Autumn Leaves November '11 Challenge

Options

Replies

• carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Did a water aerobics class and took the dog for a nice 2 mile walk today. Did 150 pushups for another challenge I am in. I did not do any strength training today, took a break cause my arms and legs were sore. I also lost another 2 pounds. I can't believe how fast it is coming off, but I guess that is because I went almost a month without losing anything. All I can say is Woo Hoo!
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Did a water aerobics class and took the dog for a nice 2 mile walk today. Did 150 pushups for another challenge I am in. I did not do any strength training today, took a break cause my arms and legs were sore. I also lost another 2 pounds. I can't believe how fast it is coming off, but I guess that is because I went almost a month without losing anything. All I can say is Woo Hoo!

Well I think 150 pushups counts for strength training! Whaddya think girls???

Gosh, It's so uplifting to hear how everyone is doing, how their exercise is kicking up some happy feelings...yay team!!

I did my first 5K today and it was so fun! I'm thinking of doing one next Sunday too! I only wish I could've brought my dog, she would have loved it!
  • FitnessDivaK
    Options
    Hey guys!!! I must admit that this week I've been OFF! Not only with finding the time to work out, but with eating as well! Going out for lunch, my best friend's bday...AARRRGGGGHH!!! Too much eating and not enough working out. But I still have 3 days to kick it up a notch and I am COMMITTED to reaching my goals for this week! I can do this! I WILL do this!!!
  • wren176
    wren176 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Good morning challenge members! Did everyone remember to set their clocks back? I enjoyed the extra hour of sleep. Hope everyone has a fantastic Sunday! I'm going to try and get a hike in with the family this afternoon.
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone. Had a nice sleep, got up and went to church, then worked out (rode bike, did some strength training, did a Zumba class) for about an hour and a half. Could not stay for the whole Zumba class cause after riding the bike, I was a little tired. Still getting in lots of water and that is really helping so far this month. Hope everyone has a great day.
  • GINAvsGINA
    GINAvsGINA Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Huge accomplishment for me today, I use to work out 5 days a week a year ago and since I started using MFP and working out again I found I had no endurance. Today I completed 53 mins on the stationary bike which is huge as I usually can only go for about 20 mins or so. I'm proud of myself and will push to do even better next time. Praying this week is as good as the past couple have been. I appreciate all the support I get from my MFP friends it means so much to me.
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!!! I must admit that this week I've been OFF! Not only with finding the time to work out, but with eating as well! Going out for lunch, my best friend's bday...AARRRGGGGHH!!! Too much eating and not enough working out. But I still have 3 days to kick it up a notch and I am COMMITTED to reaching my goals for this week! I can do this! I WILL do this!!!

you can do it!!!! :smile:
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Huge accomplishment for me today, I use to work out 5 days a week a year ago and since I started using MFP and working out again I found I had no endurance. Today I completed 53 mins on the stationary bike which is huge as I usually can only go for about 20 mins or so. I'm proud of myself and will push to do even better next time. Praying this week is as good as the past couple have been. I appreciate all the support I get from my MFP friends it means so much to me.

That is so great.
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Well got all my strength in for the challenge and already got my 1st 15 miles in. Feeling good. Hope everyone else is doing great and had a wonderful weekend.
  • FitnessDivaK
    Options

Thanks!!! Yesterday I hit the stationary bike and walked a little. Now I'm only about 6 miles from this week's goal. When I hit the stationary bike this evening and tomorrow I'm sure I'll be OVER this week's goal!!! YAY!
  • missyyclaire
    Options
    I need to do the same...hit the recumbent bike in my garage and log some more miles. So far my miles this week have come from walking, just over 10 now. Actually, a lot of those miles specifically came from hiking 2 different nature trails in my area. I've found them both to be lovely areas to 'get away from it all'. My dog loves them too. Today I may go try a new one that I found on Saturday as I was driving.

It's so nice to read how you're all doing. Keep posting, it helps me!

I have to say, I'm so glad we're not weighing in on Mondays. There is something about Tuesday that seems so...humane. We all know weekends can bring on a little indulgence. Even if it's small ones like I had yesterday, there's still a wee bit of guilt from it. And not having to get on the scale the day after is rather freeing. It's like a day to re-set. Ahhhhh.....
  • LilysMom28
    Options

Thanks!!! Yesterday I hit the stationary bike and walked a little. Now I'm only about 6 miles from this week's goal. When I hit the stationary bike this evening and tomorrow I'm sure I'll be OVER this week's goal!!! YAY!

That's awsome! keep it up!!
  • LilysMom28
    Options
    I have to say, I'm so glad we're not weighing in on Mondays. There is something about Tuesday that seems so...humane. We all know weekends can bring on a little indulgence. Even if it's small ones like I had yesterday, there's still a wee bit of guilt from it. And not having to get on the scale the day after is rather freeing. It's like a day to re-set. Ahhhhh.....

Ain't that the truth!!! LOL :laugh:
  • LilysMom28
    Options
    I feel pretty good about my first week!! I did my 3 days of strength which I hope to increase this next week. I could probably get some more miles in but I"m hoping to walk the dog now each morning.
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Week One:
    Not only did I do 20.34 miles the first week of the challenge, but I met my personal goal of doing every mile on the elliptical! Pretty funny, when I think about the fact that the first time I got on the darned thing, I could only last 2 minutes!

Also, I did half an hour of strength training each day I worked out, rather than the 15 minutes. I really want to jump-start my personal fitness program, so I'm hitting it hard, at least these first two weeks. Good luck everyone! Let's DO this!
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Gahh...haven't been able to get the miles in since the weather turned rainy here (I usually walk/jog outside since I don't belong to a gym). At least I've been keeping up with the strength training, which also incorporates some cardio. Hoping for a little sunshine this afternoon so I can go for a jog. =)
  • missyyclaire
    Options
    Gahh...haven't been able to get the miles in since the weather turned rainy here (I usually walk/jog outside since I don't belong to a gym). At least I've been keeping up with the strength training, which also incorporates some cardio. Hoping for a little sunshine this afternoon so I can go for a jog. =)

If weather is icky, Malls are a great way to get a walk and a gawk in!
  • The_Wallflower
    The_Wallflower Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am sick. Crazy fever and I can't breathe. Haven't
    Been able to work out much, BUT my scales are seeming promising at least! lol
  • sherrisloan
    sherrisloan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ok last week was pretty ok. It shows I lost 5 lbs but that just means I'm back to where I was bf I took October off. So reallly need to up the water this week and treadmill time as well. Thinking of joining the gym again. I have a treadmill at home but I really miss the machines. Hand weight are great but I feel I get more out of machines, and really miss the zumba classes. Hope everyone has a fabulous week with lots of progress!! Everyone have a Super Blessed Week!!!!!!! :smooched: :smooched: :smooched:
  • sherrisloan
    sherrisloan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better very soon!!! (((Hugs)))