For all you pizza lovers... Doughless Pizza Recipe :)

Options
jsteinberg87
jsteinberg87 Posts: 146 Member
I know this sounds crazy. Pizza dough out of cauliflower!!!!?? Let me tell you. Its amazing. You can make this on a baking sheet and cut into squares if you wish.... Literally the entire pizza is around 430 calories. Best thing EVER to suit your pizza craving!

Ingredients

•1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
•1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
•1 egg, beaten
•1 teaspoon dried oregano
•½ teaspoon crushed garlic
•½ teaspoon garlic salt
•olive oil (optional)
•pizza sauce, shredded cheese and choice of your toppings*
Instructions

To "rice" the Cauliflower: Take 1 large head of fresh cauliflower, remove stems and leaves, and chop the florets into chunks. Add to food processor and pulse until it looks like grain. Do not over-do pulse or you will puree it. (If you don't have a food processor, you can grate the whole head with a cheese grater). Place the riced cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes. There is no need to add water, as the natural moisture in the cauliflower is enough to cook itself. One large head should produce approximately 3 cups of riced cauliflower. The remainder can be used to make additional pizza crusts immediately, or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.

To Make the Pizza Crust:

1.Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
2.In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Add oregano, crushed garlic and garlic salt, stir. Transfer to the cookie sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a 9" round. Optional: Brush olive oil over top of mixture to help with browning.
3.Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
4.Remove from oven.
5.To the crust, add sauce, toppings and cheese. Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted (approximately 3-4 minutes).
*Note: Toppings need to be precooked since you are only broiling for a few minutes.

Replies

• sugarsnacker
    Options
    I love cauliflower and pizza - Thanks for the recipe!
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I've tried this... but didn't get the best results. I hated it. My husband thought it tasted like pizza toppings on a hash brown.

But the kids... they didn't even notice anything was different. It was definitely a good way to sneak healthy vegetables into their diet!

I'd love to hear what other people thought of it.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    bump THANKS!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I have to try this!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    hmm might have to try it, heard about people doing this but, hadnt gotten an actuall recipe
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I think I'd like to try this
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hmm seems I need to go buy some cauliflower :D Thanks for the recipe
  • aguilarrumiko
    aguilarrumiko Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Tnx for the recipe!! :-)

bump
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this - Thanks
  • tinkerbella01
    Options
    sounds soooo yummy! I can't wait to try it :happy:
  • RebelBrew
    Options
    SOUNDS GOOD
  • chubbychristianchick
    Options
    We make this but with a few modifications. I use reduced fat cheese and egg whites.... I also use turkey pepperoni
  • blarics11
    Options
    definitly gonna try this next week! Thanks!
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten-free, so this is a WONDERFUL idea for me, and I just happen to have a head of cauliflower in my fridge right now! Thanks for the tip!!
  • newMe936
    Options
    Wow! Oh yes, Im trying this. Thanks
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried this myself but heard about it. A gluten-free friend tried it and her husband, (non-gluten-free) tried it and he said it was "REALLY good." Of course, everyone's different, but he's not from a vegetable-loving family so that says something. It sounds labor-intensive to me, but who knows?
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried this, but have the recipe as well. From what I've heard from everyone who's had it....it's pretty awesome!! :)
  • gbl4
    gbl4 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thank you! I will try this variation immediately! I am always looking for healthy alternatives to long time favorites. Cauliflower is also good as a variation on Alfredo Sauce (w/o the cheese or cream). Thanks again!