November 10 pd weight loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Jackie when I looked at the spreadsheet the dates were right but the month said September? Pretty sure I am in the right tab because I wasn't in the challenge in September.

I don't have a problem weighing in because I weigh every fricking day, sometimes more than once. Like the scale is magically going to change. :laugh: I can't wait until the day/days come when I 'forget' to weigh.
  • jlbiles
    jlbiles Posts: 283
    Options
    Top of the chart did say Sept until I changed it to Nov like it is suppose to be. My bad for not catching it earlier. Sorry.
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    SW -159.6 lbs (Tuesday Nov 1)
    Week 1 - xxx lbs (Tuesday Nov 8 )
    Week 2 - xxx lbs (Tuesday Nov 15)
    Week 3 - xxx lbs (Tuesday Nov 22)
    Week 4 - xxx lbs (Tuesday Nov 29)
    Total lost - xx lbs (Thursday Dec 1)
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hey Jackie, I think I told you the wrong beginning weight. I gave you what I weighed today and had lost a pound. My beginning weight for November 1 is listed below. Thanks ! :smile:
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    Okay so far this week I have not lost anything (tom) hopefully by tuesday I have at least a pound loss.
  • jlbiles
    Options
    Hang in there. It is harder for us woman to loose the weight then it is for the men.
  • Tsrwalker
    Tsrwalker Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I hope it is not too late to join. I have been looking for a group but it seems as if all of them are closed or I missed the start date.

SW for the 10lbs Nov Challenge - 251.4lbs (Tuesday Nov 1)
    Week 1 - xxx lbs (Tuesday Nov 8 )
  • carrielofton
    carrielofton Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    SW - 184.2 LBS (TUES NOV 1ST)
    WEEK 1 - LBS (TUES NOV 8TH)
    WEEK 2 - LBS (TUES NOV 15TH)
    WEEK 3 - LBS (TUES NOV 22ND)
    WEEK 4 - LBS (TUES NOV 29TH)
    TOTAL LOSS - LBS
  • Bridie_Bird
    Bridie_Bird Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join in as well. My starting weight as of the 1st of November was 171.6 pounds.
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Finally lost the two pounds that I gained from Atlantic City, hoping to get at least a pound lost between now and tuesday, so that I could at least report some sort of loss.
  • jlbiles
    Options
    I have faith that you will keep it up. Come on you have this.
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I forgot to weigh in on Saturday (as we did in October) and felt terrible, until I remembered we are in November now and I don't have to weigh in til Tuesday. It's been one of those weekends...!!
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Motivation, so need to get these pounds going. Anticipating getting into the 220's. I originally had my 10 pound weight loss to be gone by January 6th, but this challange will certainly give me the motivation and kick in the right direction.
  • jlbiles
    Options
    That is one thing this group is really good about is supporting each other. All you need to do is post to the group and normally someone is there to pick you up. MrsWibbly I have you covered. Don't worry about it. You have a whole lot going on right now.
  • Mkristinek
    Options
    Count me in! So excited to shed pounds and get fit!

Sw: 152.4
  • jlbiles
    Options
    Thought with the holiday's coming up some suggestions for low calories substitutes might help.
    Butter or Oil for Baking

Applesauce or prune puree can replace up to half of the fat (butter, margarine, shortening, or oil) in baked goods such as cakes, brownies, quick breads, muffins, and cookies.

Sunsweet’s Lighter Bake, a product found in the baking aisle at the grocery store, can replace all of the fat and oil in baked goods recipes.

Oil for Marinades and Dressings
    Flavored vinegars, such as balsamic, raspberry, and rice vinegar, add exciting flavor to salads and marinades, and are virtually calorie free!

Broths and stocks are also excellent alternatives for marinating meat and chicken.

Sour Cream
    Plain, non-fat yogurt works great in casseroles, dips, dressings, as a topping, and anywhere else sour cream is usually used.

Eggs
    Two egg whites or 1/4 cup egg substitute (such as Egg Beaters) can replace each whole egg.

Bacon
    Turkey bacon, Canadian bacon, or lean smoked ham provides a lower-calorie substitute, retaining the smoky flavor that bacon is known for.

Light Cream
    Combine equal parts 1% milk and evaporated skim milk, and use in cream soups and sauces.

Whole Milk
    Reduced fat milk (2%, 1% or skim) makes a lower calorie alternative to full-fat whole milk.
  • jlbiles
    Options
    Here are some web sites you might find helpful:
    http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/obesity/lose_wt/lcal_fat.htm
    http://www.zimbio.com/Weight+Loss/articles/iAS1tTZ5VN5/Substitutes+High+Calorie+Food+Low+Carb+Diet
    http://www.nutrimirror.com/resourcessubstitutes.php

These will also be listed on the last page of our database for future references if any body wants them.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    SW - 200.8 lbs (Tuesday Nov 1)
    Week 1 - 197.5 lbs (Tuesday Nov 8 )
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Week 1 - 213.2 lbs

I made a type to google first... got 147.. I wish hehe :)