MEN!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    You should have known a beer was just expected with the sammich. CrossedArms.gif

ninja-cat_kick.jpg

Get your own damn beer. I'm going out with the girls.

And another thing.

I kissed a girl. And I liked it! Taste of her cherry chapstick...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Are there any men in this world that clean a house, make dinner and drive kids around?
    Stay-at-home Dad here! I do ALL the cooking, cleaning, laundry, yardwork, bills, run errands, homework, and the give the occasional back rub and foot massage. All this and I can still work part time and get my workouts in. Have no idea why some moms make it sound much harder than it seems.
  • Determined1980
    Options
    When you find one that does, and lives in Dallas, tell him to call me. LOL

As for your boyfriend, tell him how you feel and that he better help out or get out!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    You should have known a beer was just expected with the sammich. CrossedArms.gif

ninja-cat_kick.jpg

And another thing.

You ain`t going nowhere and btw...
    iron_my_shirt-p235434670823366598qent_400.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options

The only problem with men is that when they do something around the house, they want a medal for doing it or something, whereas us ladies just get on with it. Just saying :)
    Meh, I do it because it has to be done. I've NEVER complained and don't expect help from my wife since I know she works long, long hours. I think what I do is great and that my daughter gets to see it so she ends up desiring a man like me...........
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Love the responses:

BTW I do work and "bring home the bacon" - He works also
    He just doesnt understand that when I finish work, I go to my second job taking care of 5 kids , 2 dogs and him.

His idea of doing laundry is waher to dryer to basket to wait for me to put it away........ making dinner, half of it ends up on the stove cooked on and left until I clean it up.....

He uses the excuse .... It's my day off......OH BOY....really ...when is my day off then?
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options

ninja-cat_kick.jpg

And another thing.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Loves it!!!

Ok, so I've never dated any men like that and my last boyfriend definitely took advantage of the fact that I hate a messy house and loved being with the kids so I became less of a girlfriend and more of a glorified maid and babysitter to his two girls. [can't imagine WHY that didn't work out?!?!?]
    My Uncle however, helps my Aunt with everything! They have been happily married for over 30years and they're each others best friends. They both clean, both cook, both took care of my cousins growing up. Even when they first had my oldest cousin and my aunt was a stay at home mom and my uncle worked, he'd alternate getting up with the baby at night. He said, "I helped make him too and just because she's home does not mean she wasn't working....she was cleaning, cooking, and taking care of our son; thats work!"
    They do exist!! lol
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    <~~This guy.

No medal please. I believe that the chores around the house are not gender based.

Any man that truly believes that this 'housekeeping' is a woman's job. Is still dragging their knuckles on the ground. Also they disrepsect the woman in their life with the childish notion that it's somehow a woman's place to take care of everything.

Women work too and they need to come home, put their feet up, have their man bring them a drink, a hug, a kiss. Sometimes women need to know their man cares that much to share the responisblities around the house.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Sounds a lot like my ongoing search for a woman who works out and actually looks like she does.
  • GymRatRaceRunner
    GymRatRaceRunner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I do all of those things...
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    You ain`t going nowhere and btw...
    iron_my_shirt-p235434670823366598qent_400.jpg

CdtaS.gif

Get off you *kitten* and get a job and mebbe I might think about it. Ain't nothing going on but the rent baby...
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    Love the responses:

BTW I do work and "bring home the bacon" - He works also
    He just doesnt understand that when I finish work, I go to my second job taking care of 5 kids , 2 dogs and him.

His idea of doing laundry is waher to dryer to basket to wait for me to put it away........ making dinner, half of it ends up on the stove cooked on and left until I clean it up.....

He uses the excuse .... It's my day off......OH BOY....really ...when is my day off then?

This is similar to how things were with us for a very long time. It started when we got married and I wasn't able to find work (and then I was pregnant and had no desire to find work) It seemed like a fair trade that he went to work, and I stayed home and took care of the house and bills, etc...

Once I started working, I was working 6 hour days compared to his 12 hour days, so I still did everything. Once I went back to work full time, and back to school, I wasn't able to keep everything to the standard we had both gotten used to. He complained about the clean laundry that was just sitting in baskets instead of being ironed and put away, and the fact that there were fewer homecooked dinners.

We had a long talk one weekend, and I've noticed more and more often since then that he's been helping out. If he has a day off, I'll come home and the living room will have been cleaned, or I'll notice all the bills on the filing cabinet have been taken care of, etc...

He always made a point of showing me how much he appreciated what I did before, and I have definitely been making a point letting him know I notice what he has been doing and appreciate it.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

CdtaS.gif

Get off you *kitten* and get a job and mebbe I might think about it. Ain't nothing going on but the rent baby...

128661416791420825.jpg
  • beckylou66
    beckylou66 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with it.....actually its great that you do......I get home 2.5 hours after my BF , literally I walk in the door at 6:15, do the days dishes from all the kids, make dinner, throw laundry in run kids here and there , and if I dont pass out I maybe make it to the gym, FRUSTRATED!!

Did the same thing yesterday... and most days! I sat down for the first time about 5 mins after he went to bed!!!! I'm beyond frustrated right now. I do yard work, house work, kids work (they are my kids) and everything else PLUS a very physical full time job! I think It's making me resent (sp?) him more and more each day!!!!!! Good luck to you, If you figure it out let me know!!
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    carl+msf74=good fun:bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    There are men who want a clean house, but I have yet to find one who is prepared to actually contribute to making that happen.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    wait... you mean to tell me there are some?? Mind blown
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    No kids.

I cook dinner, I think 99.9999% of time we eat at home, I cook, not my girl. I like to do it. I clean somewhat, but not as intense as others do. Im a strong believer in the 'its good enough' method of cleaning
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Q) A man is driving and runs into his wife, killing her. whose fault is it?
    A) The man's. He shouldnt have been driving in the kitchen in the first place.

I wrote up this whole long rant asking why you don't just talk it over with the person to resolve it. Re-reading it came off as really harsh so I nixed it.

The main gist was I have a tremendous problem with cleaning, but my fiance talked it over with me and now I'm trying to do better. Is it even? No, she puts in more around the house than I do, but I am trying to help and am working to get better, because she talked to me about it.

I understand venting, but complaining really doesn't help the situation. Be positive and keep in mind all the positive things he or she does do, you know, the things that brought you two together. Solutions are easier when you're positive.

That's enough for now. Get back to work! Those sammiches aren't going to make themselves.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with it.....actually its great that you do......I get home 2.5 hours after my BF , literally I walk in the door at 6:15, do the days dishes from all the kids, make dinner, throw laundry in run kids here and there , and if I dont pass out I maybe make it to the gym, FRUSTRATED!!

Did the same thing yesterday... and most days! I sat down for the first time about 5 mins after he went to bed!!!! I'm beyond frustrated right now. I do yard work, house work, kids work (they are my kids) and everything else PLUS a very physical full time job! I think It's making me resent (sp?) him more and more each day!!!!!! Good luck to you, If you figure it out let me know!!

Have you considered talking to him... crazy idea i know, communicating with your partner, but it might be worth a try!