Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    And this is where I say: poop.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    FFS Why didn't the mods/admins think of this?! Clearly, "yelling" at us like the naughty school-children that we are is going to solve all the problems. Definitely not treating us like adults...

We all know several friends who've been grounded. Spanking us will help for sure. Maybe someone could try that now. Just a thought...
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I heard someone was asking for prayers for a cat too, crazy!!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Prayers for boobies?!

You didnt see the epicness of those two threads last night?! :O

Dang! Why do the good ones happen when I'm busy?!!!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    The nerve, I tell ya! The nerve!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Lisa, are you stalking me today?!?!

Yes, I can't stay away from your gorgeousness!

Stop, you're making me blush.

SEEEEEEE OP, we CAN get along! Ok, well she did call me gorgeous so of COURSE I want to squish her now, but only in a good way.
  • SERIOUSLY? What is going on here? There has been more arguing, name calling, and general snottiness these past few weeks than ever. Witness how many more lock downs you have seen.

You can say, "Don't read it if you don't like it"... But some (most) of the time a topic is posted with and general question ie "How Many Carbs are Low Carb?" or something like that. I am sure a lot of people would like to see other opinions about this. Unfortunately, you tune in, begin reading, and sure enough pretty soon there is a pissing match between someone (a lot of times not even the OP) and it just escalates on ignoring the real question.

I really can't believe all the juvenile middle school behaviour. This is supposed to be a supportive, informative web site, not a place to be spouting whatever to one up someone and have the last word.

That said, Asking for prayers for your new boobs is a BIT OVER THE LINE!!!

its annoying, isnt it? immature, people coming on here. recently ive come across many that seem to just be on here for friends/popularity and bragging; nothing about fitness or weight loss! its sad!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    For those that missed it...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/365577-please-pray-for-my-surgery

Bon appetit
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    This is only my opinion (and you know opinions are like @ssholes, everyone has one), but I think possibly the OP missed the lesson in sarcasm. I KNOW the prayer for cat thread was intended for fun, I assume the boobies one was too. And even if it wasn't, is it really so wrong for someone to want prayers for their boobs? Have you not ever looked for divine intervention to help find your keys, win at cards, get home safely from the bar, start your period after a walk of shame, get a date for prom?? If you have ever once prayed for something frivolous, then how can you judge??

Edited to say, someone just posted the Prayers for SURGERY thread. yes, it was surgery for boobs. Who are you to judge someone who wants boobs, and is asking for prayers b/c she is nervous?? Ugh, I'm going to get banned if I don't step away now.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    o.o
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • kapeluza
    Options
    Prayers for boobs???

dude_wtf.png
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    It's gotten to the point that I avoid the forums at all costs. I've been here going on 10 months and the last 2 have been really bad. It sucks because when I joined, I found a lot of great information here. I'd like to give back some information I've learned along the way, especially to the people just starting out, but I don't want to be involved in drama.

True story:

I recently went to my doctor for a regular check up. He was impressed with my weight loss over the past 10 months and asked me what I'm doing. I reluctantly told him about this site and how I use it. He pulled it up on his laptop while we were chatting and said he would check it out and recommend it to other patients if he liked what he saw. When he followed up with me a few days later I asked him what he thought about MFP. He said he was glad I was successful using this site, but he couldn't recommend it in good conscience to his other patients because the forums are too inappropriate.

Pretty sad in my opinion.
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    Hahaha... that thread is full of win! I <3 MFP

F*** the whales, save the bewbs!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Please do pray for my new boobs.
    oh, they look just fine.

quitcher whinin!
  • Julieta17
    Options

BAHAHAHA....I don't know the bit behind this but it made my day all the same.

I haven't seen a lot "lately" but I know what you mean. Some posts are just ridiculous.

I did have a friend "vent" last night on her status about people not sharing their diaries (after she commented she couldn't see mine). I don't mean to offend by being private but this is MY journey, not "ours". I will support my friends and try to encourage them, but I don't need to be their dietician when I'm not registered to be one. I also don't feel the need to share with people who don't know why I made the choices I made that day. And I'm not obsessing my diary like some people do. I'm eating for a way of life, not strict dieting for a short period. If that "offends" some people, so be it!

I completely agree :)
  • kapeluza
    Options
    It's gotten to the point that I avoid the forums at all costs. I've been here going on 10 months and the last 2 have been really bad. It sucks because when I joined, I found a lot of great information here. I'd like to give back some information I've learned along the way, especially to the people just starting out, but I don't want to be involved in drama.

True story:

I recently went to my doctor for a regular check up. He was impressed with my weight loss over the past 10 months and asked me what I'm doing. I reluctantly told him about this site and how I use it. He pulled it up on his laptop while we were chatting and said he would check it out and recommend it to other patients if he liked what he saw. When he followed up with me a few days later I asked him what he thought about MFP. He said he was glad I was successful using this site, but he couldn't recommend it in good conscience to his other patients because the forums are too inappropriate.

Pretty sad in my opinion.

Hopefully, one day, Mike will gracious with the holy button that is "IGNORE". I know I will be using it... EXCESSIVELY.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options

That's different. That poor kitty had a hang nail!!! That is definitely in need of prayer. Poor kitty.
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    IBTL?
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    <sigh>

*pulls up a chair, watches the sky for fireworks*

Brought the popcorn, who's bringing the drinks?

Taking orders, as long as it's for shots of Patron. I think we might all need them.

Will take two of those please, and thank-you...