MEN!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    Are there any men in this world that clean a house, make dinner and drive kids around?
    Deleting.. no reason to voice my bitterness. Must remember to keep bottled up.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Are there any men in this world that clean a house, make dinner and drive kids around?
    I was the one who cooked. I was the one who cleaned. I was the one who took our daughter to girl scouts, gymnastics, soccer, camp, school, preschool, day-care.

i was also the one who filed for divorce and she got custody.
    ugh...really?
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    For all those asking if I communicate...crazy idea.....Please....I talk more than an autioneer....I communicate.....he doesnt! = me frustrated!! needing to vent.....
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Yes, Yes and Yes...
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options

yes, but they vaginas and periods and they're called wives.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    I was the one who cooked. I was the one who cleaned. I was the one who took our daughter to girl scouts, gymnastics, soccer, camp, school, preschool, day-care.

ugh. you must live in texas or some other southern state...
  • flasportsfan
    flasportsfan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    <~~This guy.

No medal please. I believe that the chores around the house are not gender based.

Any man that truly believes that this 'housekeeping' is a woman's job. Is still dragging their knuckles on the ground. Also they disrepsect the woman in their life with the childish notion that it's somehow a woman's place to take care of everything.

Women work too and they need to come home, put their feet up, have their man bring them a drink, a hug, a kiss. Sometimes women need to know their man cares that much to share the responisblities around the house.

Can I marry you now, my Zebra Head????
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Cecy - My wife says there is room for one more (right after she gets rid of me :laugh: )
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options

ugh. you must live in texas or some other southern state...

Smart post there. :huh:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    128661416791420825.jpg

Children:

2354231.jpg

Mummy's about to whup Daddy's *kitten*...
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    It does seem impossible to find good men these days!

Seems a lot of them think it's the womans duty to do everything.

My father wasn't perfect but the man worked everyday then came home cooked us a hot dinner and helped clean up the house. Even when my mom wasn't working he would still do these things and he still does to this day.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I RAISED my two oldest sons mostly on my own. I dropped them off and picked them up from school. I got up at 4:30am and slept in the back of my SUV while my son went to swim practice. I drove each and every one of my kids (and step kids) to school before going to work.

So yes there are MEN REAL MEN out there. Problem is some women go for the losers because they look better on the the outside than they actually are on the inside!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Love the responses:

BTW I do work and "bring home the bacon" - He works also
    He just doesnt understand that when I finish work, I go to my second job taking care of 5 kids , 2 dogs and him.

His idea of doing laundry is waher to dryer to basket to wait for me to put it away........ making dinner, half of it ends up on the stove cooked on and left until I clean it up.....

He uses the excuse .... It's my day off......OH BOY....really ...when is my day off then?
    I am going against my exclamation points in a thread title rule here..... Talk to him about it. More. Keep talking about it until you get a working solution.

I don't like to fold laundry. But I don't mind doing laundry. My wife is great a folding laundry and doesn't mind doing it. So that's how we share the work. I do the laundry, she folds it. We generally go by the "you cook, I clean" rule, so the person that cooks doesn't have to also clean up. I carpool M/W/F mornings, she carpools some afternoons (other family does other shifts). For whatever reason, wife hates cleaning the coffee maker. I don't mind it. She doesn't like taking out the trash. Doesn't bother me.

See a pattern? Talk to him. Approach it as working together on a solution, not "you aren't doing this!" and see if that helps. Use logic: this stuff has to get done, we both live here, we should split what needs to be done. There are probably things that he wouldn't mind doing. In fact, make up a list of all the chores that need to be done around the house, including driving, etc. Everything that requires time and effort. Show him the list, ask that you share it. Invite him to pick items off the list that he is willing to do. Have him commit to them.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I don't like to clean. I have a cleaning lady.
  • legmotor
    legmotor Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Being a single guy, if I didn't clean and cook it wouldn't get done. I don't have any littles to run after but if I did I'd be sharing those duties too. A partnership is a partnership, two people with children should be sharing duties anyway.
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Drive the kids? Heck that is why I let them get their licences the first chance they could...Now the kids drive me around :-)
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    My husband... except the driving part... we have one car and I use it to get to work. He does have a bike trailer to haul the kiddo around in though.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    For all those asking if I communicate...crazy idea.....Please....I talk more than an autioneer....I communicate.....he doesnt! = me frustrated!! needing to vent.....

As I said, that's a relationship issue more than a cleaning issue then. Sorry you're having a rough go of it.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options

Let's see clean a house: I pressure wash it twice a year along with the fence. I mow grass, trim sidewalks, edge, work in flower gardens, and keep the garage clean....

Make Dinner: We all usually eat out at dinner, we know what restaurant has what special on certain nights.

Drive Kids: I take my 7yo to school every morning along with two grand daughters 8yo and 6yo...

My wife: She is a stay at home mom and does all clothes and most inside works and picks same kids up from school..

So yes guys do some work, LOL!!!!
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    <
    Is one. We both work so we both do just about everything else too. Aftr baby 3 she'll be home and I might not be doing as much around the house.