6 week 6 pack challenge

Options

Replies

• susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 4 Level 1. I added weights with the long lever crunches ane the other exercise (where you raise opposite arm and leg) to see if I could get a little extra burn going. It sure burned my arms!! Everyone ahve a great Friday!:smile:
  • xhaller
    xhaller Posts: 95
    Options
    I finally got this DVD from my library. I did level 1 this morning before work. I like it!!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 4 Level 1. I added weights with the long lever crunches ane the other exercise (where you raise opposite arm and leg) to see if I could get a little extra burn going. It sure burned my arms!! Everyone ahve a great Friday!:smile:

nice- I should try! I added the weight in the second round when she does the diagonal crunches. I should do it on both rounds and on both of both exercises for an added burn! I can sure feel my abs burning every time I do the DVD.
    How many days a week are you going to do the 6wk 6pk? I was thinking to aim for 5days like she recommends in the beginning but I'm afraid my body will get used to the routine. Hmmm...
  • susanjackson66
    Options

nice- I should try! I added the weight in the second round when she does the diagonal crunches. I should do it on both rounds and on both of both exercises for an added burn! I can sure feel my abs burning every time I do the DVD.
    How many days a week are you going to do the 6wk 6pk? I was thinking to aim for 5days like she recommends in the beginning but I'm afraid my body will get used to the routine. Hmmm...

I plan on doing it 4-5 days a week, just depending on whats going on that week. I hope to do it once more this weekend but we have a lot of plans so not for sure if I can work it in yet.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    If it is okay...I may jump in here. Did my first day on Monday...didn't do squat yesterday.
    Will try to get back on the ab train tonight! Did anyone have problems with that awful side plank? I mean I was feeling it in my knees....and I have bad knees. Knew I had to be doing it wrong! Usually I am all over JM planks! :-)

those side planks were bothering me as well,but not in the knees... more like in the pelvis area. LOL TMI i know! i must be doing them wrong

Sorry to jump in but I did 6W6P tonight for the 1st time and had the same problem! I decided to skip the side planks alltogether and did walking push-ups instead!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I Would love to join this group starting on Monday!! I have done 6w/6p before and GOT AWESOME results...Please accept and add me to the group!!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I Would love to join this group starting on Monday!! I have done 6w/6p before and GOT AWESOME results...Please accept and add me to the group!!

Me too! Me too! Was starting on Monday.
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I want to join too!! I will be doing it today or tomorrow morning!!!!
  • cocolo89
    Options
    this is an open group, anyone is welcome to join anytime... we LOVE having more people! more people=more support :))) welcome everyone!
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    welcome new people! :flowerforyou:

Did my 6 pack this morning I do now know the routine move by move! I followed susanjackson's idea of adding a weight to the long levers and get ups, and I was surprised how much my heart rate went up actually! It is 3 weeks tomorrow since I started, so I'm unsure whether to measure, and also whether to move onto level 2 or do this level once more on Mon (I'm doing it every other day)
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I would also like to join :) I will prolly start today. I have restarted the Shred for a 2nd round of that and wanted to add something else to it and thought this would be perfect plus having a support system = even better. I have done a few weeks of 6w6p before and started to see results so figured if I combine the 2 hoping for greatness.
  • jrhstarlight
    Options
    Ok did Day 1 of Lvl 1 today :) which I also did 30DS right before hand.

I plan to do the workout on Lvl 1 for 3 weeks and then Lvl 2 for 3 weeks possibly only 5 days a week. I did add a little weight here and there and prolly by the end of the week I will add it to more moves. I always have a hard time doing the transition into the second round but once we hit the floor for a majority of the floor work its a piece of cake to finish. And I as well have a hard time with side planks for some reason my left side does really well but my right wants to cop out more which is funny because that is my dominant side hmmmm.
  • cocolo89
    Options
    alrighty- finished day 5? level 1 and also did 30 day shred and 35mins of treadmill intervals. Will be taking tomorrow off! Much needed..

I have a question- how do you calculate when you move into another week? Do you wait til you did 7days of it or when you enter a new week? Just curious cause I'm not sure how to plan mine out... hmmm
  • cocolo89
    Options
    I would also like to join :) I will prolly start today. I have restarted the Shred for a 2nd round of that and wanted to add something else to it and thought this would be perfect plus having a support system = even better. I have done a few weeks of 6w6p before and started to see results so figured if I combine the 2 hoping for greatness.

nice! welcome! Support is awesome when doing a workout dvd! I lose interest fast and want to quit sometimes, but when I know I have a group that's moving ahead, makes me feel guilty. lol I just finished doing 30 Day shred. had awesome results! hoping they continue with this one :))
  • susanjackson66
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 Level 1 completed today. Here are my measurements:

Weight - 143.2
    Chest - 37 .75
    Waist - 33.5
    Hips - 39.5

Ready to see those number go down!! Everyone have a blessed Sunday!:smile:
  • jrhstarlight
    Options
    alrighty- finished day 5? level 1 and also did 30 day shred and 35mins of treadmill intervals. Will be taking tomorrow off! Much needed..

I have a question- how do you calculate when you move into another week? Do you wait til you did 7days of it or when you enter a new week? Just curious cause I'm not sure how to plan mine out... hmmm

I am looking at it as this, Jillian says on the dvd she recommends 5 days which is what I will strive for so when I hit 5 days I have done a week so by the time I have completed 15 days of week 1 I can move to week 2 and therefore when I hit 15 days there I will have accomplished it. I plan to take a few days off of this workout mainly cause I am doing the Shred for 30 days straight and know I need a break somewhere lol. Anyone else with this train of thought??
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I am looking at it as this, Jillian says on the dvd she recommends 5 days which is what I will strive for so when I hit 5 days I have done a week so by the time I have completed 15 days of week 1 I can move to week 2 and therefore when I hit 15 days there I will have accomplished it. I plan to take a few days off of this workout mainly cause I am doing the Shred for 30 days straight and know I need a break somewhere lol. Anyone else with this train of thought??

I think this is a good way of looking at it. I am at the back end of week 3, I did it 6 days per week the first 2 weeks and am honestly sick of her now, having done it 3 or 4 times this week. That takes my total number of times just past your target and believe me I am more than ready to move on!!! :laugh:
  • bbrwneyes
    bbrwneyes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi, is it too late to join the challenge? I started the program a few weeks ago and didn't make it past week one, I would love to join the challenge for motivation and accountability. Thanks!
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm almost finish with the 6W6P and I have to say that I hated (actually I was scared of) those planks, I fell like 7 times!!! LOL My mom was always laughing about it. But it got better. I'm loving the workout, both levels, can't wait to finish it so I can take pics!
  • jrhstarlight
    Options
    Day 2 done :D