Autumn Leaves November '11 Challenge

Options

Replies

• carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge. I need to make sure that I add strength training to my program. Do I need to do anything else to join in??
    Carla
  • carhicks
    Options
    Well, I am fortunate that I am retired so have a lot of time. I decided that this was time to take care of me. My weekly routine looks like this, at least on paper. I have not been 100% but have been close to 65%. I would love to do it all and that is my hope.

Mon/Wed/Sat - Water Aerobics with 20 minutes of strength training with free weights
    Tues/ Thurs/Fri - ride the stationary bike for 30 to 40 minutes using the interval program and do 30 to 40 minutes of strength training on the machines
    Sun - Zumba and swim lengths
    I try to take the dog for a walk everyday for 1 to 2 miles depending on the time, weather etc.
    I am hoping to fit in one more day with swimming and one more Zumba if I can.

Again, I am retired so do not have to go to work everyday and my kids are grown. I know this sounds rather daunting, but I need to take care of me if I want to live past 60. I have been diagnosed as diabetic and am now taking several different medications that I really want to either get off of or at least cut down. The challenges help to keep me on track.

On another note, the Hallowe'en candy is killing me. I bought enough for 90 kids and only had 13 show up. I need to get it out of the house or get my husband and daughter to eat it. Wish me luck.
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    @ carhicks - I hear ya about the Halloween candy. I'm bringing the rest of mine to the office!!
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    due to financial issues I may need to cancel my gym contract. I do have the 30 day shred dvd that I just bought yesterday. Does that count as strength training or is there something more I need to do? And if so...what could I do to help myself out and to continue being apart of this challenge??

I wish you all the best of luck. It seems like this group is going to be great support for one another!!!

That's all I'm doing for my strength training (30-Day Shred). I don't belong to a gym, I just don't have the time!

Yup this is me...no gym here doing 30 day shred
  • sherrisloan
    sherrisloan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    So today I only did ripped in 30 due to Grandma in hospital. So I counted it as strenght training. Hope everyone has a wonderful nights sleep. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • wren176
    wren176 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great first day! This is a great challenge!
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    I hit the gym on my way home and did a hill interval workout on the treadmill and arms on the machines.

I am ready to go on this challenge! My GRRRR moment was at 5:45 am when the scale said I had gained a lb. TOM needs to hurry up and go away!

TTFN!
    Angel
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Well, I am fortunate that I am retired so have a lot of time. I decided that this was time to take care of me. My weekly routine looks like this, at least on paper. I have not been 100% but have been close to 65%. I would love to do it all and that is my hope.

Mon/Wed/Sat - Water Aerobics with 20 minutes of strength training with free weights
    Tues/ Thurs/Fri - ride the stationary bike for 30 to 40 minutes using the interval program and do 30 to 40 minutes of strength training on the machines
    Sun - Zumba and swim lengths
    I try to take the dog for a walk everyday for 1 to 2 miles depending on the time, weather etc.
    I am hoping to fit in one more day with swimming and one more Zumba if I can.

Again, I am retired so do not have to go to work everyday and my kids are grown. I know this sounds rather daunting, but I need to take care of me if I want to live past 60. I have been diagnosed as diabetic and am now taking several different medications that I really want to either get off of or at least cut down. The challenges help to keep me on track.

On another note, the Hallowe'en candy is killing me. I bought enough for 90 kids and only had 13 show up. I need to get it out of the house or get my husband and daughter to eat it. Wish me luck.

Wow sounds like you have a great plan!!! Awesome!!! And I hear ya on the Halloween candy!!! Its just so tempting!!! :)
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    First day, check
    Walked 1.46 miles at 3mph
    Tony Hortons' Ten Minute Miracle (hooey, I am a beginner!)*
    5 minutes of TRX work, squats and cossack stance

*This video is free to watch on Dr Oz' website.

Ate a big dinner with friends over. I cooked the "America's Test Kitchen- Chicken Pot Pie"....and may I recommend it! It's a superb recipe. It is NOT a diet food. I'll eat better tomorrow.

I cheesed out of joining that college gym today...don't know if it was cuz it was rather small, or if it was the old geezer manning it...or if I just chickened out. I do think I need to join it, or something for my strength training, though Tony Horton kicked my rear today! If I'm going to do this, surely my pushups will improve. I pushup like a wimpy girl!

Oh, I got a protein shake today, Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Isolate. I was cringing when I tried it cuz some of these are kind of gaggy. Not this one, it really tasted nice. I'm going to use it after my ST workouts. Lots of BCAA's....which I'm just beginning to understand can help burn fat as it helps repair muscle.

Nite nite, team
  • kludgood
    kludgood Posts: 172
    Options
    Day one strength training complete. Ive startd 30 day shred and thursday i move up to level 2 :/.
  • sherrisloan
    sherrisloan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I woke up early today so I got 3 miles in with my Lolo burn beat, and 30 mins on Ripped in 30. Thinking of doing some yoga tonight. Have a fabulous day everyone.
  • LilysMom28
    Options
    :happy:

We are picking up our new dog tonight!! Can't wait to have a walking buddy!!!
  • jmorgan66661
    jmorgan66661 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    why cant i get this banner to post what am i doing wrong..
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options

I just adopted a doy 10days ago that has no leash training. He is about 50pounds, so needless to say I am getting a killer arm workout whenever I walk him! HAHA!

Best of luck with your new pooch!
  • LilysMom28
    Options

I just adopted a doy 10days ago that has no leash training. He is about 50pounds, so needless to say I am getting a killer arm workout whenever I walk him! HAHA!

Best of luck with your new pooch!

Thanks!! You too!!! :)
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    i've walked 9 miles so far, not had a chance to do any strength training yet but will hopefully squeeze some in tonight
  • carhicks
    Options

I love taking my dog for walks and he loves it too. We are up to 2 miles in 30ish minutes. When I say "Biggie want to go for a walk" he starts to jump up at his leash, then away we go. You will love it.

Day 2 and I have done my strength training each day (15 minutes yesterday, 30 today). I did not get in the zumba class today that I was hoping for, but did the water aerobics and swam some lengths. Overall a pretty good day. Oh yeah, I stayed under my calories too.
  • The_Wallflower
    The_Wallflower Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am glad to have this challenge started already! I am sooooo close to being in onederland! I have been involved in a major production for the last 3 months and it has had me majorly distracted.. The GOOD news is that I didn't gain any weight, but I didn't lose either. Back on track now though!
  • GINAvsGINA
    GINAvsGINA Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    It is day 2 and I have done well with my exercising. Yesterday I walked during both of my breaks at work and last night walked at track in our local Rec center for a hour. Also I completed some strength training about 25 mins. Today I have walked for 30 mins and done a 30 cardio video and 20 min strength training regimen. Needless to say my body is feeling the effects, definitely out of shape but I'm pushing forward.
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    I'm sooo excited. I loved being a gym rat today. I went to the 5:45 cardio kickboxing class then stayed for the 7:15 Zumba class right after. I had so much fun and can't imagine how many calories I burned! I can not find calories for the kickboxing class anywhere!

I pray my body will forgive me for the 2 hours today by being nice on the scale and not getting too sore.

I want this Onederland so bad I can almost taste it!!!

Angel