Did you do the HCG diet?

Options
1235»

Replies

• kiwicakes
    kiwicakes Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wow, so much hate.

I clicked on the thread simply hoping to read some HCG success stories, isn't it a good thing if the diet worked for some? So many here have such a condescending attitude toward it. However people choose to lose weight, to each their own. Please show some respect.

Props to the folks who actually came forth and shared their experience in this hostile climate, it's great that it worked, you shouldn't have to defend yourself.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I doubt that I will be passing out on this diet due to the fact that I will be eating food.... just not the starches, bowls of icecream , snacks that fit in to your calories and other sugars that hold you back from getting you to your goal weight.

You may be eating food.. but it's not a whole lotta food.. so I hope you don't plan on exercising cause you will pass out.

Plus I eat starches, a serving of ice cream and snacks that fit i my calories and I'm 3 pounds from my goal weight.. didn't hold me back at all.. and there was no crazy low calories or preggo lady pee involved.. whoo hoo!

it's not about resriction. i ate according to the plan and worked out at least 30 mins a day. it doesn't make you pass out.

It's not about restriction.. God are you dense.

Hun, your eating 500 calories a day when most of us are eating 1200-2000+ a day. So yes, it is about restriction.. and most people I know, are not working out on this diet.. The exercise you did is very low impact I'm sure. The exercise I'm talking about is high impact cardio and lifting weights.. theres no way, that you can lift weights(and heavy ones at that) on that little calories.

I haven't called you any names, don't call me dense - if you know everything, why are you still overweight? as i stated before i was on a modified verison from my dr. i was around 800 +/- a day. i've lost over 80 lbs and i know what works for me. i worked out and lifted weights most days, i also walk my dog for about 45 min everyday afterwards (roughly 30 min for other exercises a day b/c i work over 50 hrs and its difficult to find more time w miami rush hour). don't talk like you know everything when you haven't fully read the info provided. i went off the guide book many many times and still continued to lose. the point is it is a great jump start w rapid results. after completing the first round, i am now in the healthy BMI range and i feel great. i speak from results. plain and simple.

I would like to repeat: ". . . why are you still overweight?" She's 3 pounds from her goal weight of 150 proving that she's done the work. If you're going to stack on a low blow at least make it count.

Amen girl.. Last time I check 3 pounds away from goal is not overweight.. Maybe that lack of food is messing with her brain.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the ice cream bashing
    <
    if you ask me ice cream (and wine . . . and reasonable self discipline) looks fawcking awesome

i have totally cut ice cream completly out of my diet and i dont even do hcg

I have ice cream nearly every day before bed. I just don't eat the whole tub at once.

Why would anyone who is trying to lose weight on any diet eat the whole tub at once? That's incredibly counter productive, and completely lacks anything that would even begin to resemble self control. There's a point when you're eating something when it crosses the line between enjoyable and self distructive.

I think you entirely misread the sarcasm in my statement.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Wow, so much hate.

I clicked on the thread simply hoping to read some HCG success stories, isn't it a good thing if the diet worked for some? So many here have such a condescending attitude toward it. However people choose to lose weight, to each their own. Please show some respect.

Props to the folks who actually came forth and shared their experience in this hostile climate, it's great that it worked, you shouldn't have to defend yourself.
    So should people eating and puking up their dinner be supported as well and not judged? Sorry, but this website is about doing it HEALTHY....and a 500 calorie/day diet is anything BUT that. If something isn't healthy and you post about it here in these forums, you WILL hear about it. Get used to it. I suggest they go to the HCG website and chat it up with people that bought into the marketing scam, so they can all feel comfy and cozy.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Seriously - no judgement coming from me if it worked. I dont want to scare off potential posters.
    I just only hear about people 'starting' the diet. Not maintaining the weightloss.

I figured at least one or two people should be able to defend it with sustained loss...right?

I will take that beer!

Yes, I have. I did 2 rounds of doctor prescribed HCG and did daily injections and lost 38 pounds. I kept that weight off and in February went back to my low carb eating plan and have been able to continue losing.

I personally feel this thread was made to start some **** like all the others as I see how the condescending comments started flowing immediately.

I have a pituitary tumor and thyroid issues and doing the HCG plan helped my tumor to shrink and I was able to stop taking the Armour Thyroid medicine. My intent was to be more healthy and get off medications - the weight loss was merely an added benefit.

By the way - Do you all make fun of women that have to take the SAME HCG injections of like 100 times higher dosage when she is going through fertility treatments???????????????

It is the same HCG they prescribe to inject when you are going through IVF treatments. Ask me how I know.

Why can't everyone just be respectful of one another as we all travel down a different road to get to the same destination........
  • Grokette
    Options
    Its still pretty new. I've heard women say it messes up their cycle which leads me to believe it messes with your fertility so I'd consider this a no-go for anyone who may still want to conceive....why take the chance?

And the HCG plan is NOT new. It has been around since the 1950's and was thoroughly researched in the 1940's by Dr Simeons.

Actually it has the reverse affect on most women and the HCG plan works well with women that have PCOS and other metabolic or Endocrine issues. I know at least 5 women that were on the HCG plan and ended up pregnant and my doctor told me that is common due to the uses of HCG in conjunction with fertility treatments, in which I have personally been down that road also.

