Replies

• jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    bump to post later.
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

The Teams and Pairs have just been added to our BLOG. You can find a link to the blog in the "about me" section of the DITR homepage!
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Yay pink diamond w my buddy clare! =) went for a 30 min jog and did 20 min 30 day shred video today feelin good hoep eveyones havin a great day!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Yay I'm also a pink diamond with Keeley
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    I'm a Blue Diamond! Here's a support thread for our group ladies... can't wait to get to know you all! Blue is gonna rock this challenge:bigsmile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/366566-blue-diamond-support-group-closed-thread
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Go Yellow!! :laugh:
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I've yet to get a message stating who our partners/teams were. Anyone else out of the loop?
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/DiamondsInTheRough

Here is the link to our blog. It tells ya what team your on:bigsmile:
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    Thanks Kasi for posting that link for everyone! I would hate for anyone to feel out of the loop...if anyone ever feels like that, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me:flowerforyou:
  • lustris
    Options
    Hi. I'm Carmena and I live outside of Denver. I have two kiddos living with me right now, both 15 year old boys. Like many here, I've participated in a few Diamond Challenges. I'm hoping to use this particular round to refocus and reconnect with my MFP BFF. We've both been super busy and I miss her. :happy:

Best of luck to everyone!!

I miss you too Sugz! xoxo
  • lustris
    Options
    How is everyone's week so far? I'm seriously impressed at how many of you are attacking this mini challenge full force!! Way to go Diamonds! Let's step it up a notch, in addition to walking lets do our best to drink 80oz of water in a day. Dr's recommend at least 64, so let's try for 80! I have yet to assign QOTD's to everyone, but that is next on my list. IF you have a question you are dying to ask everyone in the mean time...please use this forum and do so! I will start by asking my favorite QOTD:

Losing weight is a huge accomplishment, what other accomplishments are you proud of?
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    :heart:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Losing weight is a huge accomplishment, what other accomplishments are you proud of?
    My Kiddos! I have a beautiful 15 year old daughter who achieves at anything she attempts, a 12 year old son with the biggest heart in the world, a 7 year old son that ya'll might see on tv some day playing ball (pick any ball:smile: ), and a 5 year old son that seriously has a personality all of his own. My kids are absolutely wonderful! We have our issues as any family does but we have been through alot and could overcome anything with the bond that we have. Man, I love my kids:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Morning all! I got my walk in yesterday ended up doing 3hours while my oldest two where in school I love to walk so much. I need to do the water challenge as I have upped my water but still need to drink more.

QOTD my other accomplishment would also have to be my three children my 6yr old daughter who is incredibly cleaver and can read everything, my 3yr old son who is a train obsessed animal lover and my 1yr old son who's just a little smiler. I never wanted kids when I was younger but they have changed my life so much and made me a better person. Even if they do drive me crazy sometimes :)
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Morning all! I got my walk in yesterday ended up doing 3hours while my oldest two where in school I love to walk so much. I need to do the water challenge as I have upped my water but still need to drink more.

QOTD my other accomplishment would also have to be my three children my 6yr old daughter who is incredibly cleaver and can read everything, my 3yr old son who is a train obsessed animal lover and my 1yr old son who's just a little smiler. I never wanted kids when I was younger but they have changed my life so much and made me a better person. Even if they do drive me crazy sometimes :)

Oh almost forgot to say go pink team :) and yay to being partners with sueli again
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to throw this out there in case any other Diamonds from Team Yellow want to add it to their signature.

team.jpg

Just click on "quote" and copy the part that says ...

Good Luck Ladies!
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options

hmm... does my shoe collection count as an accomplishment? lol

I'm proud of:
    Kicking cancer's behind and being a proud cancer killer (not just a survivor, I'm more bada** than that. :bigsmile: )
    Becoming fluently bi-lingual (considering the lack of emphasis in US schools put on learning other languages)
    Graduating the university with 2 batchelor's degrees

aaand the 10K that I am running on the 23rd (it's not here yet, but I know it will be a huge accomplishment. lol)
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options

I'm proud of:
    - the fact that I stopped biting my nails about 2 months ago
    - finishing my MA last year and with the grade I had aimed for, and all the internships I did while I was in uni - I worked hard to make myself as employable as possible (very important when you're a humanities major) and it paid off
    - being fluent in English and having kicked my (German) accent for the most part (I've been mistaken for an American several times)
    - being brave enough to move abroad twice and most recently to a small Bavarian village for my job (I am not sure which one required more courage, haha)
    - sticking with running and finishing my 5k over 2 mins faster than my goal time
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options

started running just this past February and have now run 2 half marathons. the 2nd half marathon was a little faster than the 1st with the added challenge of rolling hills and my running with a nasty cold!

I agree with others that my daughter continues to be a constant source of amazement! she's recently turned 18 and I just realized how much my lifestyle change has impacted her this past weekend when she tried on a dress for a dance this weekend and it looked totally amazing on her - she tends to wear jeans and loose tops, so the full impact of her transformation was not overly obvious until then even though I knew she's lost over 20 lbs!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Hi all, sorry for the delay in introducing myself. I'm Jen. I'm 25 going on 26 next month. I'm a single mom to a beautiful 2 year old girl named Nicole. I live in Groton CT. I'm losing weight to be a better example for my daughter. I've lost 30 lbs to date with MFP and have 30 more to go. Can't wait to get to know ya'll! Feel free to add me!