The Diamond Challenge Round 6 DITR

Options

Replies

• Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    I think I will post a QOTD, because I haven't seen a new one in a bit.

What is the one thing you can do today, that you could not or would not even try last year at this time?

Wear a form fitting dress because of all the lumps that aren't supposed to be there. :happy: Now I'm solid with the right curves. Still have a long way to go, but a heck of a lot better.

I can always get my water in. What I have trouble with is getting my vegetables in. My husband only likes peas. Ugh.
  • Starleng1
    Options
    OK. I think everyone should put up a challenge each day that should take no more than a minute or two. Such as....get an extra glass of water, do 20 squats, or do 20 cruches. Let's see if we can be a little creative. Remember a lot of us are at a desk and probably wearing a dress or have on heels.

I'll start. Give me 10 bicep curls with each arm. just grab something like a staplier or a bottle of water. :wink:
  • Starleng1
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Done.
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    QOTD: What is the one thing you can do today, that you could not or would not even try last year at this time?

I don't mean to jump on the bandwagon, but it's true for me too. This time last year, I would cringe at the thought of running. Now, I can run 3 miles without stopping. :)

10 bicept curls ... done! :happy:

Happy Monday everyone!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Well... last year at this time I had already bought probably 4 bags of Halloween candy and this year I just now bought our candy (the kids and husband have been wanting it). I'm also with you guys on the running thing. I've always drank lots of water so no biggy there. I do have a ton more energy and feel way more adventerous than last year, that's for sure
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Water - check
    Curls - check
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    Thank you ladies for being so patient with me this week! I'm supaaaa busyyyyy, but I think about you all daily! I love the idea of everyone coming up with a mini challenge for us to try, and thank you so much to those who asked the group questions!

Week 2's biggest loser was Kelly_Wilson from the yellow team with a loss of 7 pounds! Wild!
    The Blue Teams biggest loser was Tameko with a loss of 2.4lbs!
    Biggest loser for the pinkies was mrslabreck with a loss of 4.8lbs!

I will post the winning team tomorrow ladies!

Way to go! Keep it up!
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! Well done to the biggest losers especially my team mate :)

I will be MIA tomorrow as I'm having an operation. Keep up the great work everyone :)
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all for the great losses last week!!

Here's a question: what's everyone doing in their normal workouts??

I use 30 day shred & usually walk an hr sometimes jog for 30 mins instead of walk...just curious really cuz I wanna shake up my routine :0)
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Some things I can do now that I couldn't do last yr: tie my shoes with ease, cross my legs just fine, fit into a size 14! Walk forever lol also running... I can jog 2 miles without stopping *b4 I couldn't run 30 seconds without stopping!* shop in regular sizes, fit my wedding bands on my fat finger... just a few :)
  • foxieboxy
    foxieboxy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I like the idea of the mini challenges! My biceps curls are done!

I love that we are listing things we couldn't do a year ago. Sometimes we get to a plateua and start to get discouraged, but by doing this we can see how far we've come!!

Catching up as I've been MIA due to some other obligations, so I apologize if my answers are delayed:

Things I can do today that I couldn't do last year -- the most significant would have to be running/jogging. Like others, I was never a fan of running, but I've been doing it for about 2 months and now I get why people love it. My husband and I are running a 10K trail run in November 5th, and Sunday I actually ran 5 miles in 48 minutes. HUGE for me because quite frankly, a year ago I couldn't run 1/10 of a mile or even 30 seconds straight :)

For my regular work out I run 3 days a week, zumba 1 - 2 times a week, and strenght/circuit/lift 1 - 2 times a week.

Erika
  • Starleng1
    Options
    Here's a question: what's everyone doing in their normal workouts??

I do cardio kickboxing (mon.), Zumba (t&th), body pump (w&f). I also try to squeeze in 3 or 4 days of treadmill running. Weekends it's dvds of whatever I'm in the mood for.

Another quick challenge (ummmm....everyone is supposed to put up a quick challenge daily): 20 hamstring curls. just kick your leg up behind you. alternate legs.

doing mine. :happy:
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Working on the water. 2 cups down.

Did the hamstring curls.

As for normal work out. I have been using my elliptical and intermittenly running. I just bought a new kettlebell that came with a dvd and I also bought a new taebo dvd. I need to spice up my workout too. I am still sore from the kettlebell dvd I did on Sat. Ouch!!! I will do it again today. Wish me luck.

Hope you all have a great day.

I missed the bicep curls yesterday. I will sneak them in today. :flowerforyou:
  • foxieboxy
    foxieboxy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Did the hamstring curls -- my students are looking at me like I'm crazy, but that's not a first -- and won't be a last :)!

Another quick challenge - Calf Raises - raise up on your toes and back down - 20 times.
  • Starleng1
    Options
    That's cute. Erika. It doesn't hurt for the kids to think you're slightly nuts. It'll keep them guessing as to whether they should cross you or not.

calf raises done.:wink:
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm not on as much as I'd like to be. I started my senior classes this week and I'm so bogged down with work it's crazy. Ya'll are doing such a great job!! Keep it up!!
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    What about you ladies? Even if it is as small as tracking the water you are drinking, what are you doing today, that you never thought about last year?

:flowerforyou:

I don't know - I have been trying to lose weight on and off for many years so it's not really like I am somewhere I wasn't last year, except I am really motivated to finish this time. I am also super happy I have been working out as regularly as I have in the past 3 months.
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My primary workout is jogging and walking outdoors. On the days that I can't go out, I'll do 30DS or a workout video. I don't have a set schedule for my exercising. I am looking for a weekly Zumba class to join.

Calf raises - done
    Hamstring curls - done

Here's my daily challenge:

Side Twists: This exercise can be done in your seat while driving or sitting at your desk. This workout focuses on the core and help tone your abs.

Sit upright and begin to tighten your abdominal area while keeping both feet on the ground and facing forward.
    Start by twisting the upper body slightly to the left and then slightly to the right. This motion should be done as slowly as possible while continuing to face forward.

Do this for 60 seconds.
  • Starleng1
    Options
    :smile: Side twists done. That's a good one!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Hmm ok lets see.

Right now my workouts are 3 days of C25K, 2 days of strength training, and I've really fallen off the wagon doing anything beyond that so I need to get back on it.

Do we ALL need to post a challenge today? That's going to be a lot of flailing around at my desk!