Do you judge others on their workout clothes?

Options

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    What to wear tonight, what to wear................
  • aregensb
    aregensb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Actually, I find it interesting that a few people are raggin on the heavy weight lifters who have bare feet or are wearing flat-soled shoes (Toms or Chuck All Stars). Those are actually acceptable things to do. Running shoes are not good for heavy weightlifting because you lose some strength behind your lift. The soles of running shoes are also thicker so they tend to be unstable - which increases your risk of injury. Flat shoes with a thin, incompressable sole are better for most weightlifting exercises.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    If it's not matching I'm like "gah!"
    Dude I wear spandex...............not all the time, but just for kickboxing class.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I will say the black high socks with white tennis shoes has to go!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kiesh82
    kiesh82 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I don't judge. But as with any other situation, if I see someone who looks crazy I'm gonna shake my head lol.
  • kschhr
    kschhr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Only if they're wearing jeans. Or jewelry. Or sunglasses... People seem weird to me sometimes.
  • sawyermark
    sawyermark Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I work out in my Richard Simmons shorts, a sweat band and leg warmers. I keep getting stares is this out of style now?
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Not unless they're walking around the gym in their bathing suit outside of the pool area. It's happened, and it's weird.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    The only time I've ever really noticed is when a girl in front had cheap leggings on and every time we did a squat I could see her thong/g-string. Not a good look.
    Otherwise whatever anyone feels best in, after all that's why most people are at the gym, to feel good?
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Nope. I am probably the tackiest thing my gym sees on the daily basis, so I'm not in the position to judge others on what they wear. I throw on any sweats and any t-shirt that is in close proximity (and clean) and then I'm off. Hell I'm gonna sweat like the ****ens. Wearing a cutesy or matching fit wont make any bit of a difference.
  • tatiannajanel
    tatiannajanel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I judge girls who work out with barely anything on. This girl had to keep pulling down her cut off shorts while she was running on the treadmill the other day. Gross!
  • Gabbahh
    Gabbahh Posts: 35
    Options
    Of course not!
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    I absolutely do not judge. In fact I admire every single person in there, regardless of appearance.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    If it's not matching I'm like "gah!"

I don't even look at what other people are wearing to be honest. I am more interested in what my workout is going to be.

When I used to go to the gym, I never used to wear matching stuff a lot of the time and if I had known that I may be judged on that, I would most likely have worn the most horrendous workout kit ever known to mankind, just to annoy.
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Only if they're wearing jeans. Or jewelry. Or sunglasses... People seem weird to me sometimes.

There is someone at my gym who comes in wearing pearls and other jewelry and full on makeup. I dunno, not my style. I go there to sweat...a lot and I want to be comfortable, but I make sure I look presentable.
  • alltalk199
    Options
    To early in the morning for me to give **** what other people are wearing, probably why I go to the gym at this time (5am earlier if I can) to focus on my workout and train hard. Oh well, each to their own! I'm pretty much, don't talk to me unless you wanna train with me and we can push each other to the limit.
  • JammyJae
    JammyJae Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    OK... I hate the girls that are all made up and that have perfume on! Don't really care about clothes!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    OK... I hate the girls that are all made up and that have perfume on! Don't really care about clothes!

If their makeup is really thickly plastered on, I often glimpse now and again to see if they are sweating and hoping it will all slide off their face :laugh:
  • yulinerinwang
    yulinerinwang Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I sometimes do. If it's just a regular gym, doesn't really matter unless they wear crazy clothes. BUT, I have zero tolerance with girls showing up at my mma training sessions with makeups and perfumes...
  • SherrysLife2012
    Options
    I don't pay attention to anyone at the gym, I'm more worried about people looking at me not giving a crap because I'm there to work out and sweat. I have worn make-up to the gym only because I already had it on before going to the gym, like I use to go right after work......but some would sweat off and some of its waterproof...LOL. Only two times I can think of noticing what people were wearing....one was a guy in a speedo with lots of junk showing and the other was a woman in a see thru swim suit or maybe it was very worn, either way it was gross.

I got a good laugh reading this thread.

Sherry