STOP FIGHTING!!!!!

Options

Replies

• mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll take a moment to be serious. Yes, you are correct in that some people do not know how to behave. (I myself am a little guilty of that today). But for the most part, the OP is talking about threads that were either started in jest (IN the chit chat forum, which is supposed to be for FUN) or in the case of the Prayers for Surgery (NOT boobies), she very rudely made light of the person's feelings/situation.

I have found though if you stay away from toxic topics (as in lectures like this one), and stay out of Chit Chat, you will find a lot more help and support.

I can't speak for the OP (don't know her) or the threads you're talking about (didn't read them). I'm just saying, in my opinion, that there has been an increase of "toxic topics" over the past few months and it drives people away from the forums.
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options

And???? So b/c it was a voluntary surgery she didn't have to right to ask for prayers for being nervous?

Its still a surgery, there are still risks involved. Its the same thing as having voluntary hip replacement! Prayers for her today!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    This has gone waaaaaay of track, guys.

Let's get back to the root of the issue: How many cals does one burn gathering nuts? And... go.
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    There is a difference between having a sense of humor/laughing about dumb stuff and being an *kitten* to newcomers and people with genuine questions. Snarky? FU and GTFO with people's snark bull$hit.

Who are you directing your last sentence to? Are you saying that I'm somehow confusing the difference between laughing about dumb stuff and being a jerk to new people?
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Let's get back to the root of the issue: How many cals does one burn gathering nuts? And... go.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Prayers for boobies?!

You didnt see the epicness of those two threads last night?! :O

I sure miss a lot of stuff at night
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

No way...I need to add that to my workout routine.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the lecture...it really helps

Would you like to add another exclamation point to that?
    I thought we agreed on the exclamation policy? Anything with more than two in a row is a foul. Two will get you a warning.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I think I need to pray for mine their disappearing

Me too!!
  • MarybethAltizer
    MarybethAltizer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It wasnt' this way when I joined. What the crap is going on?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

And???? So b/c it was a voluntary surgery she didn't have to right to ask for prayers for being nervous?

Its still a surgery, there are still risks involved. Its the same thing as having voluntary hip replacement! Prayers for her today!

Voluntary hip replacement!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ''oh look my hip is not as gorgeous looking as someone else hip so I will have a volontary hip replacement''
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options

I thought we agreed on the exclamation policy? Anything with more than two in a row is a foul. Two will get you a warning.

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Well. I'm sure the OP couldn't be more pleased with the way this "no fighting" thread has turned out.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reported for exclamation points abuse
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Prayers for boobies?!

You didnt see the epicness of those two threads last night?! :O

That's funny. I've always found it amusing how accepting of "new boobies" most people on this site are yet how opposed to weight loss surgery.
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    That said, Asking for prayers for your new boobs is a BIT OVER THE LINE!!!
    For those that missed it...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/365577-please-pray-for-my-surgery

Bon appetit

Thanks for the link to the original thread. That was pure gold!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    SERIOUSLY? What is going on here? There has been more arguing, name calling, and general snottiness these past few weeks than ever. Witness how many more lock downs you have seen.

You can say, "Don't read it if you don't like it"... But some (most) of the time a topic is posted with and general question ie "How Many Carbs are Low Carb?" or something like that. I am sure a lot of people would like to see other opinions about this. Unfortunately, you tune in, begin reading, and sure enough pretty soon there is a pissing match between someone (a lot of times not even the OP) and it just escalates on ignoring the real question.

I really can't believe all the juvenile middle school behaviour. This is supposed to be a supportive, informative web site, not a place to be spouting whatever to one up someone and have the last word.

That said, Asking for prayers for your new boobs is a BIT OVER THE LINE!!!

Wow. . get out of the threads for a bit and come back and low and behold hasn't changed. . I personally think if a person is asking a specific question everyone should do their best to stay on topic. . or go find another subject that they are interested in and can comment on accordingly. .

There is no reason for anyone here to be rude or disruptive. . we are all here for fun, fitness, and support. . Let's all try to keep it positive. . .or if you are having a bad day go talk to a friend or post your own thread about your bad day. . there is no reason to take it out on others. .

Have a wonderful day ya'll.:flowerforyou:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    2894148807_small_1.jpg

Bring it.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    It's gotten to the point that I avoid the forums at all costs. I've been here going on 10 months and the last 2 have been really bad. It sucks because when I joined, I found a lot of great information here. I'd like to give back some information I've learned along the way, especially to the people just starting out, but I don't want to be involved in drama.

True story:

I recently went to my doctor for a regular check up. He was impressed with my weight loss over the past 10 months and asked me what I'm doing. I reluctantly told him about this site and how I use it. He pulled it up on his laptop while we were chatting and said he would check it out and recommend it to other patients if he liked what he saw. When he followed up with me a few days later I asked him what he thought about MFP. He said he was glad I was successful using this site, but he couldn't recommend it in good conscience to his other patients because the forums are too inappropriate.

Pretty sad in my opinion.

Now that truly is sad, but should be remedied when the new groups function goes into effect. . Thank you Mike and Stephen and the wonderful moderators here for all there dedication and hard work.:smile:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Well. I'm sure the OP couldn't be more pleased with the way this "no fighting" thread has turned out.

and what is THAT supposed to mean????!!!????!!!

*four fouls, for those keeping score*