MEN!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    when i think i get some from wifey i am mr.mom!

thats not really funny...
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Yep. I cook. I clean. I've driven my daughter and her friends to more soccer matches and softball games than I care to count. Been a chaperone, cook, guide, driver and teacher's helper for so many school dances, excursions and partys than you can imagine. Now all my girls have moved out, married and/or gone to college. I still go to the home soccer games of the girls that Holland used to play with.

I think my wife deserves the real credit however. I moved into HER house 23 years ago. I took over HER kitchen. It took the both of us to coordinate getting three girls to recitals, games, parties and school events.

I always get the credit for the BBQ's, but all I do is prep some meat, keep turning them over coals, while smoking a cigar, having a drink and holding court by the grill, but it is my wife who makes whatever side dish I want for the BBQ. She is doing the real work. Prepping, making sure I have what I need, being a great hostess, rallying the cleanup afterwards.

It takes two.

I may be a star in the movie of my life, but Jan produces, directs and works effortlesssly behind the scenes.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options

Some of you ladies have no sense of humor.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Are there any men in this world that clean a house, make dinner and drive kids around?

There are plenty of men who do grown-up things like this. If yours doesn't you probably just need to get a new set of balls :smile:
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I do all of those things.
    That's why I'm taken :)
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    A real man is willing to do some things they don't like to do in order to make their wives happy. Though, that should be a two way street.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    This is like asking if there are any women out there who work and bring home the bacon.
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    HE CLEANS!!
    when forced

HE COOKS!!!
    for himself (eg. sandwiches)

NO KIDS!!!
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    A real man is willing to do some things they don't like to do in order to make their wives happy. Though, that should be a two way street.
    agreed^^^^^
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Having read some of the responses I have decided to divorce my wife and marry one of the men on this thread instead. You lot sound like angels...
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Having read some of the responses I have decided to divorce my wife and marry one of the men on this thread instead. You lot sound like angels...

Just make sure my sammich is ready when I get home and I am yours. :love:
  • jayb123x
    jayb123x Posts: 138
    Options
    Some combo of all three on a daily basis. I'm sure it's true but hard to believe there are dads/husbands that don't do these things.
    Are there any men in this world that clean a house, make dinner and drive kids around?
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options

Proof this IS a dating site!
  • Laurandy0912
    Laurandy0912 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes there are. I work fulltime and my husband does the majority of the household duties and taking our child to school functions.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Mine does help me do the big clean once a week (I do upstairs he does down - he has NEVER cleaned the bathroom!), and he is actually an amazing cook but uses far too many fattening ingredients.

The only problem with men is that when they do something around the house, they want a medal for doing it or something, whereas us ladies just get on with it. Just saying :)
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

Big_sandwich.JPG

I'm ready for my close up Mr De Mille...

david_hasselhoff_speedo.jpg
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    This is like asking if there are any women out there who work and bring home the bacon.

ummm yeah, actually I do bring home the bacon - literally and figuratively... I smoke my own bacon outside - get great deals from the vendor we purchase from at work! LOL
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I mainly cook chicken and drive my nieces and nephews everywhere. I dont clean though!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

Big_sandwich.JPG

I'm ready for my close up Mr De Mille...

david_hasselhoff_speedo.jpg

You should have known a beer was just expected with the sammich. CrossedArms.gif
  • ThinspiredButterfly
    ThinspiredButterfly Posts: 176 Member
    Options

i thought it was funny :]