Just Dance 3 Challenge/Game

Options

Replies

• ansleya
    ansleya Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Ok so Mark (hubby) and I conducted an experiment. I was telling him how great you guys are and my scores are not so great...:sad:

He suggested that maybe the sensor was in a bad place. And he was right! We have a HUGE TV. (60inches) And the sensor was up there on top. So the only thing it was seeing was when my hands were way up in the air. The downside of this is...now it can see ALL of my mistakes! lol :laugh:

But my scores was a tad bit better, however, in my excitement, I didn't write them down...:huh:

So I will post tomorrows scores! LOL

Happy Dancing!

~Ans~
  • JJ_Mamma
    JJ_Mamma Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    He suggested that maybe the sensor was in a bad place.

Oh maybe my sensor is in a bad spot too? Surely I'm not that bad a dancer (or I truely am)! How do you know if it is set right?

Well it has been a vile day today, we have had a very humid day where the temp hit 35°C (95°F) and even with the air con running, dancing was a very sweaty affair. Oh I dream of the day I can get to 10000

Jump: 7835
    Take One me: 9331
    Dynamite: 5466 - tried it again being another character 6737. Which character do you all choose? I generally choose who ever is on the far left.

Also received the "Sweat me a river" award, which was very fitting for today.
  • ansleya
    Options
    He suggested that maybe the sensor was in a bad place.

Oh maybe my sensor is in a bad spot too? Surely I'm not that bad a dancer (or I truely am)! How do you know if it is set right?

Well it has been a vile day today, we have had a very humid day where the temp hit 35°C (95°F) and even with the air con running, dancing was a very sweaty affair. Oh I dream of the day I can get to 10000

Jump: 7835
    Take One me: 9331
    Dynamite: 5466 - tried it again being another character 6737. Which character do you all choose? I generally choose who ever is on the far left.

Also received the "Sweat me a river" award, which was very fitting for today.

LOL@ Sweat me a river! That's awesome!! I chose the woman dancer on the left. I think she's wearing red? I might need to switch up, too. Well, your sensor may be ok. As I said mine was 5ft in the air. And I'm only 5'8"! So it was just getting the top of me. It's now on a small side table right in the front of the TV so it can see all of my moves (I think). I said it should be in the middle of my body, but we'd have to figure out how to get that done. I dunno...In the meantime, 10k eludes me! :bigsmile:

Where do you live that it is 95? It's 32 here today! Brrrrr!

AND................I'm putting a CALL out!! Where is everyone else?? Even if you only do it once a week, please share your scores! Even if they are low, please share your scores! We all want to see the progress of each other. And we want tips or hints or notes about what is working for you and what isn't!! OK??? :happy:

I'm off to see my (maybe) next school!! In the snow!! UGH!

Happy Dancing!!
    ~Ans~
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Morning Dancers,

My highest scores so far are:

Take On Me - 10119
    Jump - 10147
    Dynamite 9090

I started over Sunday and picked the highest weekly challenge/sweat points I think it is called. Both nights my head has been soaking wet - and I don't normaly sweat - so this is good. I like the R&B songs the best - still trying to figure out how to start with our challenge songs then switch to R& B. I've been doing it the other way around. While I like these songs better than JD2 - it seems harder to control things. :grumble: Minor rant is over :wink:
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Took this up today...after one practice run of each (I hadn't done these songs before), my second-time-through scores were:

Jump 9324
    Take On Me 10002
    Dynamite 9753

I'll try to do it again at least once before Thursday!
  • shanzee_b
    shanzee_b Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My scores for my first attempt on these songs

take on me: 8571
    jump: 9977
    dynamite: 9363

I forgot to do sweat for take on me but the other two I got 549 altogether.
  • AlwaysAnn
    AlwaysAnn Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I seem to be doing better. Let's see if I can keep it up!

My scores:

Take one me - 10,592
    Dynamite - 10,599
    Jump - 10,653
  • ansleya
    Options
    My scores for my first attempt on these songs

take on me: 8571
    jump: 9977
    dynamite: 9363

I forgot to do sweat for take on me but the other two I got 549 altogether.

Oh mine just adds up on every song that I do. But great job!!
  • ansleya
    Options
    I seem to be doing better. Let's see if I can keep it up!

My scores:

Take one me - 10,592
    Dynamite - 10,599
    Jump - 10,653

That's awesome! You guys must be great dancers! Keep it up!
  • LaBelle89
    Options
    What's this? I like to Dance...I would like to join!!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    YAY! Well I can explain a little (what I know so far) about the game, if anyone doesn't know all about it or is thinking of getting it.

At the beginning screen (main menu): You have Dance, Sweat, Store, and Options.

