New 30 day shred group!!! ALL WELCOME!!! :o)

Options

Replies

• melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group as well. I have struggled in the last few months and I think this should get me back on track.
    Are you just planning on doing 30DS or will you be adding cardio as well?
    Are we taking measurements? and weight?

Hi there!! :flowerforyou:

WELCOME!!

I will be logging my weight and measurements on day 1 - 17th October.
    I will also be putting down my exercise plan.
    This is to make me be accountable to daily exercise. I love the shred and since I have done 3 non stop 30 days already I KNOW I can fit this in no matter what.
    SO that is perfect for me to commit to.
    I will also be running 3 times a week and doing 5 ab/arm workouts as well as these are areas I need to pay attention to.

Everyone is free to add extra cardio or other exercises to their weekly plans if they feel they would like to, just list that in your first post, on the 17th oct.
    I will also be following a sensible eating plan and keeping under my MFP daily allowance to hopefully give me a great plan for 30 days, I hope I will lose a couple of inches and swap some fat for muscle but I doubt I will lose actual weight.
    For me it's about toning up and swapping fat for muscle as I'm already a low weight.

We all need to tailor this to our own personal needs so if you would like to add extra cardio weekly then please do.
    If the shred daily is enough then stop at that and we will support each person the way they need it, it's all about being accountable for our goals, we can be flexible to each persons needs. With one common goal... 30DS!!!! :flowerforyou:

I will write a new topic page on sunday16th / monday 17th for us all to check into and log our goals for that month, if we wish to add our weight and measurements then we can and if not no worries.
    I willl be but some may like to keep it simple.
    Each to their own, whatever whatever we will shred together!! :drinker:
  • melgibson
    Options
    Ok, count me in. I started the shred once and quit after a couple of days. I just couldn't do it! I couldn't make it through the jumping jacks, the crunches, the push-ups, nothing. Anyway, I started C25K (will start week 4 on Friday) and attempted the shred again the other day and could actually keep up with them on the cardio! That was two days ago, I haven't touched it since. I SO need someone pushing me to keep going.

Well you have come to the right place!!

I have completed the C25K!!

It is awesome and the very plan that got me running again after years out of it, I will support you with both the running and the shred.

I have done the shred non stop for 30 days 3 times!!

I know you can do this.. the jumping jack is the hardest part so now your doing that you CAN DO THIS!!!

Welcome on board, we will be wicked!! See you monday!!

BTW I will be combining the shred with 3 runs per week and 5 ab/arm workouts so we will be doing a very similar plan!!

LETS DO IT!!!
  • melgibson
    Options
    Count me in :) DVD ordered and I already have some weights etc so should be good to go by the 17th!

YAY!!! Great to have you with us! Love your picture btw!!!

See you monday!!
  • melgibson
    Options
    Hey All :) Count me in please. I just started on 10/11/11

Whooop!!! Great to have you with us!!!

I guess you'll be doing some extra days!! This is excellent, well done you xx
  • melgibson
    Options
    I'm in! Started already-day #4. Did my measurements. I love that I get a good workout in 20mins. Sometimes I get on the treadmill afterward, just because!

I like to get on my bike for 15-20 min after for a little extra :)

I think the shred plus extra cardio is a fab combo!! Well done ladies :flowerforyou:
  • melgibson
    Options
    New to MFP, but would love to join in. I need to start somewhere, and this can be it.

Tabitha

You have come to the right place!!!

Have you got your copy of the DVD?

We are starting on monday 17th October, let me know if you need any detail, I will help all I can :tongue:
  • melgibson
    Options
    Count me in! Just finished P90X Lean and looking for something new....

Can't wait to get started!! I guess this will be easy after the P90X!!!

Fair play for completing it!! :happy:
  • melgibson
    Options
    So yesterday I did my second day of 30DS and it was horrible how sore I felt! I decided to give myself a break from it today and I'm planning on going to the gym to do the elliptical for a while instead. I will probably still do some abs and push ups. I'm so psyched about my results so far though! I already see a bit of abs peaking out from my tummy :bigsmile: Sooo happy to finally be getting back into shape!

I think after I'm done with the first 10 days of 30DS, I am going to reward myself with a new dress!!! :drinker: I've been meaning to go to Charlotte Russe for a long time and I have a 10% off coupon now! :heart: Nothing like a nice reward after working hard!

What about you guys? What do you reward yourself with??

I love this... And yes your so right, we should all reward ourselves with a new thing... NOT FOOD RELATED!!!

I have seen some super cool black shorts with sparkly bits, I would love to wear them NYE if my legs are good enough!!!
    I might well try them on after a week of shredding!!
    This could be my reward and thing to work towards!!

Thanks for logging in and updating us, great to see your still at it!!
  • melgibson
    Options
    Count me in too please!!! I am going to start it on 17th.. I started it summer but couldn't complete it ...please I need some support and motivation from everybody:smile:

Height : 5 '0
    Current wt: 164lbs
    Goal wt 130lb

9710710.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Your in!!! Welcome to our group!!

We are a massive group, you will have all the support you need here... This time you WILL COMPLETE!!! :flowerforyou:
  • melgibson
    Options
    Hi Guys,

What an excellent group of Shredders!!! Im going to jump on in with you all. Today was my second day so I am a couple of days early but would love to jump in on all the group support.

I have 3 events (Racing Carnival, Dance Recital and Black Tie Gala ball) All within the next 30 days. Whilst I won't be finished and entirely "Shredded" before going to them all I am positive that all the exercise and endorphins will make sure I feel fantastic at all of them.

Good luck to all, and thanks Mel for getting this group going. Its fantastic!!

Kylie

What a great load of occasions to work towards, always good to have dates to work towards!!
    I love your wedding dress by the way, you look stunning :flowerforyou:

I can't wait to see your progress with the shred, we are going to to awesome as there are sooo many of us, we simply can't fail!!!
    Thanks for signing up!!!

LETS DO IT!!!
  • melgibson
    Options
    just finished my 30 day shred and also some days im doing jillians 6week 6pack abs its working me very hard but im motivated after seeing so many before and after pics . cant wait til im ready to show mine. lets get shredded ladies! welcome everyone

So a second round of shred for you then my dear... Girl after my own heart!! Fair play!!! :love:

I can't wait to see your pictures too!! I hope you will post some here!!

The 6wk6pk is tough I have done about 3 weeks of it then had some stuff get in the way and dropped out, but WILL get back to it, maybe after this challenge before christmas!!

Thanks for being with us on this, love to have some ladies who have already completed the challenge xx
  • melgibson
    Options
    Please cont me in...I haven't used the 30 day shred yet, but it looks like alot of people on MFP use it. Is there more than one version? I'm going to have to purchase the DVD! Thanks, looking forward to it!

There is onnly one DVD called 30 day shred, been released several times and has some different covers but I believe the content is the same whatever one you buy..
    I hope you will have your copy for monday, we start on the 17th of october, if your a little late don;'t worry there are some who won;t get their copy til late and I will continue with those who run over so we are still doing it together, I can do it for 40 days if need be!!

Thanks for signing up with me :flowerforyou:
  • melgibson
    Options
    Hi, Im also starting as soon as my DVD arrives. I have one question though, how do I log calories into the diary??

Hi there!!

Thanks for joining us!!

I have written my own exercise for the shred, 30DS, then can just tick and add it daily.
    I used circuit training to calculate my calories burned, that seems to be what most log it as.
    I have a HRM and it worked out near enough perfectly so I think that is a safe amount to estimate.

Any questions just let us know :flowerforyou:
  • melgibson
    Options
    :smile: :love: :smile: :love: :smile: :love: :smile: :love: :smile: :love: :smile: :love: :love: :smile: :love: :smile: :love: :smile: :love: :smile: :love: :smile: :love:

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!

WHAT A FABULOUSLY FANTASTIC GROUP OF SHREDDERS WE ARE!!!

I'M BLOWN AWAY BY HOW MANY PEOPLE WE NOW HAVE ON BOARD... I WOULD LIKE TO PERSONALLY THANK AND WELCOME EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU!!!

I'M SO HAPPY TO HAVE SUCH A GREAT GROUP TO SHRED WITH, I'M CERTAIN WE WILL DO A FAB JOB AT SUPPORTING MOTIVATING AND HELPING EACH OTHER THROUGH THE MONTH LONG CHALLENGE.

