For all you pizza lovers... Doughless Pizza Recipe :)

Options

Replies

• jsteinberg87
    jsteinberg87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Its totally delicious in my opinion - as a chef (yes I'm a chef too LOL) - make sure you cook your veggies outside of the pizza, the water in the veggies, and the water in the cauliflower could make for a soggy pizza!!!

When I first tried it, it reminded me of... Chile Rellanos... maybe I'm crazy, but I prefer this to other pizza!!

(I carmelize onions, garlic, bell peppers, use turkey sausage, and saute a little bit of spinach on mine before I put it on the broiler!!!)

Happy Eating!

PS - As a chef, I have lots of healthy recipes to try! Message me if you interested in a specific thing you want to make, I could try and tailor it to something calorie friendly!
  • pomesky
    pomesky Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Would it work to cook the cauliflower first and then put it through a ricer? Is the cauliflower too tough for a ricer?
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    so how many calories would this "Crust" be compared to a regular pizza crust?
  • poutinEeyore
    poutinEeyore Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe.
  • galaxyfun1
    Options
    this sounds amazing. I am definately going to give it a try. Thanks so much for posting the recipe :)
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    bump..Thank You
  • Mandakat17
    Options
    bump
  • Boo_08
    Boo_08 Posts: 102
    Options
    bump
  • FlexAppeal79
    FlexAppeal79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Gracias Mamacita! Buuuuump! :happy:
  • jpowers416
    jpowers416 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • kenyabloodstone
    Options
    going to have to try this recipe thanks
  • sporter5
    sporter5 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jsteinberg87
    Options
    so how many calories would this "Crust" be compared to a regular pizza crust?

Well I know for instance a slice of Papa John's pizza (Large Specialty with most of the toppings) is 370 per slice. This ENTIRE pizza is roughly 430 calories depending on things like if you use olive oil or not (which would take off about 90 calories). So Its almost as if you could eat the whole thing to yourself... if you REALLY wanted to, for almost the same calories a slice of a "normal" pizza has.
  • jsteinberg87
    Options
    PS - anyone who actually tries this and makes it, post and let others know how it goes!!! My first attempt looked pretty weird, but my second attempt was great! Next time I'll post a link to pictures if I cant attach it here!
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    bump bump and bump~!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cannot wait to try this
  • jsteinberg87
    Options
    *ALSO*

I forgot to mention that I'm also a chef (although it is just a hobby right now) - The reason why you want to cook the veggies or protiens before and THEN put them on the crust is because since the crust is made from cauliflower which is a veggie, it tends to give off its own natual water. Just like the toppings. It gives off its own waters/juices/any fat from the protiens, so if you put them all on without precooking the crust, it could be a mushy mess.

If you have any other questions regarding how to make your favorite foods with less calories, I could try and make it, and post the recipe. I have a food blog that I've been working on, its currently private, but I'll let you all know when its public!
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    yumm i will try it thanks so much
  • spuleri
    spuleri Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So amazing! I had it for dinner tonight and couldn't believe how good it was. Thank you for this recipe!!!
  • Aclemens21
    Options
    Made this tonight and it was sooo good! thanks for the recipe :)