6 week 6 pack challenge

Replies

• cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Hi, is it too late to join the challenge? I started the program a few weeks ago and didn't make it past week one, I would love to join the challenge for motivation and accountability. Thanks!

never too late, welcome!
  • cocolo89
    alrighty- finished day 5? level 1 and also did 30 day shred and 35mins of treadmill intervals. Will be taking tomorrow off! Much needed..

I have a question- how do you calculate when you move into another week? Do you wait til you did 7days of it or when you enter a new week? Just curious cause I'm not sure how to plan mine out... hmmm

I am looking at it as this, Jillian says on the dvd she recommends 5 days which is what I will strive for so when I hit 5 days I have done a week so by the time I have completed 15 days of week 1 I can move to week 2 and therefore when I hit 15 days there I will have accomplished it. I plan to take a few days off of this workout mainly cause I am doing the Shred for 30 days straight and know I need a break somewhere lol. Anyone else with this train of thought??

makes sense. that's what i was thinking..
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Level 2 for the first time for me today. She totally and utterly KILLED me. I couldn't keep up at all when she wa sdouble-timing, took several breathers, worked so hard I got spots in front of my eyes and my HRM reckons I managed to burn 302 cals in just 30 mins!!! :noway:
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Hey everyone! I am actually not sure how many times I've done it..I guess between C25k and all...I am just going one every other day! Did a session yesterday and didn't burn as much calories on my HRM...which got me a little! I felt like I was giving it my all.....even through those awful side planks (which I still don't think I am doing right). All and all...feeling pretty good though...hope everyone else is doing jam up as well!
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Bump!
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Completed Week 2 Day 2 Level 1 today. I will probably do Level 1 for the rest of this week then move on to Level 2. Everyone have a great Monday!:smile:
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Day 1 Week 1 over!! I can't believe that dvd...maybe one of the worst yet!! Might not help that I did Ripped in 30 right before it though!
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Day 1 Week 1 over!! I can't believe that dvd...maybe one of the worst yet!! Might not help that I did Ripped in 30 right before it though!

Whew smurfette...you are a machine to do both of those. I did the C25K yesterday....and just couldn't bring myself to add the 6pack too. Thought about it though...does that count? :laugh:
  • susanjackson66
    Week 2 Day 3 Level complete. How is everyone doing?
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Finished Day 3 today on lvl1. I was going to do it yesterday but my sides were in crazy pain. I didn't know if I did something wrong or right LOL. So I took a mini breather from it yesterday and WOW it helped I woke up with almost no pain so I feel I must have done something right!! I also did Shred making it 9 days in a row for that.
  • cocolo89
    Finished Day 3 today on lvl1. I was going to do it yesterday but my sides were in crazy pain. I didn't know if I did something wrong or right LOL. So I took a mini breather from it yesterday and WOW it helped I woke up with almost no pain so I feel I must have done something right!! I also did Shred making it 9 days in a row for that.

awesome work! I took yesterday and sunday off, now I have to stay focused the rest of the week! (kinda hard, TOM) but i NEED to do it! I did manage 40mins of treadmill yesterday! I better get started on week 2! Will post as soon as I finish!
  • cocolo89
    hey everyone! finished with day 1 week 2! I am not taking measurements this week cause they aren't accurate, I'm bloated and all that great stuff that comes with being a woman! oh well! well i'll see ya'll tomorrow ;)
  • jrhstarlight
    Yay day 4 one more day and I'm done with week 1. I will say I should have seen this coming , I am really bored with the same routine and I am sure it doesn't help that I am doing the Shred with it LOL. So I may alternate the weeks instead of doing 2 more weeks on lvl 1. How does that sound to everyone? I will prolly post measurements tomorrow, that is my weigh in day.
    @Corina yea that week will be tough for all of us I am sure, I am not looking forward to when mine comes to visit :( but will try to power through the best I can.
  • cocolo89
    Yay day 4 one more day and I'm done with week 1. I will say I should have seen this coming , I am really bored with the same routine and I am sure it doesn't help that I am doing the Shred with it LOL. So I may alternate the weeks instead of doing 2 more weeks on lvl 1. How does that sound to everyone? I will prolly post measurements tomorrow, that is my weigh in day.
    @Corina yea that week will be tough for all of us I am sure, I am not looking forward to when mine comes to visit :( but will try to power through the best I can.

i am getting really bored with it as well LOL... alternating levels sounds like a good idea... great job keeping up with both the shred and this. Believe it or not, i miss the shred. LOL...

today is day2 week2... woohoo
  • jrhstarlight
    I did level 2 day 5, whew forgot how tough the 2nd level is. I may need to go back to level 1 but I loved giving my body the change up it needed. I will see how much i do over the weekend, its hard to say. I know I will be eating out and might even go to the movies so I know I definitely need the workouts.

Forgot to add in: I am excited today I lost 1.6 lbs and 1" in my ribcage area something is working :D

Weight 166 lbs
    Waist ribcage 33"
    Waist bellybutton 39"
    Hips 40"
  • cocolo89
    I did level 2 day 5, whew forgot how tough the 2nd level is. I may need to go back to level 1 but I loved giving my body the change up it needed. I will see how much i do over the weekend, its hard to say. I know I will be eating out and might even go to the movies so I know I definitely need the workouts.

Forgot to add in: I am excited today I lost 1.6 lbs and 1" in my ribcage area something is working :D

Weight 166 lbs
    Waist ribcage 33"
    Waist bellybutton 39"
    Hips 40"

NICE!! awesome stats! I still need to measure, but my weight did go down. for 3 days it stayed the same, but today I am 1 lb less which makes me 1.7lbs less than when I started 6wk 6pk... :)

my obliques are really sore today (i did biggest loser boot camp, 6wk 6pk, and 40mins on the treadmill yesterday) anyone else's stomach burning while doing this DVD?? Whenever I do sit-ups where we add weights, IT BURNS!!

well here is to day 3v:drinker:
  • xhaller
    xhaller Posts: 95
    Worked out after work with 6w6p. I really like this video! I know that the high-intensity portions of her DVDs really burn the caloreis but sometimes it just feels exhausting to be going at cardio exercises with the intensity of a ninja. This 6w6p is a nice balance between a good level of challening but not over the top.
  • susanjackson66
    Completed Day 4 Week 2 Level 1 complete! This is probably my least favorite Jillian workout. But as long as it gives me results, like all her other ones, I will do it!!
  • jrhstarlight
    Worked out after work with 6w6p. I really like this video! I know that the high-intensity portions of her DVDs really burn the caloreis but sometimes it just feels exhausting to be going at cardio exercises with the intensity of a ninja. This 6w6p is a nice balance between a good level of challening but not over the top.

I agree completely I have a hard time going faster on the second go :( I mean really, Jillian!! The ninja intensity is spot on LOL.
    I also love this dvd, I'm sorry Susan you feel it is your least fav, but I felt the same about Killer Buns, its my least fav.
  • cocolo89
    day 4 week 2 is done! last day tomorrow for the week! woohoo! I also decided to do another DVD today for extra calories burn! (i over-ate) lol