the Boca All-American flame grilled burgers and so do my kids.
  • JamesonsMommy
    Options

Agreed. And so are the chik-n patties. Also, I like the Boca All-American flame grilled burgers and so do my kids.

I went meatless over the summer and fell in love with the MSF products :) Eating meat again but would rather have a MSF prime griller over a regular burger :) I like to slice the boco spicy chicken patties and put them over a salad :) yumm!!
  • Kekibird
    Options

I went meatless over the summer and fell in love with the MSF products :) Eating meat again but would rather have a MSF prime griller over a regular burger :) I like to slice the boco spicy chicken patties and put them over a salad :) yumm!!

K, now I'm craving some Morning Star!! HAHAHAH!!! I'll have to see if my Costco sells them in larger sizes. The ones at the grocery story are very small. The corndogs lasted maybe three days. My son had them for lunch and LOVED them! So I'll have to stock up :)
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Now I'm excited to try some of the other MSF products. I love the breakfast sausage. I ended up buying those to use in my squash recipe tomorrow. The recipe calls for sausage crumbles, but I couldn't find them, so I will chop up the breakfast patties.

My NSV is that today I am wearing a dress I haven't been able to wear in a couple of years. It feels great becuase I didn't do real great last month, so to know I still made progress is very helpful.
  • Kekibird
    Options
    Now I'm excited to try some of the other MSF products. I love the breakfast sausage. I ended up buying those to use in my squash recipe tomorrow. The recipe calls for sausage crumbles, but I couldn't find them, so I will chop up the breakfast patties.

My NSV is that today I am wearing a dress I haven't been able to wear in a couple of years. It feels great becuase I didn't do real great last month, so to know I still made progress is very helpful.

Awesome!! That's such a great feeling :)

I forgot, I had a little social/fitness NSV yesterday. I'm a little bit shy to talk in public and I know I come off unfriendly. Well I've been in this particular Zumba class for months and I've said little to the teacher due to a huge girlcrush. She just seem SOOO cool and such a great dancer. Well she pulled out the belly dancing skirts with the bells on it and when she asked who wanted to wear them, I raised my hand first and took one. I was so proud of myself! I love wearing them because I seem to work harder in classl. I swear those skirts really make you work harder just so you can hear the bells jingle. I was drenched in sweat and felt SO good! And I didn't have to take any breaks between dances!

I :heart: Zumba!
  • ljjorgensen
    Options
    I love the MSF sausage patties and I use the crumbles when I make my chile, it is really good.
  • rebeccask
    Options
    Do we have a November thread yet? Or should I post my strength training exercise here?
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    since there isnt a NOV board yet (cmon other teams! get your points in!) ill post the exercise here :)

so my favorite strength training exercise is a bridge. lol it may look funny but it really works your butt, glutes and abs, and feels pretty good.

here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOPkM2pzznc
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    I like to do wall pushups (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RtM3L00BUU). It is great becuase you can do it anywhere.
  • JamesonsMommy
    Options
    This is my favorite inner thigh strength training exercise.. Once you get used to it add some ankle weights :) The exercise is at the 2.08 mark in the video but all these leg exercises are great :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJJQz6Kt9MA
  • rebeccask
    Options
    This is my favorite inner thigh strength training exercise.. Once you get used to it add some ankle weights :) The exercise is at the 2.08 mark in the video but all these leg exercises are great :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJJQz6Kt9MA

perfect! thanks a lot.
  • rebeccask
    Options
    I love to do plank holds! Here's a link to an article which includes a video on how to do them correctly.

http://physicalliving.com/the-right-way-to-do-the-plank-exercise/

Considering, you hold them for 30 seconds-1minute....I won't be doing 10 of them. Or should I? I was thinking 5-1minute holds.
  • Kekibird
    Options
    Alrighty...I'm already lost on the strength training points for today. But I'll do my best.

I'm at work and unable to watch videos so I'm not sure who's posted what but this is something we do in our Wednesday Get Pumped class that has my calves and thighs burning by the end.

Stand with your feet together and lift your heels together for a count of 10. Then, without stopping, point your toes to the corners of the room (making a V shape with your feet) and lift your heels to a count of 10. Change your foot placement again, without much pause, and point your toes together, lifting your heels for a count of 10.

You feel stupid doing this but I promise you, after 3 sets, your muscles are BURNING!! She has us do 5 sets of each while holding hand weights. The movements are small and not exaggerated, just simple smooth up and down. And switching between positions is a fluid change without stopping for more than one count.

Enjoy!
  • MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I like doing squat jumps. This exercise tones your glutes and legs. Here is video of the squat jump:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZZc18uX-q8

You should feel the burn :smile: in your legs and glutes.
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I am so bad at plyometric stuff! I was so envious of this guy I saw at the gym last week--he was standing on top of a swiss/balance ball and throwing a medicine ball at the floor below him SO HARD that it bounced up back to him like a basketball. Rinse and repeat. OMG.

I like to do my push-ups on an upside down BOSU. If I'm feeling really nuts, I'll put my shins on a balance ball as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyfSAou5mfk
  • Kekibird
    Options
    I am so bad at plyometric stuff! I was so envious of this guy I saw at the gym last week--he was standing on top of a swiss/balance ball and throwing a medicine ball at the floor below him SO HARD that it bounced up back to him like a basketball. Rinse and repeat. OMG.

I like to do my push-ups on an upside down BOSU. If I'm feeling really nuts, I'll put my shins on a balance ball as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyfSAou5mfk

Yeah for Bosu! I have one at home.
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    Today I thanked one of my good girlfriends for always being there to listen and let me vent as well as bounce ideas off of her. I also thanked her for being a great wine drinking partner :)
  • rebeccask
    Options
    Assuming this is the board we're supposed to use for November challenges, I'm doing the 30 Day Shred workout tonight. I'm skipping level 1 because the first time around, it wasn't challenging enough. So I started with level 2 on Nov. 1st. For those of you who have done the 30 Day Shred, you know what it's like. But for those of you who haven't done it, its a circuit workout, 3 circuits: 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, 1 minute abs and repeat 2 more times. Strength is the hardest for me.