Ripped in 30 in November-Does anyone want to join me?

Options

Replies

• milele_transfome
    milele_transfome Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Last night I watched week 1 the whole way through and thought "that looks like cake, I could do it with one hand."

Today I did it.

First off, I can't do a single standard push-up. Also, apparently I can't do 30 seconds of modified push-ups. At the end I felt it, every second of it, this is no cake, more like brussel sprouts with a side of broccoli (ok now I'm making myself hungry). Definitely felt the sweat, felt the burn, and though I did NOT like it AT ALL, I will stick it out for the 4 weeks. Considering repeating week 1 depending on whether or not I'm able to actually finish this week's workout with any amount of skill or ease.
  • sherrisloan
    sherrisloan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I think my main challenge for the day is getting everyone added from both of the challenges i'm doing!!! May take all night. :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:
  • ddboone
    Options
    So glad to have found this thread! I was supposed to start last week but it didn't happen.

Week1/Day 1 done!
  • katemcconnal
    Options
    week 1 day 2 done. my arms hurt a bit today haha. i think i need to push myself a bit harder during the cardio especially. went for a walk and done day 12 of the shred before ripped this morning and starting killer buns an thighs tonight! gonna be sore tomorrow.
  • GertiLee
    GertiLee Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 1 done. Well except for the planks. My arms abandoned me in the middle of them.
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Literally just finished W1/D2...my arms feel like jello!!

It was so much easier yesterday!! Yucky. I totally phoned it in on the first circuit too...which never makes me feel good. Tomorrow I shall work extra hard.
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 1 done. Well except for the planks. My arms abandoned me in the middle of them.

Me too!! I did about 10 seconds before my arms started to give out and I almost hit my head on the wall.

Does anyone like the obleque (side plank) exercise? It's my LEAST favorite.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    First off, I can't do a single standard push-up. Also, apparently I can't do 30 seconds of modified push-ups. At the end I felt it, every second of it, this is no cake, more like brussel sprouts with a side of broccoli (ok now I'm making myself hungry). Definitely felt the sweat, felt the burn, and though I did NOT like it AT ALL, I will stick it out for the 4 weeks. Considering repeating week 1 depending on whether or not I'm able to actually finish this week's workout with any amount of skill or ease.

I was the same when i did this program in August- but your strength will grow! I just revisited week 1 for the first time in a while and I did full push ups for both 30 sec segments! and the plank is easy. Stick with it- it works!!
  • millylucille
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2 completed! :smile:
  • jennileeb1680
    jennileeb1680 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 1 COMPLETE. It was tough and my legs are shaking
    I am very motivated to finish this program. I've never finished any program before but im
    Determined this time
  • sherrisloan
    sherrisloan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    completed w1d1. Tuff but not as bad as the first time I did it.
  • azachery
    azachery Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just finished w1d1! I am excited!
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Okay done, not as bad as I thought, but I was a little lenient on lunges, I can't seem to get form right. I was at chiro today, and he saidvthat is why my back is bothering me, and to take it easy, but I don't know why I can't get form right.
  • mlwood428
    mlwood428 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Week 1, Day 1 done! It wasn't too too bad, I'm glad I'm in ok shape.

Compared to 30 Day Shred, I like how you only do each workout for 7 days as opposed to ten! I also like how for the cardio it's 3 exercises for 2 sets of 30 secs instead of 2 exercises for 2 sets of 45 secs.

Looking forward to doing it again tomorrow!
  • katyclev
    katyclev Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 1 COMPLETE!!!

My legs shook and I was very sweaty! But I'm excited to keep it up!!
  • Leanne_3
    Leanne_3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 3 complete, I'm loving it so far!
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    How is everyone's schedule looking for this? I'm trying to figure it out. Jillian says 1-2 rest days a week, but there are 4 levels. 4 levels at 7 days each is 28 days, if we add 1 rest day that brings us to 32 days. If we do each level for 10 days then that is looking more like over a month. I'm probably making this more complicated than it should be, haha.

I think I'm going to do each level for 7 days, maybe take rest days maybe not, it will just depend how I feel. If I do a rest day it will likely be Saturdays.

I ordered the Buns and Thighs dvd last night, that will be my workout when I complete Ripped :)

I plateaued last winter, all through November-February, I'm hoping Jillian will bust my *kitten* through these months this years, I want to hit ONEderland by January!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 1 Done! I noticed that there are a couple of exercises from No More Trouble Zones so that was nice. I was totally shaking with the planks & the ab move after that (forgot the name). Im hoping that by the end of this challenge, I will be able to do 30 secs of regular push-ups & that side plank (my least fav as of now)

Kerseygeek~Hope your knee feels better!

Birdie0209~How is the Killer Buns & Thighs DVD?

FittobeFab~Doing real push-ups is one of my goals as well. I can do about 3 then I have to finish with the knee version. Oh, I see we have something in common; I don’t care for the side plank either

Mlwood428~I totally agree with you about 30 Day Shred ST vs Ripped in 30 ST. I was so happy that I only had to do the exercises for 30 secs. Those 15 secs really do make a difference

Earthsember~I was trying to figure out my schedule as well. The title is Ripped in 30 so I thought we are suppose to complete 30 days of the program. However, the DVD also says 4 weeks 4 Incredible Workouts. So, that would only be 20-24 days??? Im sooo confused. So, my plan as of now is to do RI30 5 days a week, which means it will take me 6 weeks to finish (depending on how my week is going, I might do 6 days a week). I will complete 2 levels for 7 days and the other 2 for 8 days (haven’t decided which levels…if Im struggling with a level, I’ll just do that level for 8 days)
  • katyclev
    katyclev Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The way that I plan to do it is for 4 weeks. each "week" from Tuesday-Monday. Have my rest days on Thursday and Sunday. Until I am done all 4 of them.
  • jt3n1
    jt3n1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 2 complete! Yesterday I only did like 20 min, but today I was determined to finish. It took me about 52 min to finish it, but I stuck it out!