Things YOU are judgey about

Options

Replies

• cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Parents who are oblivious when it comes to the safety or health of their kids. Example #1: numerous parents @ my kids' old daycare who refused to get their kids' pink eye treated, saying it was just "allergies." Uhh you don't get allergies in just one eye geniuses. Now my kids got pink eye because of your nasty kids leaving germs everywhere since you refuse to get them treated. Example #2: parents who turn their babies' carseats forward facing when they turn 1 year old, when rear facing is a million times safer. A little research would tell any parent that info.
    my friend turned her kid's carseat around at 8 months old, our babies are the same age *14 months* she is in shock that my daughter is still rear facing. She's almost at the weight limit for RF in that carseat though *sigh* her 3 yr old is in a booster...wont stay in it while moving, and shes shocked that my 4 1/2 yr old son will stay in a 5 point harness. she disregards the warnings.

My oldest was 10 when I stopped using her booster seat. She still fit, was under the pound limit, and it raised her up to where the seatbelt fit correctly. I make no apologies when it comes to the safety of my kids.
  • MrsPike07
    MrsPike07 Posts: 160
    Options
    People who complain about spelling. My god, it's not that big of a deal. Spelling Nazi's grind my gears. I hardly even notice most times and a lot of people post from their tiny cellphone screens that autocorrect stupid words.

Love this ^^^^^
  • MrsPike07
    MrsPike07 Posts: 160
    Options
    People that ask to borrow money while smoking a cigarette.
    People using food stamps to buy t-bones (yeah I know, I hear the boos already).
    People living in government subsidized housing with 60" plasma tvs.
    People that grip about their current situation (weight, money, whatever) and refuse to do anything about it.

Africkenmen!!!!!! I couldn't agree more!

Lol!!!! That's too funny! It's one of those things....it's like amen just isn't enough. :)

I totally thought you were trying to spell "African" for some reason, and then I looked closer. Gave me a good laugh at myself. :-)

I thought "african men". I was about to be like...WAY TO BE RACIST AND SEXIST!

:laugh:
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    People in a debate who attack the opposition instead of making a case for their side. "You're stupid" is an invalid answer. I firmly believe that people can disagree without resorting to petty name-calling and insulting each others' intelligence. Sadly this happens in politics and in mfp forums.

It was a sad day watching a federal elections debate and the only person not attacking others, but presenting clear party goals was Elizabeth May from the green party. Seriously?!?
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    People whe read one crazy conspiracy theory on the internet and then spread it like wild fire annoy me. Ahem....our government is poisoning the food supply? Really?

Amen, sister!
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I try not to be too judgemental, I'm no angel!

However....

Hypocrites bother me

as do people who have their lives a mess and refuse to fix it, or keep making the same mistake over and over--expecting me to be there to pick up the pieces time after time

DITTO!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    TEXTING WHILE DRIVING.

Be safe my MFP friends. It's not worth that last LOL on your way home from work to not mkae it home. You're someone's mom, dad, brother whatever.

Play safe my friends.

Also, this. Seeing people with little kids and babies in the back seat, and they're texting away, weaving in and out of their lane. I just pray if they have an accident, the kids and anyone the car plows into is ok.
  • jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Those that think their opinions are facts and your facts to mean *kitten*...
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Others people's bad parenting ways, and I mean, they have to be REAL bad for it to bug me. I also tend to steer clear of Eeyore types of people...."ohhh poor me, my life sucks, but I don't want to do anything to fix it or change it; just want to sit around whining about it" Everyone has bad days..yes! But whining for months...or even years...is a different story.
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Bad parents who let thier children run unchecked, screaming, fighting, stealing, or (this really happened 4 weeks ago), peeing in a bush outside a store while your shopping and not caring where they are. Also those who spend countless amounts of money on themselves, and than gripe because a kids shirt cost more than $3.99.
    ^^ I have to say these are my top 2 things! Can't stand unsupervised children. I was in a restaurant with my bf and bff one night, and there were two children literally running all over the restaurant, touching things and breaking things. One of the kids (maybe 9 or 10) came up to our table and actually stuck his whole hand in the pitcher of water on our table. I very loudly asked him if he had parents. I couldn't believe it.

