Mommy's Losing It! (closed group)

Options

Replies

• Karasene
    Karasene Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hello mommies :) I hope the new week is treating you all well :)

This weeks topic: What kind of exercise is everyone doing? How long are your workouts? How many days a week do you work out? Just explain how you fit in exercise with your busy schedules.

I try and workout 4-5 x per week, noticed I said try lol. Since I run a daycare I like to take advantage of nap time but usually that dosen't workout so well. I do my elliptical and turbo fire ( but just the hiit 25). I try and keep my workouts to around 20 - 30 minutes. As soon as my daycare closes i have to run to cheerleading practice or wrestling practice so working out at night isn't an option to me. I have tried to get my workouts done in the morning but for some reason waking up at 4 am isn't something my body wants to do. I think my goal is going to try and get my workouts done in the morning. I can do it now all i have to do is just wake up and do it :)
  • Jenners4
    Jenners4 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So... I have set a goal of exercising 5-6x per week. I have a son who is in Grade 2- he goes to school everyday and a daughter who is in Kindergarten- she goes two days a week. On the days that they are both in school I do a run (aiming for atleast 5km) and on the other days when just my daughter is home I do Jillian Michaels - Shred It with Weights. With being a stay at home mom with kids now almost in school full time I have NO EXCUSE as to why I didn't work out that day.
  • _Corinne_
    _Corinne_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi - Sorry I've been MIA. Life has been nuts lately.

I try my best to work out while everyone sleeps (between 5:00 AM and 6:00 AM - YUK!) - it's the only time I have. I admit, it's rough getting up so early but I feel so good once I'm done. I've been trying to do at least 30 minutes a day for at least 4 days/week and plan to step it up to at least 5 days/week next week. My go-to's are the elliptical, Weight Watchers Punch! fitness dvd (I'm not doing WW but it's a fun DVD) and JM's Yoga Meltdown dvd.

Now, if only I can get my eating in order... LOL
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky that none of my daycare kids get here until about 8:30, so I have time in the morning after I take my daughter to school to fit in my workouts, if not then I would either have to get up early or wait til the daycare kids nap time (oh how I love nap time!).
    When I first started losing weight I only did cardio, mostly fast paced walking. Since I've gotten close to my goal, my main focus is now weight lifting.
    Mon~ chest, triceps, & shoulders; Tues~ legs; Wed~ back, bicepes, & abs; Thurs~ rest ; Fri~ yoga; Sat & Sun~ rest.
    Since I do all my workouts as supersets ( no rest in between exercises) I get through them in about 30 minutes, give or take. Same for yoga, about 25 to 30 minutes.
    We just got a puppy so, I've been using the dog needing a walk as a way to get the whole family to go for a walk after dinner. Although it's not working out so well now that the time has changed.
    Our week-ends are always busy, so I never plan any exercise. If there is nothing going on and I get to go for a walk great, if not I don't sweat it.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My goal is to work out 4x/week. I have aches and pains in the AM, so working out then is more difficult, plus, I'd be more likely to injure myself. Working out when I get home or after dinner seems to work well. I had been working out to DVDs (boot camp is my favorite), but lately I've been feeling strong enough to start running. That is, until I started to have some health problems. So, the amended goal is to walk daily until I'm good as new. I really hope I don't lose strength or stamina until I can run again. I really like running.
  • sunflowertimes
    sunflowertimes Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I workout at least 4 days a week and I am pushing myself to up it to 6 days a week. I jog 3 days a week. Right now I jog at the school track when I get home from work about 5:30 2 days a week and on Saturday mornings. I warm up, jog, and cool down and it takes about 40 minutes. My sweet Hubby watches the kids while I am gone. Then on the other days I do workout videos after the kids are in bed around 8 or 8:30pm. I own several TurboJam videos, TurboFire HITT 25, and 30 Day Shred. I just choose one of those to do on my off days.
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I workout about 6 days a week. I get up at 5 to get it in before anyone else is up and before I have to leave to take the kids to daycare and head to work. I am currently doing TurboFire. It has taken some time to catch on to but now that I am getting it, I am enjoying it. I have been running for years and that is my favorite form of exercise. But, I thought I need a change!
  • MellyPfromVT
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In: Do you know what I love? Putting on 2.5 pounds in a week when I did the exact same thing last week and lost a pound and a half. Seriously, this is getting so old.....the junk food is loudly calling my name, mocking me for my inability to lose weight despite my effort. But, I must resist......
  • sunflowertimes
    Options
    Completely shocked at my weight loss this week. I blew up the scale and lost 4 pounds.

sw: 163
    cw: 138.5 (lost 4)
    gw: 125

I gave blood yesterday...hope that is not the reason for the big loss and I will be back up some next week. I worked out 4 days this week and tried to up my calories some to see if I was just not eating enough. I think it helped. Have a great weekend everyone.

Crystal
  • drsteph01
    Options
    For the last several months I have been doing Team Beachbody programs. Right now I am finishing week two of the Slim in Six program. That means I should be working out six days a week for about an hour. If I throw in the stretching and ab routine that adds another 30 minutes, so some days are 90 minutes. It is a big time commitment but I feel so great. I either get up an hour earlier or do the routine as soon as I get dinner together for my husband and daughter.

I will admit that fitting in my workouts has put a recent strain on my marriage. The other night my husband told me that he thinks I am working out too much and that since I have lost weight, I should cut back. I told him flat out that regardless of the weight loss, I am going to continue to exercise. I have never felt more energetic in my life. Even back in high school when I played sports every day. Now I am eating better and exercising with a focus. I told him that I would love for him to join me. He says he will do a little more exercise but he doesn't have the energy to do what I am doing. He has never battled weight a day in his life and even now, he really just needs to lose about ten pounds in his belly.