WE START ON MONDAY 17TH OCTOBER!!!

SOME OF US HAVE ALREADY STARTED.
    SOME OF US ARE WAITING FOR OUR DVD'S TO ARRIVE AND MAY START LATE.

I WILL PROMISE TO KEEP GOING UNTIL THE LAST PERSON HAS DONE THEIR 30 DAYS NON STOP!!!

ON MONDAY I WILL HAVE OUR NEW TOPIC PAGE READY AND WE CAN ALL LOG IN AND PUT DOWN OUR GOALS FOR THE CHALLENGE... SOME OF US MAY WISH TO ADD EXTRA EXERCISE. WE MAY LIKE TO TAKE BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES AND POST THEM. WE ALSO MAY LIKE TO ADD OUR CURRENT WEIGHT AND MEASUREMENTS FOR THE RECORD SO WE HAVE IT WRITTEN DOWN AND WITNESSED BY ALL!!

I WILL RECORD AND POST MY WEIGHT AND MEASUREMENTS HERE. I MAY TAKE PICTURES TOO, IF I CAN WORK OUT HOW TO POST THEM ON THE TOPIC PAGE!!!

EVERYONE IS FREE TO DECIDE HOW TO DO THIS, YOU DON;T HAVE TO LOG WEIGHT OR MEASUREMENTS, JUST KEEP IT SIMPLE IF YOU WANT TO, AS LONG AS WE ALL SHRED FOR 30 DAYS NON STOP WE ARE IN!!!

I WILL BE RUNNING AND DOING ADDITIONAL WORKOUTS TO TARGET THE AREAS I NEED TO IMPROVE ON SO THIS WILL BE LISTED ON THE 17TH AND I HOPE YOU WILL ALL KEEP ME ACCOUNTABLE. I NEED TO DO THIS!!!

ANYONE NEW WANTING TO SIGN UP PLEASE DO, YOU HAVE A COUPLE MORE DAYS YET!!!

IM SO EXCITED TO SEE US ALL HERE AND READY TO SHRED.. THIS WILL BE AN AMAZING MONTH!!!

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR JOINING ME!!!! :flowerforyou:

GOOD LUCK TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU

ALL THE BEST MEL XXXX

:smile: :love: :smile: :love: :smile: :love: :smile: :love: :smile: :love: :smile: :love: :love: :smile: :love: :smile: :love: :smile: :love: :smile: :love: :smile: :love:
  • IzzieLee
    IzzieLee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join this group. Am just getting back to exercise and running after battling an injury for nine months. Been a long haul and I'm back to square one so any motiviation and support will be welcome!!
  • melgibson
    Options
    I'd love to join this group. Am just getting back to exercise and running after battling an injury for nine months. Been a long haul and I'm back to square one so any motiviation and support will be welcome!!

YOUR IN!!!

Thanks for signing up, this is a massive group and you'll do fab with us, welcome to our group xxx :drinker:
  • cralder58
    Options
    Hi, my husband and I would like to join in. What do we need to do? Carla and Mike
  • cralder58
    Options
    What video do we need to get? Do we track our calories and weight loss somehow?
  • melgibson
    Options
    Hi, my husband and I would like to join in. What do we need to do? Carla and Mike

Welcome!!

You will need to buy your copy of the 30 day shred DVD, you can get this cheaply on the internet.
    you will also need hand weights and a mat if you exercise on a hard floor.
    This is all you will need.

You can follow your MFP guide for food allowances and log in daily, keeping under these calories should be suitable for use with the shred DVD, it's an excellent plan and I hope you will both join us!! We are a massive support group and you shall do very well here if you stick with us!! :flowerforyou:
  • melgibson
    Options
    What video do we need to get? Do we track our calories and weight loss somehow?

Buy a copy of '' JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED DVD''

You'll also need hand weights and a mat if your exercise area is not carpeted.

This is all you will need for this challenge.

You can set up daily allowance here at my fitness pal and chart your foods and drinks daily, this is perfect for tracking your calories and monitoring your progress.
    Many of us will be logging our start weight and measurements of day 1 - 17th of October but this is optional.
    As long as you do the 30 day shred dvd for 30 days you can join us!!

I hope you will :flowerforyou: