STOP FIGHTING!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Does an example of this "fighting" exist? ie.. thread link?
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    First, I would win a pissing match.

I'm pregnant and piss far more than anyone else.

Second, instead of my boobs will you pray for my back?

Again, pregnant and if these suckers get any bigger my back will break.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Well. I'm sure the OP couldn't be more pleased with the way this "no fighting" thread has turned out.

and what is THAT supposed to mean????!!!????!!!

*four fouls, for those keeping score*

Reported for befouling.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    That said, Asking for prayers for your new boobs is a BIT OVER THE LINE!!!

BAHAHAHA....I don't know the bit behind this but it made my day all the same.

I did have a friend "vent" last night on her status about people not sharing their diaries (after she commented she couldn't see mine). I don't mean to offend by being private but this is MY journey, not "ours". I will support my friends and try to encourage them, but I don't need to be their dietician when I'm not registered to be one. I also don't feel the need to share with people who don't know why I made the choices I made that day. And I'm not obsessing my diary like some people do. I'm eating for a way of life, not strict dieting for a short period. If that "offends" some people, so be it!

I missed all the breastular fun, too!

And I SO AGREE about your food diary! It's my business what I eat......if I need input, I'll ask for it. If I want to spend my whole calorie input on a Beer Day, then I will.......and I don't need anyone telling me it's not okay! I'm 56 yrs old, and I could care less what people think of me..........it's important what I THINK of me :)
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    just to get involved in an other destined-to-be-locked thread, I must post here.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    This is the interweb...everyone is wrong except me
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    For those that missed it...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/365577-please-pray-for-my-surgery

Bon appetit

Thank you so much for the link to that thread :drinker:
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Well....this went well......hahahaha

On a serious note, I am fairly new here. If I go to chit-chat/fun, I expect a little mischief. And...I like a little humor and sarcasm. But, I have found a lot of good information here and good friends. It's like any site with "discussion forums", some think they have all the answers and are happy to whip you with them. Happens in chat too.

But, I'm here with an attitude of "take the best and leave the rest". I don't feel the need to correct every little thing I don't agree with, and I don't feel the need to defend every little thing I post.

Just my two cents and it's not really worth a "hoot nickle" (Whatever that is!)
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    SERIOUSLY? What is going on here? There has been more arguing, name calling, and general snottiness these past few weeks than ever. Witness how many more lock downs you have seen.

You can say, "Don't read it if you don't like it"... But some (most) of the time a topic is posted with and general question ie "How Many Carbs are Low Carb?" or something like that. I am sure a lot of people would like to see other opinions about this. Unfortunately, you tune in, begin reading, and sure enough pretty soon there is a pissing match between someone (a lot of times not even the OP) and it just escalates on ignoring the real question.

I really can't believe all the juvenile middle school behaviour. This is supposed to be a supportive, informative web site, not a place to be spouting whatever to one up someone and have the last word.

You call it a "pissing match". Others call it "Passionate debate".

I call it "An exercise in seeing how many times i can head/desk before it breaks".

hahaha! ok, sorry this has nothing to do with your quote, I only quoted you because I LOVE your Garfield comic strip on your signature!!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    wrong.jpg
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

Is it opposite day?
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    True story:

I recently went to my doctor for a regular check up. He was impressed with my weight loss over the past 10 months and asked me what I'm doing. I reluctantly told him about this site and how I use it. He pulled it up on his laptop while we were chatting and said he would check it out and recommend it to other patients if he liked what he saw. When he followed up with me a few days later I asked him what he thought about MFP. He said he was glad I was successful using this site, but he couldn't recommend it in good conscience to his other patients because the forums are too inappropriate.

Pretty sad in my opinion.
    That is sad. I showed my doctor MFP and when he looked at the site, he said "Dude, look at her rack." Then we high-fived and he gave me some pills.

I'm kidding of course. High-fiving is so 90s.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP. A lot of people seem to have an incapability to debate without taking it personally. And I don't mean taking personal attacks personally. They are personal.

You have to remember when debating anything online, there are a lot of people out there who really really WANT to be offended, and will try to read offence into every single thing you write.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Is it opposite day?
    No...that would be marriage
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Can someone please pray for my old boobs?

I'm too busy praying for my diminished ones. *sniff sob*
  • _SusieQ_
    Options

Is it opposite day?
    No...that would be marriage

:huh:
  • _SusieQ_
    Options
    Can someone please pray for my old boobs?

I'm too busy praying for my diminished ones. *sniff sob*

I just pray for mine not to give me a black eye when I'm doing jumping jacks.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options

It's "hipster" to high five in the retro uncoolness-ness.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Awww this is cute...see everyone gets along just fine :laugh:
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options

It's "hipster" to high five in the retro uncoolness-ness.
    I think after about 33, we're too old to be ironical.

Not saying that stops me. Just saying thems the rules.