Curvy or not Curvy?

Options

Replies

• xoKarabearxo
    Options
    I guess it depends on the body type, I have plenty of petite and tall female friends who have no curves at all. But that doesn't make them any less beautiful. For myself, I've always had plenty of curves, and not once have I had a man complain about them ;)
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    If you surveyed men, Curvy would be #1 with a bullet.

This means you have to have hips, boobs, and butt.

Me drools just imagining it. :love:
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    well I think this is dumb

Curvy women can also be fit and athletic.

Yes they can! Like I said earlier, Strong is the new skinny. Besides you look freaking amazing from your profile picture!
  • kenzietea
    Options
    One of my favorite things about my boyfriend is that he thinks the Lane Bryant models on the commercials are stunning-- He knows that a real woman is the size God made her to be. If that's skinny, great. If it's curvy, great. He is all about a natural woman and that makes me so much more comfortable around him!

OMG thats because lane bryant models are NORMAL sizes. They are usually tall, and between a size 8-12. I don't really think it is fair to use gorgeous normal size women to model "plus size" clothing. Lane bryant models are totally the epitome of normal and sexy!

P.s. your boyfriend sounds like a keeper!
  • kenzietea
    Options
    If you mean curvy like this:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS--8BUR3uRuYnMIovG98jYjnr8JDB12YGmDbgOnHsjs4Cqz8Gn

then no.

If you mean like this:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT60V_kr5HWxyzxuSBRz8_HP6iH-37_5G7eWrJrkFqEdIoMjgEo

then yes.

I find a lot of larger girls hide behind the term 'curvy' and say its sexy, how a woman should be, etc. Then say thinner girls have the body of a 10yr old boy.

Those 2 examples are probably how women see the term curvy, and how men see it.

When I think curvy I picture kim kardashian. Although, I personally find the two photos above of two completely different but completely beautiful women. Although, I must say I don't know many women who would ever deny the curviness that is kim kardashian. She's gorrrrgeousss!
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Men will always "deal" because they want to be with(in) us!

:bigsmile:

Exactly
  • wanderlust3
    Options
    Curves are beautiful! The idea is to get fit and healthy and toned, not aspire to a body shape that you could never achieve without lopping off your hipbones. In my experience, a fit woman with an hourglass shape will turn the heads of 99.9% of the male population.

And along the lines of aspiring to a body shape you can't achieve, I would like to point out that comments about "body of a teenage boy" and how "curves make a girl a woman and not a child" are equally unkind and damaging to the self-esteem of women that DON'T naturally have curves. Some of us have boyish hips and small breasts and athletic builds, and we're sexy too.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

then no.

If you mean like this:

then yes.

I find a lot of larger girls hide behind the term 'curvy' and say its sexy, how a woman should be, etc. Then say thinner girls have the body of a 10yr old boy.

I honestly think both look great. :smile: :drinker:
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    My hubby thinks my curves are hot!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    A woman without curves is like a pair of jeans without pockets. You don't know where to put your hands.
  • takingperfection
    Options
    My boyfriend likes curves. He likes my hips and my butt, which are both pretty curvy! I have a mixture of an hour glass and pear shaped body. No matter how much weight I lose, I will be "curvy" because I have wider hips. I think curvy is pretty, but so is straight and thin. Both are beautiful and I wouldn't mind being either.
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    One of my favorite things about my boyfriend is that he thinks the Lane Bryant models on the commercials are stunning-- He knows that a real woman is the size God made her to be. If that's skinny, great. If it's curvy, great. He is all about a natural woman and that makes me so much more comfortable around him!

you are so lucky!
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    I am not curvy, I dont have a small waist or shapley hips or a butt. Even if I were to lose weight. I once overheard a woman comment to someone else that "a woman that does not have a butt is not a woman" and that made me feel a little self conscious and disappointed.

No butt here either :ohwell: At least I don't have to worry about cellulite on my *kitten*!!:drinker:

lol true I don't have that either
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    This is exactly what I love

196292_1005816706582_1259827163_11357_8628_n.jpg
  • Dragongrl
    Dragongrl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have to wonder about the guys who like 'em stick thin. Why on earth would a man be turned on by a woman that looks like a child? Oh, that's 'cause he aint right in his mellon. Got it.

Meat is for men. Leave the bones for the dogs I say.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I think skinny with boobs and butt XD So...if the person didnt have boobs/butt they would be a stick, but with them, they are curvy~

i think both bodies are cute though~i personally change my preference constantly ^^
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options

then no.

If you mean like this:

then yes.

This is EXACTLY how I see it! It annoys me when I see women say, "I don't want to lose too much because I want to keep my curves."

In that case, you are overweight, you don't have curves. If you truly have curves, you'll have them no matter your weight. I think it's an excuse to not have to get to a healthy weight.
    also agree ^^
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    i hate that people assume curvy means, a little chubbier. its a body type, my body has a slight curv but not much, so i look skinnier than a curvy person so people call me too thin :(
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    i hate that people assume curvy means, a little chubbier. its a body type, my body has a slight curv but not much, so i look skinnier than a curvy person so people call me too thin :(

You are pretty much the same build as this old pic of Melissa below
    n1259827163_77443_7381.jpg
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I have to wonder about the guys who like 'em stick thin. Why on earth would a man be turned on by a woman that looks like a child? Oh, that's 'cause he aint right in his mellon. Got it.

Meat is for men. Leave the bones for the dogs I say.

Just when I thought I'd read as much rude igonrant stuff as I was going to read on here. :)