STOP putting down people for going an alternate way as you don't know what others are personally going through.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Wow, so much hate.

So should people eating and puking up their dinner be supported as well and not judged? Sorry, but this website is about doing it HEALTHY....and a 500 calorie/day diet is anything BUT that. If something isn't healthy and you post about it here in these forums, you WILL hear about it. Get used to it. I suggest they go to the HCG website and chat it up with people that bought into the marketing scam, so they can all feel comfy and cozy.

VERY VERY true if there is onething MFP does not lack in its sanctimonious bulls**T
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    Its still pretty new. I've heard women say it messes up their cycle which leads me to believe it messes with your fertility so I'd consider this a no-go for anyone who may still want to conceive....why take the chance?

And the HCG plan is NOT new. It has been around since the 1950's and was thoroughly researched in the 1940's by Dr Simeons.

Actually it has the reverse affect on most women and the HCG plan works well with women that have PCOS and other metabolic or Endocrine issues. I know at least 5 women that were on the HCG plan and ended up pregnant and my doctor told me that is common due to the uses of HCG in conjunction with fertility treatments, in which I have personally been down that road also.

STOP putting down people for going an alternate way as you don't know what others are personally going through.

you know how it is on here, knowlegde is not important, its in how often and how loud and how rude you can be, that always makes up for lack of true information
  • killagb
    Options
    Seriously - no judgement coming from me if it worked. I dont want to scare off potential posters.
    I just only hear about people 'starting' the diet. Not maintaining the weightloss.

I figured at least one or two people should be able to defend it with sustained loss...right?

I will take that beer!

Yes, I have. I did 2 rounds of doctor prescribed HCG and did daily injections and lost 38 pounds. I kept that weight off and in February went back to my low carb eating plan and have been able to continue losing.

I personally feel this thread was made to start some **** like all the others as I see how the condescending comments started flowing immediately.

I have a pituitary tumor and thyroid issues and doing the HCG plan helped my tumor to shrink and I was able to stop taking the Armour Thyroid medicine. My intent was to be more healthy and get off medications - the weight loss was merely an added benefit.

By the way - Do you all make fun of women that have to take the SAME HCG injections of like 100 times higher dosage when she is going through fertility treatments???????????????

It is the same HCG they prescribe to inject when you are going through IVF treatments. Ask me how I know.

Why can't everyone just be respectful of one another as we all travel down a different road to get to the same destination........
    People aren't against HCG because of the actual HCG....it's the VLCD that they put you on that many on here are very against, including myself. The injection is fairly pointless with regards to it all, so it's certainly not that aspect that people dislike.
  • Grokette
    Options

I will take that beer!

People aren't against HCG because of the actual HCG....it's the VLCD that they put you on that many on here are very against, including myself. The injection is fairly pointless with regards to it all, so it's certainly not that aspect that people dislike.

The injection is not pointless. I have done the VLCD both with and without the HCG injection.

Without it and eating about 600-700 calories per day, I lasted 3 days due to being so weak and tired I couldn't function and lets not even talk about the hunger........and I lost a pound or 2 of weight.

With the HCG injections - I was never hungry, had to force myself to eat, lost weight and had lots of energy, plus slept very well. It did what it was supposed to do in regards to helping to shrink my pituitary tumor also.

You and others should really stop worrying about what others are doing and the alternative routes one may be taking. Instead worry about yourself and I will worry about me.
  • Grokette
    Options

you know how it is on here, knowlegde is not important, its in how often and how loud and how rude you can be, that always makes up for lack of true information

I don't know what that is supposed to mean?
  • killagb
    Options

I will take that beer!

The injection is not pointless. I have done the VLCD both with and without the HCG injection.

Without it and eating about 600-700 calories per day, I lasted 3 days due to being so weak and tired I couldn't function and lets not even talk about the hunger........and I lost a pound or 2 of weight.

With the HCG injections - I was never hungry, had to force myself to eat, lost weight and had lots of energy, plus slept very well. It did what it was supposed to do in regards to helping to shrink my pituitary tumor also.

You and others should really stop worrying about what others are doing and the alternative routes one may be taking. Instead worry about yourself and I will worry about me.
    I offer my opinion like anyone else on here. It's up to the reader to take it or classify it as rubbish. I'm more than focused on my own results....I'm at my goal(well I do have other goals but I'm at my weight goal). Thanks for your concern and I am honestly not that worried...just trying to spread information for those willing to hear it.
  • FairyMiss
    Options

I don't know what that is supposed to mean?

that is not at you it is agreeing with you
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

The staff of MyFitnessPal is actively reviewing our stance on topics that recommend or promote dieting methods that run counter to our site's own weight-loss recommendations.

In the meantime, please make sure to refrain from attacking or insulting other users.

Earnest and respectful debate on any message in the forums is acceptable. Attacking the messenger is not.

Please note the following forum rule:

4) Do not attack/slam/insult other users. The forums are here so that members can help support one another. Attacks or insults against each other takes away from the supportive atmosphere and will not be tolerated. You can discuss the message or topic, but not the messenger - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, YOU will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself, defending a friend, etc. are NOT excuses. Violations of this rule are taken very seriously and may result in being banned without warning! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

You may review the forum rules in their entirety at the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/14923-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting

Thanks for your understanding,
    CatCrazy
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.