Everyday I'm Shreddin it! 30DS 10/11/11

Options

Replies

• vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am still doing girly 'Anita' push ups, I can only manage one 'Natalie' one before I fall flat on my face.

Anybody else the same or are most of you doing it proper ?
  • Skyrocket123
    Skyrocket123 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    No I am doing Anita pushups too!
    No way could I do Nathalie ones!
    Today my knee was killing me after I did it 'properly' yesterday so I did the side steps etc although I managed the jump rope.
    I didn't sweat as much today so now I am worrying that I'm not doing enough to tone my bum, legs and thighs!
    Starting to see some changes though so thats good! :)
    Big weigh in and measure for me tomorrow.
    Anyway that's Day 7 Lev 1 done today albeit with a support bandage on my knee (glamorous!)
  • elizabethdear95
    Options
    I just finished day 7 level 1 but I still weigh the same as when I started. 199.0. But I've lost 2 inches off of my waist. What gives?
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not doing this session (I'm seeing this a week too late), but I do want to ask: how do you do it?

No, really.

HOW DO YOU DO IT?!

I've tried and stopped this program three separate times. I just don't have the strength. I've heard very good things about the program. But when it comes to doing the leg stuff, I about keel over. Do I just do modified exercises until I can do them?

I'm frustrated because I see people here who weigh more than I do (I'm at 172 5'5") doing it! I want to be like that! I'm not completely out of shape (I'm training for a 10k), but things like squats just KILL me.

Thanks for your feedback. And thanks for letting me threadjack!

I completely understand. When I started this program i was at 168 (and i'm 5'6") All you can do is push through it. the first 5 days are KILLER. But if you can get through the first 5 days then you can get through all 30 of them. this is what i kept telling myself:

- its only 20 minutes of my day
    -after 30 days ill look and feel AWESOME
    -I know the workout is ACTUALLY working because i can feel it.

I've already lost 8 pounds doing this workout ( its only been 15 days) and its the only workout that i do. I dont want to stress about getting multiple workouts in, i know that 30DS is a perfectly acceptable workout so its the only one i do.

Now with modifying the leg movements, don't use any weights or use really light ones. Just pretend like you are still using weights and still move your arms but have tight fists instead. It will make things like the squats and lunges a lot easier. (but not too easy!)

I did a similar workout to 30DS and didnt use any weights for that workout and got perfectly good results. :)

This is perfect, couldn't have said it better myself :)
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    finished D7 L1 last night. And I'm doing Anita push ups too. In fact I'm doing almost Anita everything. Anita and I have a special bond. :) Natalie can wipe that big grin off her face and kiss my outta shape fanny. :bigsmile:
  • Faery7
    Options
    You know what I realized this morning reading the posts.... how lucky are we that we have such a great group of girls in this challenge. I mean seriously. This is the first time I tried to organize something like this and honestly, I didn't think I'd ever find this many girls as committed as I was to doing this and girls that were honestly where I am with my goals - COMMITTED! You all are amazing, and so supportive, and I LOVE IT!!! Thank you guys so much for joining this group and staying committed :) !!!!!
  • Faery7
    Options
    finished D7 L1 last night. And I'm doing Anita push ups too. In fact I'm doing almost Anita everything. Anita and I have a special bond. :) Natalie can wipe that big grin off her face and kiss my outta shape fanny. :bigsmile:

Oh just wait until level 2 and level 3, you start to see that Anita's "big grin" is fake... she is hurting in levels 2 and 3 and I know it sounds evil, but it kinda makes me feel good. LOL
  • ninkdole
    Options

Oh just wait until level 2 and level 3, you start to see that Anita's "big grin" is fake... she is hurting in levels 2 and 3 and I know it sounds evil, but it kinda makes me feel good. LOL

Ha, ha. Awesome! Two things came to mind when I read this.

1.) I can't wait to see Natalie suffering along with us.

2.) If Natalie is suffering, I am going to be so totally screwed.:noway: But, all I can do is my best, and that's what I'll do. :tongue:
  • dianer75935
    dianer75935 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    well I am a week late but did level 1 day 1 last night finally!!!

measurements

bust 45 1/2
    waist 46
    hips 57
    calf 18
    thighs 31
    arms 15 1/2
  • mallie233
    Options
    I get so angry now when Jillian says, "When it starts to get uncomfortable, those are the ones that count the most" It's like she's taunting me. Whenever she says that I just feel like stopping because, math. They all count! It's crap!

