NYBNY Challenge October (closed group)

Options

Replies

• JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I want to also include a creepy dinner

http://www.hungry-girl.com/weighin/show/1625
    I'm making the Cheesy Chicken Tarantuladas tonight :) YUMMY!!!

What is a ghost's favorite meal? Ghost beef (i love corny jokes)
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    I want to also include a creepy dinner

http://www.hungry-girl.com/weighin/show/1625
    I'm making the Cheesy Chicken Tarantuladas tonight :) YUMMY!!!

What is a ghost's favorite meal? Ghost beef (i love corny jokes)

Too cute!
  • wvualum
    Options
    Ok, I found a few cute jokes to share:

Why didn't the skeleton cross the road?..........He didn't have the guts.

What was the witches favorite subject?.............Spelling

Where do baby ghosts go during the day?............Dayscare Centers

What kind of mistakes do ghosts make?................Boo boos :bigsmile:
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Frozen "Boo"-nana Pops

Servings: 4 • Size: 1 banana pop
    Calories: 98 • Fat: 4.5 g • Protein: 1.3 g • Carb: 14 g • Fiber: 0.7 g • Sugar: 10.7
    Sodium: 13.8 mg

Ingredients:

* 1 medium banana
    * 1 cup white chocolate
    * 8 mini chocolate chips
    * 4 popsicle sticks

Directions:

Cut banana in half lengthwise, then in half to make four quarters.

Insert popsicle sticks into bananas, and freeze bananas on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.

When the bananas are frozen, fill a coffee mug with chocolate. Melt chocolate in the microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring until the chocolate is melted and soft.

Dip the bananas one at a time into the chocolate, scraping off the excess chocolate from the back of the banana, and place it on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Quickly add the chocolate chips for the eyes before the chocolate hardens (you have to work quickly here).

Return to the freezer until frozen and ready to eat. Eat frozen.
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    My 'spooky' story I suppose.

Last year I was part of a trio of BFF's, I lived with one of my BF's and the other one lived no that far away. My roommate and I were hanging out with our third friend and she had been having bad stomach pains throughout the entire day. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but her having Chron's meant it could be serious. Finally at around 1 in the morning we convinced her to go to the hospital. As we lived on campus we had to park in the designated parking lot, so my roomie and I went to grab the car. On the way to the car we passed the rec center and their mini parking lot for certain faculty, we looked over and there were a few cars there but strangely enough their was a small sized women standing staring at a car. If you've seen paranormal activity, she was standing like the girl does when she stands at the edge of the bed for hours. We thought it was weird but were in a rush to get our friend to the hospital.

Three-four hours go by and we finally drop our friend off at her place and are parking the car for the night. We have to walk by the rec center again and the girl we saw earlier is still standing in the EXACT same place in the same way. We both quietly comment and pick up our pace and all of the sudden robotically she turns towards us and stares. We ran.

Had to be the scariest thing of my life!
  • adamkat
    adamkat Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    my receipe I just made this and was unsure but it is soo yummy:

Tofu Chocolate mouse

Ingredients:
    3/4 cup dark chocolate chips or dark chocolate broken into pieces
    12 oz silken tofu
    1/2 cup warmed skim milk, or soy, rice or almond milk
    1 tsp best quality vanilla

Method:
    1-melt chocolate chips in double boiler or in the microwave. Make sure to melt slowly so as not to burn
    2- in a food processor or blender combine tofu, melted chocolate, milk and vanilla. Process until smooth. Place tofu mixture in fine-mesh strainer or sieve, pushing through with the back of a wooden spoon into a medium decorative serving vowl. Serve in bowl or in individual serving bowl. Chill and serve. ( I didn't do the strainer part just put in serving bowls after blening really well till smooth)

4 servings
    calories-281
    protein-9g
    total carbs-24g
    total fat-16g
    fiber-4g

Sorry I have been on vacation this week so haven't really been out much to get any ROAK. sad but true.
  • ljjorgensen
    Options
    SLEEP SLIM SMOOTHIE ( HAVEN'T TRIED YET BUT IS ON MY AGENDA REAL SOON)

