The Diamond Challenge Round 6 DITR

Options

Replies

• jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is a huge accomplishment, what other accomplishments are you proud of?

My daughter and being strong for her during this divorce
  • sistermooooon
    Options
    How is everyone's week so far? I'm seriously impressed at how many of you are attacking this mini challenge full force!! Way to go Diamonds! Let's step it up a notch, in addition to walking lets do our best to drink 80oz of water in a day. Dr's recommend at least 64, so let's try for 80! I have yet to assign QOTD's to everyone, but that is next on my list. IF you have a question you are dying to ask everyone in the mean time...please use this forum and do so! I will start by asking my favorite QOTD:

Losing weight is a huge accomplishment, what other accomplishments are you proud of?

Great Question!
    I'm going to go with the fact that as a single mom of 3 kids, I made the choice of finding part time work instead of full so I could stay at home more with my youngest, who is special needs. It has been a drastic change in lifestyle, but is worth it! I don't see them as sacrifices, I see the fact that my other two kids had to grow up basically in daycare as the sacrifice. I love my kids and being able to be there when they come home from school and thru many, many experiences. :)
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    :smooched: Good morning sweet diamonds!!

How is everyone doing today?
    Went ot the gym last night and got my walk in as well as other cardio and weight training.

80 oz of water a day . . . no problem here! Lets do this!!
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options

I am proud that I am a self-sufficient independent woman. I have a great job that I have worked hard for (I was the first one on my mom's side of the family to go to college).

As far as recent accomplishments, I started c25k six weeks ago and ran my first two miles nonstop this week. I have never run before, never wanted to run before, and would never have believed that I could run. But I am doing it!

Happy Thursday everyone!!
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options

Mine are my 2 daughters, they are everything to me and I wouldn't change that for anything. Now if they would just slow it down on the whole growing up thing lol
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies and Gent (if he is still here. Hopefulle we didn't scare him off)

I did my walk yesterday. I hope on the elliptical counts.

Today I went to the park and I ran for 42 minutes. Need that water challenge today.

My biggest acheivement this year is being able to run a 5k. I have never run before. I started the c25k and completed that, then went on to other challenges. I just decided to see if I could still run a 5k and I did. I can still do it. I even beat my old time. I want to keep improving my time.

Best wishes everyone.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    quick question are we weighing in tomorrow like previous rounds?
  • lablovr108
    Options
    Just wanted to throw this out there in case any other Diamonds from Team Yellow want to add it to their signature.

team.jpg

Just click on "quote" and copy the part that says ...

Good Luck Ladies!

Love it! Thanks!!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    no walk for me yesterday, as it was 102 degrees (ouch, and what the hell!?) but i'm gonna work on my water as I have been VERY bad about it lately.

last time I did a fitness test with my trainer (after 7 weeks) I did 9 regular pushups in a row. When I started with her I could only do about half of one.

and on Monday I was deadlifting 30lbs with ease until hte last few reps. I could probably go up to a full sized bar.
  • mrscampbe11
    mrscampbe11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How is everyone's week so far? I'm seriously impressed at how many of you are attacking this mini challenge full force!! Way to go Diamonds! Let's step it up a notch, in addition to walking lets do our best to drink 80oz of water in a day. Dr's recommend at least 64, so let's try for 80! I have yet to assign QOTD's to everyone, but that is next on my list. IF you have a question you are dying to ask everyone in the mean time...please use this forum and do so! I will start by asking my favorite QOTD:

Shame on me, I NEVER drink enough water. :embarassed: But I did walk to and from the train station today (25 minutes each way) and then I had some time to kill before a meeting so walked a bit more around the shops. No buying though due to budget restrictions! :grumble: :sad:

I am proud that the work I do helps people live the life they want to, and I can make a real impact on improving quality of life.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I did hour and to minutes of Zumba plus the Curves Circuit today. I average about 105 ounces of water a day.
  • Crooks0204
    Options
    I am proud of my family! I am super proud of my little brother who is a US Marine. I am very proud to say I have 7 weeks to go before I am done with nursing school. Also proud that I just finished psych nursing with an A in the overall course!!!
  • Crooks0204
    Options
    Will some one please post the link to add the Diamonds in the Rough pic to my signature line, I have no idea how to!! Thanks in advance!!
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    QOTD:

Losing weight is a huge accomplishment, what other accomplishments are you proud of? I'm proud of my daughter. Raising her to become an independent women is my goal. Too many marriages fall apart for one reason or another and I don't want her scrambling like I did.

Oh did I walk today (3 miles)! I also did Zumba. :grumble: I am so uncoordinated (sp?).

Drank my water, too.:drinker:

Starleng
  • lablovr108
    Options
    Will some one please post the link to add the Diamonds in the Rough pic to my signature line, I have no idea how to!! Thanks in advance!!

This link will tell you how to do it :)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JE7LQBrL34dHF8gLr3Slh5Qx2btXlFwRBjQ6DqcxviU/edit?hl=en_US#
  • Crooks0204
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    QOTD:

Losing weight is a huge accomplishment, what other accomplishments are you proud of? I'm proud of my daughter. Raising her to become an independent women is my goal. Too many marriages fall apart for one reason or another and I don't want her scrambling like I did.

I went back to school at 41, graduated with an associates in business in 2009, am 6 credits shy of a bachelors in business management and mid january I will be starting a bachelors in the science of human services management.
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed by how accomplished everyone is. :) Like most of you, I feel my son is my greatest accomplishment. He amazes me everyday and I can't imagine life without him.

I got my walk in today. My leisurely stroller walk was interrupted halfway by rain. So, my walk turned into a run. The good thing is I burned more calories. The bad thing is my son and I were soaked by the time we got home. Can I count the rain towards my goal of 80 oz of water? hehe j/k

Susie
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options

hmm... does my shoe collection count as an accomplishment? lol

I'm proud of:
    Kicking cancer's behind and being a proud cancer killer (not just a survivor, I'm more bada** than that. :bigsmile: )
    Becoming fluently bi-lingual (considering the lack of emphasis in US schools put on learning other languages)
    Graduating the university with 2 batchelor's degrees

aaand the 10K that I am running on the 23rd (it's not here yet, but I know it will be a huge accomplishment. lol)

meggers123 ... You're amazing!:flowerforyou:
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    Hello Diamonds! Hope you all are doing wonderfully tonight! It's time to see who will have bragging rights for week 1! Weigh in is now open, and will close at Noon, Sunday PST. If I do not receive your weigh in by cut-off time, I will not be including it for your team! Don't let them down ladies, weigh in on time!

The link to weigh in:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDRGT2tWV0xWTG1JcDVPX0lUcEpZV1E6MQ