C25K Training Group: October 16 to December 4, 2011

Options
This will be the official thread for anyone starting the C25K program the week of October 16. If I counted right we should be finished with the program the week of December 4th! Go us!!!!

I'm not a runner (and like I said before I'm not sure I want to be) but I want to see if I can do this at least once. I've been working out for 3 weeks and I can walk easily at a brisk pace on a small incline and I have jogged on the treadmill for 4 minutes straight at two different times so far.

Today my Mom and I went hiking and we jogged a few intervals and the starting and stopping were ROUGH. LOL I thought the first week wouldn't be too bad but now I'm not too sure. I plan on doing W1D1 tomorrow!

Welcome trainees! Let's Go!

Replies

• Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    OK, I am going to jump in! I have done C25K before, but I want to do it again. I have joined a couple of challenges the past few months and, for various reasons (health, traveling, injury), I have had to drop out...I really want to try again. I am hoping to build back up slowly and get my knee working right again. Thanks for starting the thread!!
  • Silentspring
    Options
    I'm in! Started this morning, Monday 17th, it was fun. I have the android app from doublerun and some good music. The app was awesome it told me when to run/walk, and has gps built in so tracked my distances and speeds. Happy me and good luck to anyone else starting today. :)
  • lauratwigzy
    Options
    Me too! I just started it back up today!! Good luck to everyone!!
  • Magic_Girl
    Options
    Hmmm... sounds interesting, I have never done it before...and it ends the day before my birthday!!!! I will definitely join! :D
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    Count me in, I was starting it tomorrow and now there some great company to keep the motivation rolling.
    Haven't run for years, but willing to give it a go :bigsmile:
  • alittleazfamily
    alittleazfamily Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it tomorrow! I'm glad to see others in the same boat as me. I need the motivation! :)
  • srandle175
    Options
    Count me in! I have done couch 2 5k before but I did not finish. Maybe this time will be different. I am starting 10/17/2011.
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    What if I finished the first week today...is that okay?
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in also. please. Could someone please tell me what to download in order to follow along on my ipod????

Thanks so much!!!!
  • alhoward8
    Options
    What if I finished the first week today...is that okay?

Sure! You can keep giving us previews of the comin week. :)
  • alhoward8
    Options
    I would like to join in also. please. Could someone please tell me what to download in order to follow along on my ipod????

Thanks so much!!!!

There are several apps on iTunes, I downloaded 5K runner (free app). This one shows you the days training schedule and audio cues for walkng and running. You just start your music and then pull up the app. It will lower the volume on the music just long enough to give you the instructions and then your music goes back to your set volume.

I didn't feel like paying for an app when there were free ones available, but when I do my first session this evening I will consider paying for one if I don't like this one.

Good luck!
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Ok! I am in. I was planning on starting tomorrow (Tuesday). Never joined a challenge before. How do we stay connected??
  • alhoward8
    Options
    Ok! I am in. I was planning on starting tomorrow (Tuesday). Never joined a challenge before. How do we stay connected??

2 Ways:

1) Keep posting updates and encouragement on this thread.
    2) Add the challenge members as friends

I just sent out friend invites to everyone who has posted to the thread. I'm kind of excited to start this! :)
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    If excited means scared to death....then me too!!! Made a declaration that I was going to start once before, but then fell down the stairs and hobbled my knee for weeks. Going to try this!!
  • cowgrl84
    cowgrl84 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join this challenge. I've been wanting to start C25k for a couple weeks now, maybe this will give me the motivation to do it. :)
  • nikkiloseit
    nikkiloseit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I would love to start! :)
  • Jones4177
    Jones4177 Posts: 136
    Options
    I'm in - did Week1 Day 1 yesterday, will be doing next day tomorrow.
  • wyangel
    wyangel Posts: 36
    Options
    Yay! I just started today, too! But the 9 weeks will be up the week of the 16th of Dec. I'm shooting to lose 20 pounds by Christmas using the C25K and MFP. Here we go!
  • dianerml
    dianerml Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join this group. I'll start this afternoon probably.
  • Rebroland
    Rebroland Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I was planning on starting tomorrow anyways when I saw this thread :)

I have started a couple of times before and only made it up to week three. I want to lose 60 lbs before my wedding on September 2nd and hopefully a good chunk of it before I buy my dress :)