The money thing bothers me, too. I have a hard time listening to people tell me they have no money to do things, or can't pay their electric/cable bill, yet they have the newest electronics, expensive purses/cars/clothes etc. I also tend to be judgey when I talk to people with the same expensive cars/phones/iPads/professionally done nails or hair/clothes/purses - or all of the above - and are receiving gvnt assistance. That irritates the crap out of me!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    This is terrible and none-of-my business, but sex. Like my friends that go out and hook up with random guys. I'm VERY judgmental about that. I'm not saying that everybody needs to be virgins, but people need to be in committed relationships and trust the people they are with. Hooking up with someone the night you meet them or even before you are in a relationship is a no-no for me.
    Also how you treat your children.
  • SaucyPeas
    SaucyPeas Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    People who put their children on leashes. I can barely tolerate putting my dogs on a leash how can someone put a child on a leash? Please learn to hold your childs hand and have enough awareness of what is going on around you while you are shopping to still pay attention and manage your child.

k..thnx...bye!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Parents who are oblivious when it comes to the safety or health of their kids. Example #1: numerous parents @ my kids' old daycare who refused to get their kids' pink eye treated, saying it was just "allergies." Uhh you don't get allergies in just one eye geniuses. Now my kids got pink eye because of your nasty kids leaving germs everywhere since you refuse to get them treated. Example #2: parents who turn their babies' carseats forward facing when they turn 1 year old, when rear facing is a million times safer. A little research would tell any parent that info.

I wouldn't call someone elses children nasty.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    For the most part I am too obtuse to give a rats *kitten* what anyone else is doing, but today I overheard an adult speaking cruelly to a child. At my son's school on Wednesdays they sell ice cream to the kids as school lets out. This lady purchased her granddaughter a popsicle and then proceeded to berate the girl for eating something that is going to make her FAT. Number one: the child is a healthy weight. Number two: The child is 5 and not 100% in charge of what she eats EVER. Number Three: You bought her the popsicle, lady. Number Four: When no one else in this world has your back, your grandma should have your back. DAMN I judged that hell out of that woman. Oh man, I wanted to judge her real hard with my fists, too. So I guess I will judge you if you are being mean to a child.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Bad parents who let thier children run unchecked, screaming, fighting, stealing, or (this really happened 4 weeks ago), peeing in a bush outside a store while your shopping and not caring where they are. Also those who spend countless amounts of money on themselves, and than gripe because a kids shirt cost more than $3.99.
    ^^ I have to say these are my top 2 things! Can't stand unsupervised children. I was in a restaurant with my bf and bff one night, and there were two children literally running all over the restaurant, touching things and breaking things. One of the kids (maybe 9 or 10) came up to our table and actually stuck his whole hand in the pitcher of water on our table. I very loudly asked him if he had parents. I couldn't believe it.

The money thing bothers me, too. I have a hard time listening to people tell me they have no money to do things, or can't pay their electric/cable bill, yet they have the newest electronics, expensive purses/cars/clothes etc. I also tend to be judgey when I talk to people with the same expensive cars/phones/iPads/professionally done nails or hair/clothes/purses - or all of the above - and are receiving gvnt assistance. That irritates the crap out of me!

probably why they have no money..
  • kendratiger20
    Options
    I H8 peepol dat cannt spel simpel werds, butt stil gradeuiated highskool. :grumble:
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    People who blame all the bad things that happen in their life on someone else. When something happen over and over again, you are the common denominator. Change your behavior.

People who don't capitalize letters, use puncuation or proper grammar. Yes I am a Grammar Nazi.

Mother's who judge other mothers for their choices about staying home or going back to work. Both sides judge the other and it drives me crazy
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    First and foremost--I cannot stand bad spelling & grammar. I was an English major before I switched to law & it drives me insane! Especially people who can't tell the difference between there/they're/their.

Also, badly behaved children and parents who just look the other way. If I am going to spend my money to go out to a restaurant I do NOT want to hear your kid scream all night. Take the kid outside, period.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    People who put their children on leashes. I can barely tolerate putting my dogs on a leash how can someone put a child on a leash. Please learn to hold your childs hand and have enough awareness of what is going on around you while you are shopping to still pay attention and manage your child.

k..thnx...bye!
    i beg to disagree...lol. when my 4 yr old was 2 he would rather wear his "monkey" than hold my hand, this went on for about 6 months....i say whatever keeps your kid happy and well behaved at the store, or where ever you may be.
  • escadachic
    escadachic Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm a little bit guilty of being judgmental towards my friends, who say they want to lose weight, yet don't exercise and eat crap. But that's because, they ask me for advice and tell me they want to lose weight and then they don't listen to my advice and they don't get off their lazy arses and do something about it!

I'm sorry, but don't ask me how to lose weight, if you're going to ignore my advice and not change anything. That's just stupid!

Oh and I hate how people, namely adults, who are old enough to spell properly, use text speak on FB! It's like, fine, I accept teenagers do it, though I still find that annoying, but adults, they are supposed to be a bit more mature then that. And I have no idea what they are going on about half the time! It's like, can you please translate that crap into english please!