The Diamond Challenge Round 6 DITR

Options
Hello Diamonds!

Welcome to Round 6 of The Diamond Challenge! Most of you are familiar with me, but for those who are not I am Jennifer your DITR leader. This Round will be different as we are the only League competing! Our teams (pink, yellow, and blue) will compete against one another in the weekly challenges, so bring your "A" game ladies!

As of yet, I still have a few partnerships to make between you. Once I am done pairing up I will post the teams roster in the DITR blog ( I will provide you all with a link at that time). So for the time being I would ask that you all introduce yourself to one another using this forum and perhaps a little "blurb" on why you joined the Diamonds (this can be considered your first QOTD!) :flowerforyou:

Mini Challenge of the Week:

Walk for 20 minutes or more (at one time) each day. This can be walking on the spot, speed walking, window shopping, walking around the supermarket...doesn't matter to me how you do it, just try and get it done!

**If you have not already done so, please add this profile to your friends list**

Jennifer.

Replies

• Hippititimus
    Options
    Im newish here, is this for the ladies only?
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

This is my personal profile, so if I do not reply quickly enough via the DITR page, feel free to contact me here!

A little about me, I live in beautiful BC, Canada where we will be getting snow any day now! :sad:
    I'm 27, happily married, and the mother of a brilliant 7 year old boy :) I am finishing up my Nursing Program (2 weeks left) and currently the leader of DiamondsintheRough.

I joined the Diamonds because I love the support this group provides! DITR has seen some amazing ladies in the past rounds, and I have no doubts about Round 6! I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you in the upcoming weeks!

Lets go Diamonds!
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    Im newish here, is this for the ladies only?

Currently the Diamonds consist only of ladies, but we are more than willing to branch out. :)
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Chris. I participated in the last Diamonds challenge and loved it! Can't wait to get started again!!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kelly! I where many hats: daughter, wife, mom, grandma and college student. I had gastric bypass surgery on Feb. 7, 2011. I am on a journey to a healthy, happy and sexy new me!!! I have a personal goal of getting my Zumba Instructors certification next year. I enjoyed the last challenge so I signed up for this one and love to support and be supported on on this journey.
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

I'm Christi, and I'm from Mentor, OH. I participated in the last two Diamond challenges as a Little Diamond (my first challenge after joining MFP in May). I am very excited to be continuing the Diamond challenge with all of you. I have met some great ladies through the challenges and can't wait to meet more :happy: I love the support of the Diamonds as well as the friendly competition. It definitely helps to hold me accountable.

Hope you all had a terrific Monday!
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Clare and I've been part of two challenges now and I love it. It really keeps me accountable.

So a bit about me I'm a 28yr old mum of three aged 6,3&1 and I live in England. I love motorbikes and walking so the mini challenge is right up my street lol.

I look forward to getting to know you all better :)
  • mrscampbe11
    mrscampbe11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Amanda in Edinburgh, Scotland. :drinker: This will be my second Diamond challenge and I joined because I saw all the cool stuff one of my friends was doing as part of the challenge and thought I wanted in on that! I like how everyone is supportive and in it for the same reasons. I walked in to town and back for a conference this morning so day 1 of the challenge has been met. :happy:
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm Tameko in Orange County, CA (home of the original Disneyland). This is my third diamond challenge and I love it! Look forward to meeting everyone this time around. I love challenges with daily checkins.

Are we doing 4 weeks again or longer this time?
  • Crooks0204
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am Rebekah and I am so excited to be part of the challenge. I am a mother to a 7 y/o boy, wife, daughter, big sister and nursing student. I graduate 7 weeks from Thursday and I cannot wait. These next 7 weeks are going to be crazy for me and I need all the support I can get!! I live in South Carolina and I look forward to getting to know each of you!
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am Elle - I am a mom to 3 boys - aged 20, 19 and 5. I have a very supportive husband and we live in a very rural part of Ontario, Canada (Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians!)

I started trying to lose weight last September when I realized I had creeped back up to within 7 lbs of my post-baby weight. I lost 9 lbs between then and March 7th. I have been with the diamonds challenges since round 1, seeing Miss Jamaica's post about a week after I started on here. I love the diamond challenges - I have met great people and it keeps me accountable and on track. Also, I do not "share" my weight loss success/frustrations with many people so it is so nice for me to have a place where people are going down the same road.

Looking forward to this challenge!
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hello Diamonds. My name is Susie and I live in the Washington DC area. I have one son who turns 2 tomorrow! :)
    I joined DITR about halfway through Round 5. I'm happy to be a part of Round 6 from the start. I love the Diamond Challenge because I like checking in daily with my partner and the other diamonds with the daily thread and QOTD. The Diamonds are a great group who offer a lot of support and encouragement.

If we're not already friends, please feel free to add me!!!

Susie
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    Hello diamonds!
    This is my second round of the DITR challenges and I am SO looking forward to round 6!
    I had come across DITR when round 5 was starting and was hooked!!

My name is Shawn Marie and I live in West Allis, WI.
    Please feel free to add me as a friend and I look forward to loosing with all of you!
    Good luck everyone - now lets move!
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hi there Diamonds

My name is Jennifer. I am a wife and mother of 3 (DD13, DD8 & DS3) I do in home daycare with pretty late hours Mon thru Sat. On top of that, my girls both have pretty heavy dance schedules so finding time to workout is a challenge. I started MFP back in May & joined the diamonds last round.

My family just got back from vacation so I really need to get back in gear and get back to losing weight. I am half way there.
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm Pam, a 43 married mother of an 18 year old daughter. I live just north of Indianapolis, IN and do work full time in project management. I think I joined DITR on round 2 (or 3). Again, like others, I find the challenge really helps to keep me on track! Been active on MFP since end of March this year!

looking forward to the next several weeks with you all!

Pam
  • michelle_eiz
    michelle_eiz Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi!

My name is Michelle. I am a wife and mother of 2 little girls (ages 3 and 7 months). This will be my 3rd Diamond Challenge! I have been on my weight loss journey on and off for years. My latest journey started in May of 2011, and I am ready to make it my last journey as well!

Let's get theses pounds off ladies!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    bump... I'lll check back soon
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my name is Kasi. I'm a mom of 4 awesome kids and live in Salem, OR. I have been married to my husband for 2 years now and couldn't imagine my life without him. I've also been in this challenge for two rounds. I started as a DITR and was a LD last round. I'm excited to get to know all of you and thank you Lustris for putting this together.

So Lustris, why are we the only ones competeing? Is Jamacia doing okay?
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Morning all how's everyone this lovely Tuesday? I did my 20mins walking round Tesco yesterday evening round Tesco food shopping so that's one day down. Hope you are all ok :)
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Good morning Diamonds!

I am Barbara, 29 years,from Austria. This is my 3rd Diamond challenge, I've been a little diamond during the last two rounds! I really love this challenge, as the support is great! Looking forward to meet all of you!

WE CAN DO IT!

Have a great day everyone!

Barbara

PS.: Hope all of the Canadian Diamonds had a great Thanksgiving yesterday!