Curvy or not Curvy?

Options
1235»

Replies

• dancer4275
    Options
    I guess I stand alone on here, because I'd rather be what you call "straight" than "curvy." It's different for every person.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If you mean curvy like this:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS--8BUR3uRuYnMIovG98jYjnr8JDB12YGmDbgOnHsjs4Cqz8Gn

then no.

If you mean like this:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT60V_kr5HWxyzxuSBRz8_HP6iH-37_5G7eWrJrkFqEdIoMjgEo

then yes.

I find a lot of larger girls hide behind the term 'curvy' and say its sexy, how a woman should be, etc. Then say thinner girls have the body of a 10yr old boy.

Those 2 examples are probably how women see the term curvy, and how men see it.

When I think curvy I picture kim kardashian. Although, I personally find the two photos above of two completely different but completely beautiful women. Although, I must say I don't know many women who would ever deny the curviness that is kim kardashian. She's gorrrrgeousss!

And she's also a size 2. She's curvy, but she is not overweight by any stretch.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    If you mean curvy like this:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS--8BUR3uRuYnMIovG98jYjnr8JDB12YGmDbgOnHsjs4Cqz8Gn

then no.

If you mean like this:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT60V_kr5HWxyzxuSBRz8_HP6iH-37_5G7eWrJrkFqEdIoMjgEo

then yes.

I find a lot of larger girls hide behind the term 'curvy' and say its sexy, how a woman should be, etc. Then say thinner girls have the body of a 10yr old boy.

Those 2 examples are probably how women see the term curvy, and how men see it.

When I think curvy I picture kim kardashian. Although, I personally find the two photos above of two completely different but completely beautiful women. Although, I must say I don't know many women who would ever deny the curviness that is kim kardashian. She's gorrrrgeousss!

And she's also a size 2. She's curvy, but she is not overweight by any stretch.

Curvy and healthy, which is how it should be. Health should be more important.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Curvy I need something to hold on to.
  • Dragongrl
    Dragongrl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have to wonder about the guys who like 'em stick thin. Why on earth would a man be turned on by a woman that looks like a child? Oh, that's 'cause he aint right in his mellon. Got it.

Meat is for men. Leave the bones for the dogs I say.

Just when I thought I'd read as much rude igonrant stuff as I was going to read on here. :)
    That's just my opinion. No body has to like it. If guys wanna like chicks that look all sucked up like Twiggy (and I mean unhealthy sucked up) that's their thing. Whatever floats the boat. I just don't get it.

Have a nice day, okay?
  • 623Hernandez
    Options
    I think women look sexy with curves. I want to trade my rolls in for curves! My healthy weight is 101-136 but, I was very happy and felt very sexy at 180. I am going for 160 because it will take me out of the obese category. I am going to try to get down to 150 so, I can have a breast reduction. I know during recovery I won’t be able to exercise and will probably gain 10 back.
  • southofmadness
    southofmadness Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Curvy = woman. curves are very seductive. The image of super thin woman is a construction of our media.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Curvy = woman. curves are very seductive. The image of super thin woman is a construction of our media.

"The image of super thin woman is a construction of our media."

^^ Agreed with what you said about that.
  • Regmama
    Regmama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Just remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I do tend to find that white guys and Asian men, in general, prefer the straight. Every Latino or African American man I've met has preferred curvy (I'm a curvy white girl married to a Mexican). Please forgive me if you think I'm stereotyping, this is solely based on conversations I've had with men I've known.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Just remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I do tend to find that white guys and Asian men, in general, prefer the straight. Every Latino or African American man I've met has preferred curvy (I'm a curvy white girl married to a Mexican). Please forgive me if you think I'm stereotyping, this is solely based on conversations I've had with men I've known.

Yea, I don't think this should be based on stereotypes....