• Chirron40
    Chirron40 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I would like to join.
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I would like to join.

Welcome, welcome! I'm so happy to have you join us. Feel free to share anything you'd like to tell us about your goals, your passions, your hopes.

I'm so excited to see we have 7 team members now! November, here we come!
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in. This is just what I need to put an extra boost in my efforts.
  • ImJDLookatME
    Options
    I look forward to this! Just can't splurge on Turkey day :P
  • MommyNemo
    MommyNemo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Love it.. I am in
  • tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Lookin forward to this
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    i\d love to join this too, being in the uk I don't have Thanksgiving but do have 3 of my children's birthdays
    i need to pick up my strength training too and this will give me the push to make it routine
  • thompsoj05
    thompsoj05 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Never have joined a challenge, but it is the challenge that makes me motivated.
  • BerylX
    BerylX Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    This looks like something I can do! Please count me in!!!
  • missyyclaire
    Options
    I'm thrilled that we have 12 members who've signed up for the Autumn Leaves Challenge. It puts a bounce in my step to know that we'll all be there for each other! I'm a few days from the end of my first challenge, Costume Changers...and it's truly helped me keep going. With that extra push that I needed I'm close to the goals. It's okay that I probably won't reach the 5% goal of weight loss, at least I'm farther along than when I started almost 6 weeks ago!

To have another challenge to jump straight into will be good for me and I hope it'll be good for y'all. Please feel free to post anything here about yourself, your latest favorite healthy food, what keeps you going, where you are on your journey...anything that comes to mind. I think the more we get to know each other, the more we'll bond as we go forward on this challenge.
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I'm a costume changer too and have no way I''ll reach my 5% either, I have been juggling 4lb all summer, just hope it' will shift soon, this is a great challenge focusing on strength rather than calorie burn or hours worked out
  • missyyclaire
    Options
    I'm a costume changer too and have no way I''ll reach my 5% either, I have been juggling 4lb all summer, just hope it' will shift soon, this is a great challenge focusing on strength rather than calorie burn or hours worked out

I totally understand about the juggling...it can be really disheartening. Maybe you and I can take this frustration and aim it at finding a solution. From everything I read and hear, strength training is essential to losing weight. I've put off and put off adding it to my days. No more! I've now got a little piece of gear in my garage I can use and I'm thinking I should join my community college gym for November. It's just $20 for the month.

Something that's helped me the past 2 days is a podcast that was recommended here on MFP. It's called "Cut the fat podcast". The two people on it give advice about what to eat in relation to exercise...which is something I've not really considered before now. It's a free podcast that you can listen to via an iPhone...or iTunes, I think, or an iPod. I've listened to the 1st 4 episodes while driving, gardening and walking...and ended up repeating them cuz i want to absorb what they're saying.

Anyhoo, glad to have you on the team for November...let's move that scale!
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    i would LOVE to join if you still have some room. I am a Costume Changer as well. I started off really well but the past few weeks I have fallen more and more behind. I would really like to find a group to keep me positive and motivated....espeically with the holidays coming up!!! :ohwell: So here's to November!!! We can do this!!!! :drinker:
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join if it's not too late :smile:

I am in Australia so technically it is spring here but the challenges sound great and I would love to be part this group!!

After having a little break from all things diet and exercise :blushing: I am ready to start again and hopefully finally make it to my goal. I really need a challenge like this to get me going.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Amanda
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Count me in! It's my first challenge, and I think it will be just my speed!
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    Count me in! Oh by the way i alphabatized your spreadsheet. for future reference all you need to do is hit the data button and then the sort spreadsheet from A to A-Z and it will do it for you automattically Good luck everyone
  • FitnessDivaK
    Options
    BUMP
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you all in this challenge!

I see a lot of us Costume Changers in here... and that is super! I am going to hurry up and get my 100miles in so i can take a couple days off before this challenge starts.
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I just saw this challenge and I really want to do this... it's more realistic with the way I exercise... please count me in.

Thanks