!!!SERIOUS SHREDDERS!!! 17TH OCTOBER 2011 :o)

Options

Replies

• sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    L1 DAY 5 and 6 done. Looking forward to day 7 tomorrow.
    I really need to clean up my eating and add some cardio I feel like 30DS is not enough and yet I'm sore as heck lol.. guess I just really want to lose weight and break this plateau asap lol.
  • skpresley20
    skpresley20 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Did D5 L1 today and I'm finding it easier and easier to manage the squats, still can't to the push ups though but I am trying and hopefully I will be able to do everything straight through with no breaks by day 10.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 6 complete.
  • msenior
    msenior Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Day 7 level 1 done. I will be doing day 8 tonight. OMG my mind was not with it last night so i give it a miss. I was too tired from all that house work. I needed an early night.
    Hope you all had a good week end. I think I may start level 2 on wednesday.
    Happy shredding.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    did level 1 days 5 and 6 yesterday..forgot to post.
    level 1 day 7 done tonight!
  • stockers78
    stockers78 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    L1D8 done! One week in. SInce starting I've lost 2lb, lost 1 inch off waist and 2.5 inches off hips :-)
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    Shoo.. I have completed D6L1 on Saturday.. Took Sunday off as my knee was a tad sore.. But completed D7L1 this morning. I don't want to fall behind so will attempt D8L1 this afternoon when I get home.

Can anyone help me understand why my one knee is sore only. Is it because of the impact on the exercises or could it be the girl pushups on a tiled floor. It's not unbearably sore or anything. In fact it felt okay when I did the shred this morning but it's still sore now a little.
  • vegangirl88
    vegangirl88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    So I never actually got round to doing the shred last night as the TV got taken over by my family who wanted to watch X Factor and Downton Abbey, and then by the time that was finished my little sister went to bed and I was told I couldn't do it as my "leaping around" (read: jumping jacks) would keep her awake. So I have just completed Day 7 Level 1 this morning and I will do Day 8 tonight : )

Can't believe it's been a week already : ) Good work guys! xxxx
  • erinserin
    erinserin Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Question...

I was planning to go up to level 2 on Wednesday after 10 days on level one but I just wanted to get thoughts..

I feel pretty comfortable doing the workout - I mean, I definitly work up a sweat! But Im never really huffing and puffing and about to pass out any more!!

But....I can only do half the push-ups on my feet, the rest I do on my knees.

So my question is...should I wait until I am able to do the whole workout at the hardest leven before going up??

Thanks!!!
  • erinserin
    erinserin Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Oh, and L1D9 Done!! :)
  • vegangirl88
    vegangirl88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Question...

I was planning to go up to level 2 on Wednesday after 10 days on level one but I just wanted to get thoughts..

I feel pretty comfortable doing the workout - I mean, I definitly work up a sweat! But Im never really huffing and puffing and about to pass out any more!!

So my question is...should I wait until I am able to do the whole workout at the hardest leven before going up??

Thanks!!!

Personally, I cannot do push ups, AT ALL. Not on my feet, not on my knees, nothing. Never have been able to either. I do a very strange modification that works me out but is definitely not a push up. If I stayed on Level 1 til I could do the "proper" push up, I'd never move on! However, the rest of the work out is getting pretty easy for me. So I figure that it's better to be challanged for the whole 20 minutes, rather than just working out comfortably for 18 minutes and 2 minutes where I really struggle. So on Wednesday, I will be moving up, even though I haven't mastered the push ups, because I want the whole 20 mintues to really push me. Does that make sense? xxx
  • lormc
    lormc Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Mixing up Level 1 and 2 has me all confused...Just done Level 1 again - day 8 in total, but day 7 of 1? I think?!

Yes definitely - 7 days of Level 1 and 1 day of Level2..
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    ok so i realised this morning that i just cant do the shred anymore - its boring for me (i've done it more than once already you see) so i've stuck on ripped in 30 this morning instead.

noone minds if i carry on posting on this thread do they?
  • mommynmotion
    mommynmotion Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Had a really bad time on my 5K yesterday. I have been running, sprinting only. I do that beacause the traedmill is so boring. I must get my endurance up...running nonstop was much harder than it should have been. Today...3 miles with no stopping!

L2D1 done and Jillian: killer buns and thighs!

Have a great day!
  • themehgetarian
    themehgetarian Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Morning, everyone. We got home from vacation way late last night, so I skipped yesterday and did L1D3 this morning. Will hit the elliptical and Pilates tonight. Hope everyone has a good Monday!
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Shoo.. I have completed D6L1 on Saturday.. Took Sunday off as my knee was a tad sore.. But completed D7L1 this morning. I don't want to fall behind so will attempt D8L1 this afternoon when I get home.

Can anyone help me understand why my one knee is sore only. Is it because of the impact on the exercises or could it be the girl pushups on a tiled floor. It's not unbearably sore or anything. In fact it felt okay when I did the shred this morning but it's still sore now a little.

I damaged my right knee doing the shred the first time, it took about a week or so before I felt it getting sore but it was from the side lunges and squats, I was allowing my knees to come forward too much, the left knee never got sore, I have no idea why, i was doing the exercise the same on both sides but it was the right knee that suffered, once I started listening to her imstructions properly I found that it injury started to heal.
    In the squats and lunges its all about sticking your butt out and keeping the knee behind the toes, otherwise you can damage the knee. Feels like there is fluid on the joint, not massively painful at first but if you keep doing it wrong you may find it gets worse and worse, I have friends who really suffered with this.
    Hope this helps :flowerforyou:
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Question...

Thanks!!!

On my first 30ds challenge I moved up to level 2 when I was at about your level, I wasn't doing all the pushups on my feet, just about half of them, the cardio had become easier and I was doing well with the strength exercises, I think you are ready to move up to level 2 but it's totally up to you, if you feel you want to stay on level 1 for a bit longer until you have got more out of it and mastered the pushups then why not stay with it but up your arm weights so you are pushing yourself in the areas you have already improved?

Well done, it sounds like you are doing really well.
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options

I damaged my right knee doing the shred the first time, it took about a week or so before I felt it getting sore but it was from the side lunges and squats, I was allowing my knees to come forward too much, the left knee never got sore, I have no idea why, i was doing the exercise the same on both sides but it was the right knee that suffered, once I started listening to her imstructions properly I found that it injury started to heal.
    In the squats and lunges its all about sticking your butt out and keeping the knee behind the toes, otherwise you can damage the knee. Feels like there is fluid on the joint, not massively painful at first but if you keep doing it wrong you may find it gets worse and worse, I have friends who really suffered with this.
    Hope this helps :flowerforyou:

It does.. I must just watch my form a little better and concentrate on doing it correctly. It may very well be that I'm doing it incorrectly. Thanks. Will let you know if it gets better :)
  • dreamz48
    dreamz48 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!

So I was so tired yesterday I forgot to post. So I am posting now. So yesterday I completed Day 7 Level 1!!!
    And this morning done Day 8 Level 1!!!

I still can't believe that I have managed to do eight days in a row! This is nuts to me! I want to thank everyone out there. You guys have been a big support.

Level 2 is coming up soon, and I'm scared to be honest, but I'll get through it, with everyones support. Thanks again!!
  • mbnharrison
    mbnharrison Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Just realized that our thread is now here :) Day 10 of Shred level 2 today!