If you choose Dance, it will go to the song list and you can scroll along to choose one. (I think there are 45 songs) When you perform the song it will give you points on how well you did the movements. This is your "Score". You also get little side comments like "Lazy" or "In Rhythm" lol

If you choose Sweat at the main menu, you see the next screen says "Free Session" and "7 Day Challenge". The free session is for 4 players. I don't know anything about this because I haven't done it yet. The "7 Day Challenge" is just what it says. 7 Days for you to rack up sweat points that are equal to other activities. Such as, the first challenge is the "Fresh Start". This challenges you to get 3500 sweat points in a week, 500 for the day and this is equal to walking for 30 mins a day! The next challenge is a step up. It's called the "Healthy Choice". This is 7000 sweat points for the week/1000 per day. This is equal to running 30 mins a day. The highest challenge is the "Sweat Explosion". This is 21,000 sweat points for the week! 3000 a day and equal to swimming for 30 mins. Choosing one of these challenges will automatically put the counter on your progress bar (where you get the stars top left of screen) The icon is a sweat drop and the points will add up! Side note: The first song you do will say (for instance) 300 sweat points. Then your next song might say 600 sweat points. That is, unfortunately, not indicating that you were totally awesome and sweating up a storm! That means you got another 300. And they are adding each of your song's sweat points together to get your whole day tally. So, as you do more songs, your points will be added together for every song. So you can see your progress!!

If you choose Store, that will take you to the Wii Store of JD3 and you can purchase extra songs for 250 Wii points each. There are only 4 extra songs at the moment. I hear there are more to come.

If you choose Extras, You will see Options, Medals, Archives, and Credits. If you choose Options you will get 4 choices to turn on or off (checkmark means ON): Display Lyrics, Display Pictograms(the little people in the right lower corner that show you the next dance move), Display help screens, and Usage Tracking (I have yet to find where this is tracked, can someone help me here?). If you choose Medals it will take you to the medal page where they are tracked. There are 16 different ones and each medal has 3 goals Such as: Get 1 star in every song, Get 3 stars in every song, Get 5 stars in every song: then you win the medal. If you choose Archives, well I don't know what will happen for you. I get an empty screen that says "wii memory left" and a number. And Credits list who made the game :happy:

Ok 2 last things then I swear I'll wrap it up: There is an option on the top right side of your screen and the top left side. The top left has a musical note. Choosing this will give you access to premade playlists of several genres: Pop. Rock, All 80s, etc. Top right has a giftbox and these are the "gifts" that you earn by getting stars performing the songs. Every star you get counts. There is a "countdown" page that will tell you how many stars you need to get a gift. They start out small like you need 5 stars, then 10, etc. When you hit the number that you need you get "gifts" like Mash-ups. These take a specific song and add dance moves from other songs. So if you get tired of the regular moves in that particular song, you can do the mash-up and mix it up a little. :wink:

Ok, I think that is all I know about the game so far. Please feel free to add or to help me out here. I just got started, so I certainly don't know everything :flowerforyou:

Thanks
    ~Ans~
    bump
  • ansleya
    Options
    What's this? I like to Dance...I would like to join!!

Hey sweetie! We are exercising in a game called Just Dance 3. It is for the Wii, Playstation, Xbox, or the Kinect game console that hooks to your TV. It's a lot of fun if you want to join us! You can get the game at Target, Walmart, etc if you have a Wii or one of those consoles. We'd love to have you join!
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to find time before Thursday! I should be able to post at least once this week, haha.

What does everyone think about moving this to the spiffy new Group?
  • ansleya
    Options
    I'm trying to find time before Thursday! I should be able to post at least once this week, haha.

What does everyone think about moving this to the spiffy new Group?

It's awesome!! Come over!!
  • ZumbaGirlSK
    ZumbaGirlSK Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this as well. I just got the Just Dance 3 game a week ago and I am obsessed!

I'm also new to My Fitness Pal. How and when can I join?
  • Dannypuck
    Dannypuck Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    May not be able to start til the holidays with work and plus my wife saving up to get the game for Christmas.
  • lilroo82
    Options
    Now we've got the group I wasn't sure where to post, but seeing as the new songs are out tomorrow, thought I may as well put my efforts here! Only had one more chance to do the 3 songs this week, so here goes...

Dynamite - 10,741 (last time 8,060)
    Take on me - 8708 (last time 9,324 - oops!)
    Jump - 10,251 (last time 10,756)

Look forward to seeing the next 3 songs tmw! :smile:
  • AlwaysAnn
    AlwaysAnn Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I did better.. & well worse on one song.

Take on me - 10,604
    Dynamite - 10,177
    Jump - 10,704
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this as well. I just got the Just Dance 3 game a week ago and I am obsessed!

I'm also new to My Fitness Pal. How and when can I join?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/275-just-dance-3

That's the link to the new group! We have a new song list every Thursday evening (Central Time) so if you want you can start tomorrow, or look and see what this week's songs are and do it today. :)
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I think as long as we all have 3 we have the same songs. The only difference should be whether you've bought it or are renting it, because if you bought it from Target, you have two extra songs, Airplanes and some Rhianna song, and if you bought it from Best Buy you have two extra Katy Perry songs, and if you're renting it you have neither. So maybe if you have the extra songs (or any that you bought from the online store) those are off limits for the challenges.

I guess I'm too late for this challenge....I ordered mine from Amazon cuz I had a gift card...it should come today........when you redo the challenge, i want in!!