Replies

• jenmorris01
    Options
    I am in! I added my name to the sheet!
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is "do day"....let's do it!

My friend and I went to a State Park today and took a nice long hike along a rather hilly trail. I was so proud of our dog...we let her off leash and she did great. She'd run ahead a little bit, then turn around and wait for us til we got to her, then she'd run on ahead again....our little trail dog! We got in a coupla really good miles with a nice variation in the terrain to make those legs work!

My plan tomorrow is to go join that gym so I can start the strength training. If it's affordable, I might look into a training session or two. Maybe if they're students they'll be a little less expensive? I'm thinking a brushup on form and technique couldn't hurt.

Welcome to our newest team members. We've got 36 now! Everyone be sure to weigh in tomorrow! Thank you all for joining in. Here we go!
  • vanb0052
    vanb0052 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Grrr....was up and at the gym by 5 am, and the morning person no-showed. Waited around for 20 min and came home. Unfortunately I don't have a scale at home yet, so will use my last weigh in from Sunday as my start. Plus, I'm getting 3 wisdom teeth out after work today, so may not feel up to going to the gym tonight or tomorrow morning. What a horrible way to start this challenge. I can still get in at least 3 days before next Tuesday though!!

Hope you all are having a better day one!!!
  • ladykaty87
    Options
    This sounds great! Count me in!
  • FitnessDivaK
    Options
    I'm in!!!!
  • missyyclaire
    Options
    Grrr....was up and at the gym by 5 am, and the morning person no-showed. Waited around for 20 min and came home. Unfortunately I don't have a scale at home yet, so will use my last weigh in from Sunday as my start. Plus, I'm getting 3 wisdom teeth out after work today, so may not feel up to going to the gym tonight or tomorrow morning. What a horrible way to start this challenge. I can still get in at least 3 days before next Tuesday though!!

I'm growling with you! 5am and that person didn't show up? Grrrrrrr! I know the next few days are going to be an extra challenge for you, but it will eventually pass. Remember, this is all about consistency and getting back up and going again if you have to take a day or so for other reasons. Heal well and quickly and don't push any harder than you feel is right while you're recovering.

Thinking of you! And thinking you're one tough girl for even being up at 5am!
  • missyyclaire
    Options
    This sounds great! Count me in!

Welcome to day !. Glad to have you joining us!
  • missyyclaire
    Options
    I'm in!!!!

Excellent! Here we go!
  • wren176
    wren176 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies I am so excited to start a new challenge. I am fairly new here so please feel free to friend me. I have tried to go through and add ladies from our challenge but i know I have missed quite a few. I am starting body by vi this week. Have any of you tried it? What kind of results did you have?
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    due to financial issues I may need to cancel my gym contract. I do have the 30 day shred dvd that I just bought yesterday. Does that count as strength training or is there something more I need to do? And if so...what could I do to help myself out and to continue being apart of this challenge??

I wish you all the best of luck. It seems like this group is going to be great support for one another!!!
  • jmorgan66661
    jmorgan66661 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    im in!!
  • jmorgan66661
    jmorgan66661 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Okay I think i got it
  • sherrisloan
    sherrisloan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Anyone looking for a program for the treadmill should take a look at Lolo burn beat. They tell you what speed and incline to use and even pick songs that match that speed. I love it!!! I never get bored with the treadmill. It's an app for the iphone. Still trying to add everyone. Takes forever i really wish they didn't limit friend request!!!!:ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    due to financial issues I may need to cancel my gym contract. I do have the 30 day shred dvd that I just bought yesterday. Does that count as strength training or is there something more I need to do? And if so...what could I do to help myself out and to continue being apart of this challenge??

I wish you all the best of luck. It seems like this group is going to be great support for one another!!!

That's all I'm doing for my strength training (30-Day Shred). I don't belong to a gym, I just don't have the time!
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options

That's all I'm doing for my strength training (30-Day Shred). I don't belong to a gym, I just don't have the time!

great! I was worried I might not be able to do the challenge then! Thanks for the help!
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options

I hope everything goes well with your teeth tonight. :smile:
  • kludgood
    kludgood Posts: 172
    Options
    Is it to late to join? Ive been looking for a group to keep my accountable but i always get to them
    A little late.. But i would love to join
  • missyyclaire
    Options

From the very little i know about 30 day shred, yes, it would qualify. It seems to be a combination of cardio and strength training, so yes! Go for it!
  • missyyclaire
    Options
    im in!!

Be sure to sign in on the spreadsheet. Instructions for this are on page one of this thread. Glad to have you here!
  • missyyclaire
    Options
    Is it to late to join? Ive been looking for a group to keep my accountable but i always get to them
    A little late.. But i would love to join

Glad to have you and no, it's not too late to join. Sign up instructions are on page one...

Welcome!