1 C. TART CHERRY JUICE
    1/2 BANANA
    1/2 C. SOY MILK
    5 ICE CUBES
    1/4 TSP. PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
    COMBINE ALL IN BLENDER AND BLEND TILL SMOOTH

DOZE OFF AND KEEP YOUR METABOLISM BURNING THROUGH THE NIGHT WITH THIS DELICIOUS SMOOTH.
    CHERRIES ARE ONE OF THE RICHEST KNOWN SOURCES OF MELATONIN, THE SLEEP HORMONE.
    BANANAS CONTAIN LOADS OF MEGNESIUM A CALMING MINERAL.
    LASTLY SOY MILK IS HIGH IN TRYPTOPHAN THE SLEEP-INDUCING AMINO ACID.
    SWEET DREAMS!!!!!
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    Alrighty, here's my tip, and it's something I find myself doing frequently.

On most days, I either call my mom or grandparents to check in during one of my many breaks between classes. I always step outside to make the call. Instead of sitting at one of the many benches and picnic tables, I walk. I walk back and forth, in circles, in a circuit around the courtyard, anything! Even if it's raining, I'll walk back and forth underneath the overhang by the doors. Before I know it, it's been about a half hour to 45 minutes, and I was active the entire time!!

Just a little something I've noticed I've been doing. And it comes to show that even the smallest activity is still activity! :happy:
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Here are the November challenges. Please let us know if you have any questions!

Monday-Meatless Monday-create a meal (lunch or dinner) that does not use meat (chicken, turkey, beef, pork, fish)
    Weigh Day Monday-1 point for reporting in

Tuesday-Track it Tuesday-Log EVERYTHING-all drinks and foods-if it goes in your mouth it gets logged in MFP.
    Stretch it Out-1 point for 10 minutes of stretching exercises

Wednesday-Walk it Wednesday-Walk/run at least 1 mile, 2 points for 2 miles

Thursday- Gobble Up Thursday-1 point for eating some form of turkey to get ready for Thanksgiving
    Strength Training Thursday-1 point if you share a description of your favorite strength training exercise (with instructions on proper form-can post a link or cut and paste as long as you provide the link for others) 1 point if you do at least 10 reps of your own exercise and 1 point for doing 10 reps from exercises that two others have posted

Friday- Fitness Friday-Use and exercise DVD/web video/etc and share with the group what you did and a quick review (no time requirement)
    Thank You Friday-Share with someone why you are thankful for them. Post on the board who they are and why you are thankful.

5 Bonus points for the week:
    1 point if you only weight yourself on your scheduled weigh in day
    1 point if you drink 64 ounces of water each day, including weekends.
    1 point if you share a NSV on the main group board during the week
    1 point if you eat breakfast everyday
    1 point if you tried something new (new food, new exercise, etc)
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, Good timing on my part.

I just ordered 2 new kettlebell DVDs and the Brazil Butt Lift kit. Lots of new stuff for November.
  • KelieHerrera
    Options
    I have a leeeetle problem with Thursdays in November. I'm a pescetarian and don't eat turkey.
  • wvualum
    Options
    I have a leeeetle problem with Thursdays in November. I'm a pescetarian and don't eat turkey.

maybe do fish instead?
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    RAOK: My son and I stayed after my zumba dance party to help put back the steps along the wall.
  • ljjorgensen
    Options
    Stayed and locked up the office Friday so everybody else could leave early.
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options

Do you eat Tofurkey?

Also, I think the Friday exercise challenge is TOO cute. I've been so run-focused recently that it'll be fun to be forced to pull out one of my old videos. Nice job. Thanks, ladies!
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Are we getting a cheat sheet for the month? That really helped me last month...
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    If you need some meatless inspiration check out this website

http://www.meatlessmonday.com/
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    Are we still doing the RAOK challenge?

Also, I made a cheat sheet for November. Please send me a message if you would like a copy. I will e-mail it sometime tomorrow.
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    If you would like the cheat sheet, please send me your e-mail address.
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    I posted this NSV on my status, but I'll post it here, too, since that is also one of our weekly challenges and I might not be guaranteed another. In October I ran more than 113 miles! Yipee!