*17 Day Diet New Years Countdown Challenge**

Options
Note:

Please don't join if you feel you may not be able to participate to end, winners never quit and quitters never win and we all intend on being in the Winners Circle at the end of the challenge.:)

Requirements:

* 17 Day Diet Workbook or daily notebook to keep track*

*Willingness and time to work out at least 35 mins a day*

*Patience and determination to see this through to the end*

*Each cycle will be posted with the food listings and requirements:

I've had such great results with this diet and have lost 56 lbs so far and aiming to lose another 35 lbs by the end of the year. I'm committed to the 17 day diet and hoping you'd like to join in.

Cycle 1: Accelerate
Oct. 24-Nov. 9th

Cycle 2:Activate
Nov. 10- Nov. 26

Cycle 3: Achieve
Nov. 27th- Dec. 13

Cycle 4: Arrive
Dec. 14th-Dec. 31st

Celebrate the new year fitter!!!!

Cycle 1;
Oct. 24th- Nov. 9th

Foods for Cycle 1 ..Accelerate.
PROTEINS
Fish
Canned Light Tuna (water packed)
Catfish
Flounder
Salmon
Sole
Tilapia

* Opt for wild-caught rather than farm-raised fish, which may have received doses of antibiotics. Avoid the bigger fish such as swordfish, shark, king mackerel, and albacore tuna. They are the most likely to carry metals like methyl-mercury, which is considered a toxin.
Poultry
Chicken Breast
Eggs (2 eggs = 1 serving)
Egg Whites (4 egg whites =1 serving)
Turkey Breast
CLEANSING VEGETABLES (Eat Liberally)
• Artichoke
• Artichoke hearts
• Asparagus
• Bell peppers, green, orange, red, yellow
• Broccoli
• Brussels sprouts
• Cabbage
• Carrots
• Cauliflower
• Celery
• Cucumbers
• Eggplant
• Garlic
• Green beans
• Green, leafy vegetables (including beet greens, turnip greens, collard greens)
• Kale
• Leeks
• Lettuce, all varieties
• Mushrooms
• Okra
• Onions
• Parsley
• Scallions
• Spinach
• Tomatoes
• Watercress
FIBROUS FRUIT- 2 SERVINGS DAILY
• Apples
• Berries, all types
• Grapefruit
• Oranges
• Peaches
• Pears
• Plums
• Prickly pear cactus
• Prunes
• Red grapes
PROBIOTIC FOODS- 2 SERVINGS DAILY
Acidophilus milk: (1 cup = 1 serving)
Kefir: similar to a drinking-style yogurt; great for making smoothies (1 cup = 1 serving)
Low-fat acidophilus milk (1 cup = 1 serving)
Reduced salt miso dissolved in low-fat, low-sodium broth (1 tablespoon – 1 serving)
Sauerkraut: (1/2 cup – 1 serving)
Yakult: (1 cup = 1 serving)
Yogurt, any type, including Greek-style, sugar-free (6 oz. container = 1 serving)

FRIENDLY FATS: 1 TO 2 TABLESPOONS DAILY
Flaxseed oil
Olive oil

CONDIMENTS
Condiments and seasonings are allowed in moderation:
• Salsa, low-carb marinara sauce, lite soy sauce, low-carb ketchup, fat-free sour cream, Truvia (a non-caloric sweetener made from natural ingredients), sugar-free jams and jellies, vegetable cooking spray, fat-free cheeses (i.e. Parmesan), fat-free salad dressing, salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard, herbs, and spices.
Substitutions for vegetarians:
One-half cup of tofu (any type)
One-half cup of beans, lentils, or any legume
1-2 vegetarian or black bean burgers (made from textured vegetable protein)
2-4 ounces any vegetarian cheese, including soy cheese
2 vegetarian “sausage” links (great substitute for eggs!)
2 scoops vegan rice protein powder (great for smoothies, blend with 1 cup unsweetened almond milk and a fruit) for a quick 17-Day Diet vegetarian breakfast
Any type of vegetarian meat substitute made from textured vegetable protein (see package for serving size)
For dairy substitutes: 1 serving is 1 cup unsweetened soy milk, almond milk, or rice milk
For yogurt substitutes, it is fine to use soy milk yogurtThese subs will work for all cycles as meat-protein substitutions.

