Ripped in 30 in November-Does anyone want to join me?

Replies

• earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    I can't do the scoop thing w
    Even with my head down, any suggestions? I had a emergency c section at 25 weeks preggo, and they cut vertical, and my ab is SUPER WEAK. I would love ideas. Day 2 done.

I would maybe do other ab strengthening exercises like crunches or even just holding plank (I know, I know, no fun!), just to get your strength up there.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Oh my goodness, I just did Ripped in 30 for the second time today, haha. I normally would only do it once, but just for fun did it with my husband this evening - so got it in once before school and now once tonight. I think I'll still count it as only day 3 even though I've now done it 4 times :) I'm feeling pretty proud of myself :)
  • shellbell1993
    shellbell1993 Posts: 316 Member
    Oh my goodness, I just did Ripped in 30 for the second time today, haha. I normally would only do it once, but just for fun did it with my husband this evening - so got it in once before school and now once tonight. I think I'll still count it as only day 3 even though I've now done it 4 times :) I'm feeling pretty proud of myself :)
    Wow I am impressed!! Great work
  • shellbell1993
    Ok I completed D1 for me. OMG, that was killer. The running man was really hard cuz of the exercises around it. But the second round of ab work was better than the first for me. I also felt a sense of wanting to throw up during the cool down but once finished and I drank some water and sat down I was fine.

I'm trying to see if my HRM is working right. It says I burned 166 cal. in the 35 min workout. That's counting from start of warm up to cool down. But when I use my online calculator it says I burned 404 cal. They can't possibly be that far off can they. Any ideas?

I use a HRM and I burn 165-170 cals for the 34 mins (I am 5'3 and 111lbs right now) What type of HRM do you use?
  • azachery
    azachery Posts: 45 Member
    Just finished W1D2! This was excellent! I'm so pumped and determined to get through the entire series this time! Thanks to you all for sharing and inspiring.
  • Thanks for the responses. I guess I'm going to just have to see what my calorie burn is for the rest of the week and make sure it's not my HRM. I've been using the calculator for my other workouts so I'm guessing they were probably off which makes a big difference when you're counting calories.

I use an Oregon HRM. I checked it during my workout to make sure it was still receiving. My HR stayed above 170 and sometimes up to 180 during the actual workout. I'm 5'3" and 171lbs and my calorie burn was 166. I only missed a few reps here and there but my HR didn't really drop before I got started again.
  • jt3n1
    jt3n1 Posts: 16 Member
    Just finished W1D3, and it was tough, but not as bad as D2. I was sore all day long, but I stretched real good before I started and when I got going with today's workout the soreness was bearable. I can feel strength coming to my thighs, so I can hardly wait for this weight to drop off of me!! Still going strong!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Week 1 Day 2 Done!
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    I just did my first session. WOW. That's probably the hardest workout I've done in a LONG time!!!! I found the exercises more challenging/interesting that 30DS (which I also love). So I'm totally joining in with you guys!!!!
    What did you find the hardest exercise? The side ab..thingies..woah..!!
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Completed w1d3-342 cal burned
    Also did day 6 of kb&t-406 cal burned

As far as my diet...well it's crap. I don't practice good willpower and and most the time I just don't care. Its something I'm working on. I probably would of reached my goal by now if i practiced better eating, but Im kinda taking it slowly.

I am exactly the same, well infact i exercise great control in the day time, very healthy but then at night well.........
  • justle
    I can't do the scoop thing w
    Even with my head down, any suggestions? I had a emergency c section at 25 weeks preggo, and they cut vertical, and my ab is SUPER WEAK. I would love ideas. Day 2 done.

I would maybe do other ab strengthening exercises like crunches or even just holding plank (I know, I know, no fun!), just to get your strength up there.

agreed, if you've had a c-section and especially if you've had a vertical cut your gonna have more work cut out for you because your stomach muscles are probably seperated (diastasis recti) I had this after my first pregnancy and had to work at getting them back together, lots of low impact ab work.

now i have no problems doing the ab work on jillians workouts - on ripped i even do the advanced version of that last move. Maybe its something you can chat with your dr about, they'll be able to advise you if you are suffering diastasis recti.
  • justle
    day 3 done for me, worked harder today, funny i seem to workout harder when i'm ill!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Week 1/Day 3 done!... Finally not too sore today after changing up my workout routine since Sunday!
  • GertiLee
    GertiLee Posts: 29 Member
    Day 3 done and I was able to do the side plank!! Usually when Jillian says don't let your side touch the ground, I'm thinking I can't even get it off the ground! Small victory!
  • W1 D3 done early this morning, while waiting in for a delivery
    managed to do 14 'proper' push-ups, and I upped my weights, from 2.5kg (each weight), to 5kg (each weight), but still burnt the same amount of cals
  • shellbell1993
    Day 3 done and I was able to do the side plank!! Usually when Jillian says don't let your side touch the ground, I'm thinking I can't even get it off the ground! Small victory!
    Whoo hooo
  • megansmayhem
    megansmayhem Posts: 12 Member
    I just started her 30 day shred last night, Nov. 2nd! So I am with you!
  • myskinnyjourney
    myskinnyjourney Posts: 50 Member
    just completed week1 day 4....
  • So sore today, not looking forward to my workout later. Hope it goes well.
  • Ifly4free
    Ifly4free Posts: 203 Member
    Day 3/ week 1 completed..it's getting easier!

Tracy