The Diamond Challenge Round 6 DITR

Options

Replies

• meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Here's a fun question:

If you did not know your numerical age, how old would you be based on how you feel?

And another one just to get some chit chat going...what is the one or two things~ heck I'll take a list~ that you would like to get accomplished in the remainder of 2011?

How I feel? Maybe 25. I feel young, but I've got that 'want to settle down' feelin coming on :D

My 2011 still to do list?
    1. Make it to 155lbs
    2. Apartment Hunt
    3. Buy a new couch :)
    4. Run a 10K (on october 23rd)
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Forgot to answer how old I feel I'm 28 at the moment but would say somewhere around 6 because I spend a lot of time playing kids games like hide and seek with my children and 50because when I get stressed and tell them off I come out with stupid old sayings that my mum says like "if you fall and break your legs don't come running to me!"

I would say that most of the time I feel younger now as this is the first time in my life I have been a healthy weight and I've never had so much energy before its great.

Today I tried oat cakes they are really nice :)
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Here's a fun question:

If you did not know your numerical age, how old would you be based on how you feel?

And another one just to get some chit chat going...what is the one or two things~ heck I'll take a list~ that you would like to get accomplished in the remainder of 2011?

Oh, I honestly don't know. Sometimes I feel way younger than I am (usually when people my age do things that are not even in the cards for me right now, like getting married, having kids, building a house, stuff like that). But maybe that's also because I am single, I might feel different, if I was in a relationship. Right now it all just seems too distant for me. It's also hard to believe for me that people who are 10 years younger than I am are already adults. But sometimes I do feel my age. By the way, I'm 28.

In terms of weight loss, I want to lose another 7 kg in the rest of 2011. I think it's manageable but I will have to see how it goes. I also want to finish my current running program which will take me to a whole hour of running. Other than that? I haven't really made any plans.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Today is a good day. I feel like I'm 30 not 38.

I am working in pushing the water. I guess I have a ways to go to get to 88. Yikes :drinker: :drinker:

My DITR parner and I take turns each week picking a recipe that we both try on the same night. Just a thought for those of you looking for new recipes.

We picked Tuesday and each week we take turns picking. It gets us trying things we normally wouldn't. It also gets us exploring other healthy recipes.

Have a great day
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    HMMM- I must say that I do not feel 43 (almost 44) most days - probably feel at least 10 years younger than that.

For the rest of 2011
    10 more pounds puts me in he"merely overweight" category- I know sounds bad, but that's almost 50 pounds total lost and a huge change in BMI

get my closet and house really organized and keep it that way. between work, volunteer stuff with our marching band, etc. that's a goal for December

for those of you wanting to run - just do it! You'll find you can do much more than you think you can, and if you have to walk a little so what!?! I just started running in February and did my 2nd half 2 weeks ago (still with a ways to go for my goals). I'm slow as all get out, but I'm out there doing it!
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Oh and I would like to paint the kids bedroom but I've been saying that for years as I can't find a colour that's good for a girl and boy

I'd paint the room in orange or yellow! Those two colors are for both: boys and girls!

Have fun painting!
  • barbara1982
    Options
    QOTD:
    Losing weight is a huge accomplishment, what other accomplishments are you proud of?

I'm proud of a lot of things that I reached in my life! (e.g. job, university degree, house, ...)

I believe that one can be proud of a lot of things. I'm also proud when I cook something new and it tastes good or when I reach a fitness goal.
  • barbara1982
    Options
    Here's a fun question:

My age seems to be different from day to day! Today I feel ok. I would say today I'd be about 28. When I attend my classes on Friday and Saturday I feel very good, it seems as if I were still 20! :-)

Actually I don't have many goals until the end of 2011. Just lose some more pounds. But I have a very big goal for next spring. As mentioned before I'm going to classes at the moment (real estate classes). And therefor I've to pass 6 exams (3 oral and 3 written) between February 28th and May 23rd! I hope I pass all of them right away! The exams should be very hard and a lot of people fail when they take the exam for the first time!
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I pretty much feel my age (34)

The water part is easy, the walking isn't. It's been cold here in Iowa. It's actually 10 degrees below the average temp for this time of year. Hope that's not a sign of things yet to come.

I will really have to come up with something new. I am not a very adventurous eater. DH is even worse, so finding new healthy meals to put on the table is a challenge. Will have to check out that website.

My goal for the rest of 2011 is to lose another 5 pounds then make it through the holiday season without gaining it back :frown:
  • o0IrishEyes0o
    o0IrishEyes0o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That's a good one. Most days I feel about 24. I'm just goofy and happy most of the time and still feel a bit like a kid. Today, I'm exhausted, so I feel 90, lol!! And it's actually my birthday today... so I'm really 30!!

As for the rest of 2011,
    I'd like to lose another 10 to 15 lbs.
    I'd like to start and stick to a work out routine (I usually keep it up for about 4 weeks and fall off).
    I'd like to start working on Christmas presents NOW, so that I can make homemade goodies and save some $$$ :)
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That's a good one. Most days I feel about 24. I'm just goofy and happy most of the time and still feel a bit like a kid. Today, I'm exhausted, so I feel 90, lol!! And it's actually my birthday today... so I'm really 30!!

As for the rest of 2011,
    I'd like to start and stick to a work out routine (I usually keep it up for about 4 weeks and fall off).
    I'd like to start working on Christmas presents NOW, so that I can make homemade goodies and save some $$$ :)

Happy birthday!!!! I hope you have a fabulous day.
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone:) I hope ya'll are having wonderful day! question: where is the chart for assignments on QOTD?
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    this week is crazy for me! I've been spending 12-13 hours at work, and it's taking a toll on me! I hope you are all having a good week, and I'll keep doing my best. Thank goodness Wednesday is done!
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    The water challenge is gettin me.. guess I need to suck more water lol
    I feel I'm older than my real age (27) only because I feel wise! Plus I have more aches n pains than I feel a 27 yr old should have..I dunno
    This yr (which is almost over) I wanted to accomplish a significant weight loss & I think I'm doin a pretty good job of it... id like to get more toned tho! Because I've lost almost 50 lbs I'm a lil squishy n I hate it!
    I tried the flatout bread this week...love it for wraps & I'm gonna try it as pizza too :)
    Hoping for a good loss this week! Hope everyones having a great week!
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options

As for the rest of 2011,

Happy Birthday!! We are birthday twins! I turned 28 today :flowerforyou:
  • barbara1982
    Options

As for the rest of 2011,

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great one!
  • barbara1982
    Options

As for the rest of 2011,

Happy Birthday!! We are birthday twins! I turned 28 today :flowerforyou:

Happy Birthday to you too! Hope you had a great day too!
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Omgosh water is my downfall too! I kept on looking for a week 2 thread and I guess we are still keeping this one! Sorry about the major delay :P My goal for tomorrow is to at least get my 8 in and unfortunately that is a CHALLENGE.
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm 16 an all this crazy ppl keep on saying I'm an adult! I'm 21 but I'm pretty sure my birth certificate is lying. When I became an adult I was supposed to have everything figured out and be very mature. Ummmm....REALITY CHECK.

Accomplishments
    I'm applying for jobs/schools so I really want to get in obviously
    Shallow end - I have this size 26 HOT pink corduroys that I want to fit into
  • o0IrishEyes0o
    o0IrishEyes0o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the birthday wishes! And Happy Birthday Lustris!!

I am retaining water like CRAZY this week... it's got me up 3lbs! Whew!

Has anyone else joined Fitocracy? I just joined. It's like MFP and xBox rolled into one, lol. It has "quests" for workouts where you unlock achievements and earn badges (similar to xBox achievements). If you have joined (or if you join after reading this, lol), message me your username so we can follow each other!

http://www.fitocracy.com/