Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

tim tebow

Replies

• twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,757 Member
    the word Tebow makes my ears bleed
    YES! ^^ With both of us living here, the talk of Tebow NEVER fckn stops! It really sucks when you turn on ESPN and THEY won't shut the f*** up about him. Jebuz.

I think Tebow is a great guy, in general. Is he an amazingly talented QB? Not even almost. He's still too green. In the game against the Steelers, for the first time EVER, I saw hints of Tebow playing like an NFL quality QB, and not just dumb luck. And amazingly, did it for most of the game. With some more experience under his belt, I think he'll be a pretty good QB, but he's not there yet. I am routing for the Broncos this weekend against the Pats, simply because I'm not a huge fan of the Patriots. However, that being said - I'm not convinced the Broncos have a decent chance of winning. You never know, though...stranger things have happened.

to beat the Patriots is so simple
    1. Rush brady up the middle
    2. cover both TEs and welker
    those 2 things will result in turn overs as proven time and time again
    3. have an effective passing game
    4.Play field position

SIMPLE!
    Because that worked so well the last time?......
  • taglientep
    taglientep Posts: 297 Member
    the word Tebow makes my ears bleed
    YES! ^^ With both of us living here, the talk of Tebow NEVER fckn stops! It really sucks when you turn on ESPN and THEY won't shut the f*** up about him. Jebuz.

I think Tebow is a great guy, in general. Is he an amazingly talented QB? Not even almost. He's still too green. In the game against the Steelers, for the first time EVER, I saw hints of Tebow playing like an NFL quality QB, and not just dumb luck. And amazingly, did it for most of the game. With some more experience under his belt, I think he'll be a pretty good QB, but he's not there yet. I am routing for the Broncos this weekend against the Pats, simply because I'm not a huge fan of the Patriots. However, that being said - I'm not convinced the Broncos have a decent chance of winning. You never know, though...stranger things have happened.

4.Play field position

SIMPLE!

Worked great for the Bills who are NOT in the playoffs who had a good defense at best when they were healthy and beat them... WORK EVERY TIME... exaplems:
    Giants in the SB
    Jets in the playoffs last year
    Bills with the upset
    I can keep going
  • the word Tebow makes my ears bleed

4.Play field position

SIMPLE!

Worked great for the Bills who are NOT in the playoffs who had a good defense at best when they were healthy and beat them... WORK EVERY TIME... exaplems:
    Giants in the SB
    Jets in the playoffs last year
    Bills with the upset
    I can keep going

You missed the biggest one of all: Don't turn the football over. We win the turnover battle, good chance we can win the game.
  • taglientep
    taglientep Posts: 297 Member
    You missed the biggest one of all: Don't turn the football over. We win the turnover battle, good chance we can win the game.
    [/quote]

That is also true.. I have to hand it to him he has been very good about keeping the ball
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,888 Member
    Well, Tim "Placebo" couldn't pull it off this week. Pats flat out kicked his *kitten*. Guess jesus bet on the Pats this week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    I'm a fan sure his football game is unorthodox but who says you have to be cookie cutter - Brady is the man though and he proved it!
  • ninerbuff
    I'm a fan sure his football game is unorthodox but who says you have to be cookie cutter - Brady is the man though and he proved it!
    Stop the run and you stop Tebow. He HAD a good game against Pittsburg, but when the run gets stuffed for negative yards, Tebow won't usually beat you with his arm.

IDEA Fitness member
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Well, Tim "Placebo" couldn't pull it off this week. Pats flat out kicked his *kitten*. Guess jesus bet on the Pats this week.

IDEA Fitness member

How classy...it was an entire fail on the ENTIRE team...lack of blocking, defense playing poorly AND Tebow not playing well. The Patriots played better. Period. End of Story. By your reasoning (and most others) Tebow will be an epic failure unless he wins the Super Bowl every single game of his career. What a standard! :huh:

He had a great season and managed to bring a team that was in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes (BTW, not impressed by him thus far) to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Ask Stafford, McCoy, Bradford, Gabbert, Romo, Sanchez, Fitzpatrick, Newton, Ryan, Vick, Cutler, and a host of others if they would've rather been in the second round of the playoffs or sitting at home with the lockers cleaned out.

Time will tell. I wouldn't bet against him. Can't wait to see what a full offseason, full workouts and them getting him at least one more good receiver and upgrading that defense will do.

But hey, bash away. Ask the Denver locker room how much of a "placebo" it was/is to have someone willing to put it all on the line for you instead of just saying "oh well" and giving up.

And even Tebow will tell you that Jesus has more to worry about than a game.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    do you think heart and high energy is better than aim and fundamentals?

Just looking at this part. Heart and High Energy = Willingness and determination to learn.

Anybody can learn the details. They can know the facts and put it to use... but they may not be a good team leader or not look to improve.

This is nothing to do with Tebow or anybody else.. . just deciphering the question with a simple answer.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Have they turned his urine into shots and included it in a diet plan involving the consumption of only 500 calories per day, followed by 6 weeks of an appetite suppressant yet?
  • jersanter
    jersanter Posts: 74 Member
    Nice kid. Bad fundamentals, throws a terrible ball, terrible accuracy, terrible foot work, etc, etc. The whole thing with him is blown way out of proportion because of his religious beliefs. The Bears went 13-3 with Shane Matthews/Jim Miller as their QB's back in 2000 or 2001. They were a bad football team that caught some breaks agaisnt not so good competition at the time. When they played good teams, the got pounded. Very similar to Tebow and the Broncos this year.
  • Love Tim Tebow!!! He is going to get blamed for the loss regardless, even though their Defense didn't show up. He is a postive person.
  • the word Tebow makes my ears bleed

4.Play field position

SIMPLE!

Didn't work this time!! The Patriots kicked Bronco butt:)
  • ninerbuff
    He had a great season and managed to bring a team that was in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes (BTW, not impressed by him thus far) to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Ask Stafford, McCoy, Bradford, Gabbert, Romo, Sanchez, Fitzpatrick, Newton, Ryan, Vick, Cutler, and a host of others if they would've rather been in the second round of the playoffs or sitting at home with the lockers cleaned out.
    If you gave the Denver offensive staff a pick of Tebow or the above QB's listed, Stafford, Bradford, Romo, Newton, Ryan, Vick and Cutler would all start over him guaranteed. McCoy, Gabbert, Sanchez, and Fitzpatrick are all very average QB's at best and with the exception of Sanchez had NO defense to really support them, so Tebow would have a great chance of starting or playing on those teams if he were on them.
    Don't get me wrong, Tebow is a nice guy, great work ethic, etc. Talent and skill is determined on things like completion average, TD's to int ratio and yardage. It's obvious this is where he lacks it and like the Pats showed that if you corral him, he's ineffective as a QB. Unless he can prove he's a threat as a thrower, that same defensive plan will have great success at beating the Broncos everytime.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Yep, Tebow going to either sit the bench or get traded to another team. Maybe Miami or Jacksonville so he can go to Florida where he has a name.

IDEA Fitness member
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    daily-morning-awesomeness-206.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    daily-morning-awesomeness-206.jpg
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    I step away for lunch and come back to find out that Sean Peyton is suspended for a year, Gregg Williams indefinitely, Tebow is a Jet, and my Giants are still Super Bowl Champions.
    -wtk
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 416 Member
    Go Eagles!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Tebow was just traded to the Jets. Mark Sanchez's backup.

Sanchez is quite popular with the ladies whereas Tebow's bedroom does not have as many female companions.