STOP FIGHTING!!!!!

Options

Replies

• BigMamaElle
    BigMamaElle Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Can someone please pray for my old boobs?

lets pray for each others old boobs... lord knows mine need an inspiring lift...
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Hopefully, one day, Mike will gracious with the holy button that is "IGNORE". I know I will be using it... EXCESSIVELY.

I think the groups feature that they're talking about will be a big success for MFP. It will make the forums look welcoming, informative, professional, etc to new users. And it will let the people who want to use MFP for other things hang out in private with the group that they want. Sounds like a win-win to me.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    It's gotten to the point that I avoid the forums at all costs. I've been here going on 10 months and the last 2 have been really bad. It sucks because when I joined, I found a lot of great information here. I'd like to give back some information I've learned along the way, especially to the people just starting out, but I don't want to be involved in drama.

True story:

I recently went to my doctor for a regular check up. He was impressed with my weight loss over the past 10 months and asked me what I'm doing. I reluctantly told him about this site and how I use it. He pulled it up on his laptop while we were chatting and said he would check it out and recommend it to other patients if he liked what he saw. When he followed up with me a few days later I asked him what he thought about MFP. He said he was glad I was successful using this site, but he couldn't recommend it in good conscience to his other patients because the forums are too inappropriate.

Pretty sad in my opinion.

Hopefully, one day, Mike will gracious with the holy button that is "IGNORE". I know I will be using it... EXCESSIVELY.

I second that...it will be use extensively for those who starve themself and for those that ask us to pray for boobies
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    It's gotten to the point that I avoid the forums at all costs. I've been here going on 10 months and the last 2 have been really bad. It sucks because when I joined, I found a lot of great information here. I'd like to give back some information I've learned along the way, especially to the people just starting out, but I don't want to be involved in drama.

True story:

I recently went to my doctor for a regular check up. He was impressed with my weight loss over the past 10 months and asked me what I'm doing. I reluctantly told him about this site and how I use it. He pulled it up on his laptop while we were chatting and said he would check it out and recommend it to other patients if he liked what he saw. When he followed up with me a few days later I asked him what he thought about MFP. He said he was glad I was successful using this site, but he couldn't recommend it in good conscience to his other patients because the forums are too inappropriate.

I second that...it will be use extensively for those who starve themself and for those that ask us to pray for boobies

C'mon though....my boobs need the support.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

True story:

C'mon though....my boobs need the support.

ISWYDT!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    128875566564778866.jpg
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

True story:

Ok, I'll take a moment to be serious. Yes, you are correct in that some people do not know how to behave. (I myself am a little guilty of that today). But for the most part, the OP is talking about threads that were either started in jest (IN the chit chat forum, which is supposed to be for FUN) or in the case of the Prayers for Surgery (NOT boobies), she very rudely made light of the person's feelings/situation.

I have found though if you stay away from toxic topics (as in lectures like this one), and stay out of Chit Chat, you will find a lot more help and support.
  • tnic86
    tnic86 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    atspopcorn.gif
    LMAO!!!!

Hahaha! This is hilarious!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options

True story:

Ok, I'll take a moment to be serious. Yes, you are correct in that some people do not know how to behave. (I myself am a little guilty of that today). But for the most part, the OP is talking about threads that were either started in jest (IN the chit chat forum, which is supposed to be for FUN) or in the case of the Prayers for Surgery (NOT boobies), she very rudely made light of the person's feelings/situation.

I have found though if you stay away from toxic topics (as in lectures like this one), and stay out of Chit Chat, you will find a lot more help and support.

There is a difference between having a sense of humor/laughing about dumb stuff and being an *kitten* to newcomers and people with genuine questions. Snarky? FU and GTFO with people's snark bull$hit.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    or in the case of the Prayers for Surgery (NOT boobies), she very rudely made light of the person's feelings/situation.

The thread was requesting prayers for a voluntary breast augmentation.
  • kapeluza
    Options
    or in the case of the Prayers for Surgery (NOT boobies), she very rudely made light of the person's feelings/situation.

double-facepalm.jpg
  • _SusieQ_
    Options

True story:

There is a difference between having a sense of humor/laughing about dumb stuff and being an *kitten* to newcomers and people with genuine questions. Snarky? FU and GTFO with people's snark bull$hit.

Wait, are you telling ME to FU, or the person I quoted? Doesn't matter, just wondered b/c I didn't think I was being offensive with this one. If that's how it came across, sorry.
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Please do pray for my new boobs.
    bwahahaha.. if i see that again.. bry will scream... LOL
  • _SusieQ_
    Options

And???? So b/c it was a voluntary surgery she didn't have to right to ask for prayers for being nervous?
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    well this post is about as useless as the "pissing matches"

rotfl, my thoughts exactly.
  • kapeluza
    Options

True story:

Wait, are you telling ME to FU, or the person I quoted? Doesn't matter, just wondered b/c I didn't think I was being offensive with this one. If that's how it came across, sorry.

No nub, not you lol :P
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

I think thats funny
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Anyone know the statistic? 4 out of 5 doctors don't recommend MFP because it's inapepropriate?
  • _SusieQ_
    Options
    [/quote]

No nub, not you lol :P
    [/quote]

<whew>
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    b0ObS aRe aWeSoMe GuYs! @#%~~!!#