So my goal is to make sure I make myself get up in the morning to get my workout in so that it isn't cutting into our family time. That is the compromise I can make. And I will not bug him about exercising more. I think he will come around after the first of the year. Also going to try and get him to eat a bit healthier. Very picky eater so it is tough some times.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    weighing in, although a day late. Down .5 to 152.5. Feeling like I'm retaining water. Needed to stop my water pill due to some tests I'm having this week. I can't wait until this week is over, and it's only Sunday afternoon.
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I think I missed weigh in, but I was down to 155 ish, down almost 2 lbs.
    I did a lot of swimming this past week. My youngest started a 3 morning a week preschool and I've been hitting the pool.
    I've been thinking a lot about what my goals are and I think I'm going to focus on getting stronger. I'm very weak and have zero upper body strength. I have a gym membership and I'm going to meet with them and see if they can set me up with a strength training program. This is just SO out of my comfort zone, but I really want to do it. I've had the gym membership for almost a year and have never gone into the actual gym LOL I go for classes (zumba, step etc) and swim in the pools and that's it!
  • Jenners4
    Jenners4 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    :( .......my weigh in is 140 .... gained 1.5

I've been off track this week, but I am not going to give up, I am just going to keep going
  • Karasene
    Options
    Sorry mommies i forgot to weigh in. I had a very crazy and stressful week wich caused a lot of binge eating :( I know i def gained....booo!

Topic of the week: What is your daily calorie intake target? Give an example of your food menu for one day.
  • MellyPfromVT
    Options
    Sorry mommies i forgot to weigh in. I had a very crazy and stressful week wich caused a lot of binge eating :( I know i def gained....booo!

Topic of the week: What is your daily calorie intake target? Give an example of your food menu for one day.

My daily calorie intake target is 1200 calories plus about 3/4 of whatever calories I gained from exercise. I would guess that makes is about 1400 calories.

Example Daily Food Menu:

Breakfast
    1 K Cup with a splenda and 1/4 c. organic lowfat chocolate milk
    1/2 c. oatmeal with 1/2 c. water, 1/2 c. applesauce, 1/2 c. blueberries, 1 tbs. brown sugar and a dash of cinnamon
    OR
    1/4 c. egg whites with 1/2 oz. cheddar on a sprouted wheat english muffin

Morning Snack
    2 tbs. trail mix or a piece of fruit

Lunch
    I have no standard lunch. Usually, yogurt, salad or soup with fruit and veggies. I need new lunch ideas! I take leftovers sometimes, too. I have to have variety....

Afternoon Snack
    yogurt, fruit or a granola bar

Dinner
    3 oz. protein
    1/2 c. rice, quinoa or etc
    1 -2 cups veggie

Dessert
    Always! 1/2 c ice cream or a cookie
  • kronesa
    kronesa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I kind of suck at this reporting in business. But, here I am. This morning I was 164. That's down 3.2 since we started this group a couple/few weeks ago.

As far as food goals are concerned, I shoot for around 1200, although MFP has me set at 1480. I'm usually closer to that a couple of days a week since I don't want to eat too little. I've been working towards fewer processed foods and more vegetables. That's about it, I guess.

Have a great week, folks!
  • sunflowertimes
    Options

So here is a typical day for me. This was one day last week.

Breakfast
    Coffee with equal and powder creamer
    Special K bar
    Banana

Lunch
    Smart Ones or Lean Cuisine entree or leftovers from dinner the night before
    fruit
    cherry tomatoes

Dinner
    Chicken spaghetti (or another recipe I found to try out)
    salad with light dressing

Snack
    string cheese
    fiber plus or fiber one bar
    apple or other fruit

Drinks
    water, water, and more water
    sometimes I have 1 glass of unsweet tea, Dr. Pepper 10, or Coke Zero but that is not an everyday thing)

I typically eat around 1200 calories a day
  • Karasene
    Options
    I aim for 1200 calories a day

breakfast:
    whole wheat english muffin w/ 2 tbs peanutbutter

lunch:
    4 egg whites with 3 tbs salsa and 1/2 slice of american cheese
    fruit
    and salad w/ homemade dressing

afternoon snack:
    hot tea with splenda
    pretzels

dinner:
    i always make a chicken dish( tacos, chilli, spagetti, fajitas, grilled, )
    salad w/ light homemade dressing

I love salad dressing so I love that my dressing is only 10 calories per tbs. I use lowfat hellmans mayo, splenda, and vinegar looove it.
  • gdelg732
    Options
    Here are my goals

SW:144
    CW:140
    GW:125

My goals for the next 3 months are:
    ~To loose 10lbs
    ~ To workout 5 x per week
    ~Try to eat smaller meals during the day so that I wont always feel so hungry.
    ~Try to drink 8 cups of water a day.
    ~Tone my stomach area.
    ~Get into crossfit.
  • sunflowertimes
    Options
    I aim for 1200 calories a day

breakfast:
    whole wheat english muffin w/ 2 tbs peanutbutter

lunch:
    4 egg whites with 3 tbs salsa and 1/2 slice of american cheese
    fruit
    and salad w/ homemade dressing

afternoon snack:
    hot tea with splenda
    pretzels

dinner:
    i always make a chicken dish( tacos, chilli, spagetti, fajitas, grilled, )
    salad w/ light homemade dressing

I love salad dressing so I love that my dressing is only 10 calories per tbs. I use lowfat hellmans mayo, splenda, and vinegar looove it.
    Sounds good. Will have to try that dressing.