People talked about cussing her. I didn't get it at first. I did Day 1 and Day 2 and was like, yea this is hard, but she's kind of inspirational. Now I just want her to shut up!! Lemme do my thing.

The only thing that hasn't gotten to me yet is right at the end with the jump rope when she says "I want you floating off the ground" That kind of makes me kick it up a notch. I want to float!!

I'm sure i'm probably just annoyed because I hear it every-single-day. I even know exactly when it's coming now!

By the way. If you feel like you can't do it and just want to take breaks and "phone it in" (so to speak!) Um. Do it shirtless. In front of a mirror. Then you see exactly why you need to keep going. That pushes me so much harder.
  • gail16
    gail16 Posts: 94
    Options
    No thank you. Its because of this group that I am so committed to finishing this! :o)
  • Faery7
    Options

By the way. If you feel like you can't do it and just want to take breaks and "phone it in" (so to speak!) Um. Do it shirtless. In front of a mirror. Then you see exactly why you need to keep going. That pushes me so much harder.

This!!!! At the end of my 1st round of 30DS last month I had to go to Houston for work and did my workout in my hotel room. There was a mirror right in front of the only space big enough to do it and I was like OMG that's what I look like when I work out!?!?!?! Really motivated me to keep on going so I can look good when I do this eventually!
  • dmtaylor827
    Options
    L1D5 complete. I am 2 days behind the group so I'm going to try and double up on D6/D7, tonight and tomorrow. You are all the best motivation a girl could as for. Thanks for being you.

-Devan
  • ninkdole
    Options
    You know what I realized this morning reading the posts.... how lucky are we that we have such a great group of girls in this challenge. I mean seriously. This is the first time I tried to organize something like this and honestly, I didn't think I'd ever find this many girls as committed as I was to doing this and girls that were honestly where I am with my goals - COMMITTED! You all are amazing, and so supportive, and I LOVE IT!!! Thank you guys so much for joining this group and staying committed :) !!!!!

There's a lot of us who find it easier to be committed when our fearless leader is committed as well. So, thank YOU for keeping this going and for all your encouraging words. You rock!
  • moffee01
    Options
    L1 D8 done. Warning TMI coming lol

So my hubby shredded with me again this morning. I looked over during jumping jacks and noticed he was a little bouncy in the shorts area :bigsmile: I was teasing him saying he was going to need an athletic supporter. So he responds to that by dropping his pants :blushing: We laughed so hard. So the next set of jacks I decided 2 can play that game and I lifted my sports bra!! It was alot of silly fun. The video was over so quick today. Hope everyone has a great shred today!!

Kelly

Oh and Im down 1.2 at today weigh in :glasses:
  • Faery7
    Options

So my hubby shredded with me again this morning. I looked over during jumping jacks and noticed he was a little bouncy in the shorts area :bigsmile: I was teasing him saying he was going to need an athletic supporter. So he responds to that by dropping his pants :blushing: We laughed so hard. So the next set of jacks I decided 2 can play that game and I lifted my sports bra!! It was alot of silly fun. The video was over so quick today. Hope everyone has a great shred today!!

Kelly

LOL that's hilarious. Glad you're having fun with it. That only can make it better!!!! Congrats on the 1.2 too!! Awesome! :)
  • kutechick
    kutechick Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    L1 D8 - DONE!!!!

OMGosh! I did the side lunges this morning no problem!
  • Anderia
    Anderia Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. I forgot to post yesterday. I did do the work out yesterday and today. Sooooooooooooooooooo D7&8L1 Done!
    I've lost 3lbs also! I'm so excited!!!
  • Anderia
    Options

Kelly

LOL that's hilarious. Glad you're having fun with it. That only can make it better!!!! Congrats on the 1.2 too!! Awesome! :)

LMAO! Too funny!
  • Anderia
    Options
    Hello ladies. I forgot to post yesterday. I did do the work out yesterday and today. Sooooooooooooooooooo D7&8L1 Done!
    I've lost 3lbs also! I'm so excited!!!

I seriously have my days all mixed up. Today is D9L1. I forgot I started on Monday and not Tuesday.