To join the challenge:

Just post your goal weight for the challenge, and one fitness goal you'd like to accomplish by the end of the year.

Replies

• 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hello Diva, I'm on day 10, but I would love to join you on this journey. My starting weight is 184.6 and my goal weight for this journey is 165-170.
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Bump...I am thinking about it.
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm joining in on day of my journey with the 17 day diet, I will stay with cycle 1 the extra days to stay on track with the group! My start weight monday was 199.6 and today was 195.2. Will post a new start weight when we begin.
  • mrsthomasstevens
    mrsthomasstevens Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    im on day 13 of cycle one but i really wanna join. Should I consider redoing cycle 1?
  • Mehs
    Mehs Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    How much can you expect to lose? If I could lose 15-20 over all 4 cycles that would be great! I'd like to add some muscle tone to my arms and legs.
  • MsCyone
    MsCyone Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    im on day 13 of cycle one but i really wanna join. Should I consider redoing cycle 1?

You can extend cycle one so we can all start and end at the same time.
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Goal weight by December 175
  • edwardss9
    edwardss9 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    goal weight is 178 by dec
  • Sveta137
    Options
    My Goal is to loose 18-20 lbs.
    Fitness goal: to establish a fitness routine that I can sustain.
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hi... I don't know much about 17 day diet...but I would love to join, so I guess i will learn on the way, so count me in....My current weight is as of this morning 196.4. Will love to reach at least 185 by Christmas....or at least be out of the 90's and be in the 80's...
  • Sveta137
    Options
    How much protein are you going to have?
    The book doesn't specify, it mostly oriented towards stopping when you comfortable. I have a huge issue with a portion control and I think I need to measure.

Please share your thoughts on this.
  • janecaa
    janecaa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No, don't re-do Cycle 1, your metabolism will slow down as your body goes into starvation mode. Carry on to Cycle 2, which is the same as Cycle 1 on alternate days anyway. You don't want to jeopardise your weight loss !
  • MsCyone
    Options
    No, don't re-do Cycle 1, your metabolism will slow down as your body goes into starvation mode. Carry on to Cycle 2, which is the same as Cycle 1 on alternate days anyway. You don't want to jeopardise your weight loss !

I did cycle one back to back and it didn't effect my metabolism, so I guess it depends on the person or how much weight you have to lose.
  • peachyfuture
    peachyfuture Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My cousin gave me a copy of this book months ago after she had great success with it. I suppose it's worth trying. I'm in!

CW: 163 (I hate weighing in BTW)
    GW: 145
  • classyhoney
    classyhoney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Can canola oil be used as a healthy fat on this diet?
  • JustQue
    JustQue Posts: 157
    Options
    I'm reading up on it now and will pick up the book. What's the average lost during each cycle? I want to aim for an attainable goal before I take the plunge. Thanks. Q
  • allybally6
    allybally6 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm in. CW 160 TOM
    GW 140
  • raerae1943
    raerae1943 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Id love to join... where do i find the 17 day diet book? I am currently on Bistro md meal plan while my husband is deployed this year and they use the diet in their meal planning... but I will have to start anew when he returns. I have been at a plateau of 185lbs for 3 years now- after my csection with my son. The highest I have ever been was 220 when I was pregnant but before that I was always at around 150 and 30% body fat. My goal would be to be back to that size or smaller.... and to exercise more often and eat healthier. Please befriend me if you have similar goals or motivation... i need friends :)
  • MsCyone
    Options
    @Classyhoney, I think any oil in moderation can be used the recommended ones are just the flaxseed and olive, what are you actually using the oil for?

@allyball6 welcome

@JustQue, I can't say what the average is but I've lost between 12-15 lbs on each cycle so far, but i follow strictly, drink a ton of water and do about an hour or more of exercise most days.

@raerae1943 you can find the book at most bookstores and walmart its about 23 in store but Amazon has it for about 15. You can also find most of the cycle info online and I'll post the foods allowed at the beginning of each cycle.
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    Sounds interesting! I think this is what I need to drop my last 30lbs - Currently have stopped losing weight for some reason.

Goal Weight for the challenge: 140

Fitness Goal by the end of the year: Increase 5K race time to 30 minutes

M.:heart: