200+ Sheddin' the Stuffin

Options

Replies

• babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Pleh it's been four pages since my last proper post. Lets see if i can get this out before i have to go to work.

Amy - I haven't notived any difference in LIA, but Isaac and i don't really work out together all that much. I'm sorry to hear about your horrible history with cancer. Isaac's granddad is terminal with bowel cancer at the moment, but he's at peace with it, saying he's ready for it to be his time. Wibs (my friend in hosp at the moment) is only 58, it is SO not her time. She's doing good though.

Victoria - It's amazing, isn't it, how other people's ill fortune makes us so much more grateful for what we've got. I think it's sad sometimes that it takes such things to make us thankful though a lot of the time!

Sheba - Wii Zumba is brutal, but at least it gets you moving!!

Kerry - Hows about sending some of that enthusiasm about four-four road trips my way? Whenever we have to drive to Adelaide it's just a complete pest!! We're going this weekend for the next dress fitting. THat kitty is flipping adorable!!

Lacey - Woohoo for shirts fitting!

Pam - Yay for shirtless bf workouts :tongue: Isaac has a bunch of new singlets his brother bought him from bali and they make him look SOOOO yummy!! I can't wait to see him working out in them! :wink:

Ok, i think that's me mostly caught up!!

I swapped shifts today so that i could get in super early this morning with out offer on our current house. I've been staring at the phone ever since... come ONNNNNNNN!!!!!!

My friend Wibs is doing much better. She's still feeling pretty crappy, but when i saw her yesterday she was off all the narcotics and sounding, looking and feeling loads better. She and narcotics don't really get along, it would appear. They're hoping she'll be able to tolerate clear fluids today, then tomorrow they'll try free fluids, and then a soft diet. She can go home once she's eating soft diet again, but she's not in a rush. I'll drop in and see her again today and see how she's going, but i'm just so glad to see that she's been heading in the right direction the last four days!

Isaac has set up a little bowl of bird seed in our back yard to try and convince the sparrows to come and play. it's so cute, i can see them from my computer, and there's six of them playing on the table, and one sitting in the bowl. They're so cute!!

I was going to head to the gym this morning, but i bumped into Teags on the main street while i was at the RE agent's office, so we went for a walk instead. It's still exercise!!

I'd better go and get ready for work now... I DESPERATELY need petrol in my car, and unfortunately i have to drive out of my way to get to a petrol station :frown:
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Pam and kendall- we r all around the same weight right now. Let's OWN this challenge and get to ONEderland!
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Megan (and pam and kendal) - - OOH ME TOO!!!
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! The Kid has been out of sorts ALL day long and I am rapidly growing tired of it! I'm sure it's part lack of sleep from Saturday night (we DID stay out until 6 am but he conked out on the couch for a few hours during that time) and part that we're meeting someone who is interested in taking Loki (maybe). They sound perfect for him as the husband does part time work as a dog trainer and that's what Loki desperately needs. I'm crossing all my fingers and toes that they decide to take him home...soon. I'm slowly recovering from the weekend as well. I have a lingering headache that seems to stem from neck pain that will not go away no matter what I do. I have also been battling leg cramps in both legs since Sunday morning, but today is better than yesterday was so maybe that will resolve itself quickly.

Hosanna: I'm glad your friend is doing much better. I wish her a speedy recovery. I LOVE road trips (although they are decidedly more expensive here in Europe than they were in the US). We were just invited to spend Thanksgiving with some friends at a ski resort at the foot of the Alps and I'm excited about the road trip (the drive through Bavaria is absolutely gorgeous) and excited about trying my hand at skiing (I've never done it before).

Lacey: Good luck with the low carb thing. I've done it before, a long time ago and it DID work but I was such a raging mess of headaches and pissiness that it really wasn't worth it for me. Hopefully 100 grams of carbs a day will be enough to feed your brain (the brain runs on sugar and doesn't do well without them).

Bobbie: I never show a loss during my TOM, it drives me insane.

Pam: I'm with you on the TOM bloating. I've been bloated going on 2 weeks now and have no real reason for it as I've stayed under my cals (even on the Halloween party day). My body hates me.

Kendal: I saw your Halloween pics in facebook - super cute!!!

Keshia: Congrats on your loss this week!

Hailie: TOM sucks.

Sarah: That birthday party sounds like it was fabulous!!! I second what Lacey said about researching an anti-inflammatory diet.

Megan: As far as I know, Loki didn't have so much as a hiccup after eating all those cupcakes.

I know I missed people but that's all the time I have for now. I have to get my P90X in and carve a jack-o-lantern with The Kid before heading off to soccer practice and take the dog to meet his prospective new owners. Happy Halloween!!!!!:drinker:
  • rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    *****Weigh-in 234****

UGH. That is a 2 pound gain. I'm blaming TOM. Here's to a better week. Will catch up later!
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    happy halloween!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

Just a reminder, please get your weights in by this evening. I'd like to post week #1's chart first thing tomorrow morning.

Well, I really had the best of intentions to post to this thread last week, but life just got super busy. Work was crazy and I was exhausted. The lack of sleep I got on my one-day business trip on Monday completely wrecked me for the week. i don't know how my boss does it.

This looks to be another intense work week. We have a two day training we're running and have collaborators coming in from out of town and I'm the main planner of the meeting, so I'll be running around a fair bit this week and I doubt I'll have much time to post, so I wanted to give y'all a heads up about what was going on. Eating wasn't horrible last week, except for a pizza incident. Seriously, I've always enjoyed it, but this is getting out of hand. My parents are coming to visit in three weeks now and I've set a goal for myself for no ordering of any delivery in those three weeks. yes, I'm sure I'll go out a couple of times for lunch or dinner during this period of time, but no ordering in. No no no. I haven't weighed myself. I'm trying not to focus on the number, because it just depresses me, though I should just own it. I think I want to focus more on how my clothes fit, which currently is horribly. As they loosen up, I know I'm heading in the right direction. I really need to commit to logging regularly again.

Happy Halloween everyone! My neighborhood passes out jack-o-laterns on orange pieces of paper you tape to your porch light if you want kids to come around. I did last year. I'm going to pass this year because 1) I do NOT need the leftovers around and 2) Emma will completely get torqued up with people coming to the door all that often. They have a potluck at work today, but I didn't bring anything and it's over at the hospital, so I think I'll be able to stay away from that hopefully.

Hope all is well. You're all in my thoughts! Now I'm terribly behind on the thread (like 5 pages behind), but i wanted to post first so I did actually do it. Will skim and catch up on all the weigh ins.
  • LadyG0915
    LadyG0915 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~263~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Up one, but after this weekend.....I'm going to have to bust arce to lose or even maintain this week. The whole weekend was an epic fail on the eating, but lots of fun otherwise.

1. I kept my nephews Friday night and of course ordered pizza and hot wings. I try to be good with a thin crust veggy pizza, but when you basically eat the whole thing, it doesn't really matter whole g"good" it is.

2. GO BUCKS!! Sat, we went to an OSU party and watched the game. Lots of good friends, delish food, and of course beer!!

3. Sunday was a "family" day and we went to COSI in Columbus, Ohio. Super fun time!! We had Red Robin for lunch and I had the Bacon Guacamole burger and OMG, it was like a party in my mouth. Then after walking around all day, my foot is killing me and I think it is time to call the Dr. I'm soooo tired of going to the Dr. Dinner was another lazy option, Chipotle!!! I had chicken soft tacos, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the chips and guacamole. It seams I have been craving Guac the last few days.

So, today is a new day, and I must remember how far I have come. Oh yeah a little toot of my own horn:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I've lost 6 inches~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Okay, I think I'm all caught up on the weights...

Kerry, I think you misstyped your weight, as you posted you were in the 180s... Can you repost your weekly weight?

For all the newbies, I have made note of all who've joined, and am marking if you've weighed in. If you're still here (Please!) at the end of the challenge, I'll include you in the final weigh in chart in 5 weeks.
  • kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    Kristina, I'm at 158 I think. You can use that.

Everyone else - hi, love and hugs to you, I am SWAMPED at work this morning so may not get a chance for a full post. My weekend was awesomely fun. I ate waaaaaaaaay too much food. I'm terrified to step on the scale again. Terrified. I also have woken up drenched in sweat now for 5 nights in a row. Before it was once a week. My mom says its probably something to do with hormones, but there's all kinds of things it could be linked to, so I made an appointment with my doctor, who wasn't available until NEXT Friday. Grr.
  • rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    I've already downed a huge 16 oz. mug of hot tea this morning. Do you girls think it counts for water intake? I don't add cream or sugar to it at all...I'm certain I can polish of at least two more of them, it really hit the spot.
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween!!

I weighed myself this morning (which is actually my "official" weigh-in day) and I was back to 210.8. Hooray! So as it turns out, my weigh-in from yesterday is official after all, with no cheating the TOM salt bloat. It still amazes me that going over on salt can tack on an extra pound and a half (or more) worth of water weight on the the scale. Seems unfair.

The visit with my brother and his wife this weekend was tons of fun! I didn't exercise at all besides some Just Dance though, and my Saturday eating was horrific (hence the Sunday morning salt bloat). Back in the saddle today. Actually I think I'm going to be starving today due to lack of planning on my part...no time to make a good lunch so I just packed some homemade soup. It's low sodium and good for me, but it's under 100 calories and has very little protein. Something tells me that I'll be eating my afternoon snack of cottage cheese and pineapple with lunch.

Saturday was the day that the kids in our neighborhood trick-or-treated, so yesterday and today I've been facing a big bag of candy in my kitchen. Did I mention that TOM is coming any day? Ack! So far I haven't gone totally overboard, but think the bf should probably take that bag to work with him.

OH! A fun NSV -- I bought a pair of size 16 jeans last month and at that time I could wear them but they were super tight and gave me horrible muffin top. I'm wearing them today and they're only slightly tight at the waist (almost perfect, just a slight snugness) and they fit perfectly everywhere else. AND they fit that way after having just gotten them out of the drier this morning! WOOHOO!!

Megan (and Kendal & Hosanna), let's do it!

Lacey, I need to get all my levels checked too. This past winter my work had some people in who did free checks for employees....I'm hoping they do it again this winter and that my levels have improved. I never grew up around sports either, but I find myself getting more and more into them as I get older, oddly enough. I know some guys who just take it too far though -- the ones who post 70 million status updates while the games are on, stay home all Sunday to watch the games and refuse to go anywhere because they don't want to miss anything, can't talk about anything else -- I don't think I could deal if the bf was that into it.

Sarah, the party sounds like fun! Unfortunately I don't have any advice for the pain, but I hope you find something good and feel better soon!

Amy, glad you had a great time at the party. Eating less calories than you burned even while partying is fantastic! I hope you're feeling better soon.

Hosanna, I'm glad your friend is feeling better. I've been wanting to put a litte bird feeder out back of my house too, but I never got around to it and now it's getting colder out here, so it'll probably wait until next year.

Kristina, I had a pizza incident myself this weekend, but mine was a lunch incident followed with an Italian food incident for dinner. Yikes. Good plan in not passing out candy; I should've done the same thing! Leftovers are killer.

Kerry, I hate how long the wait always is for a doctor. Hopefully they will be able to tell you exactly what is wrong and how to fix it when you go.

Rain, I've heard other people say that if you drink plain tea with no cream or sugar that you can count it as water. I'm not sure if that's just for decaffeinated tea though...I would think if it's caffeinated that might actually dry you out a bit. Not sure how that works though.

Total case of the Mondays today. That's pretty much every Monday for me though.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Left unattended long enough, my dog will eat the 1/4th of a grilled cheese sandwich and my entire bowl of tomato soup. Lesson learned.
  • WoWmamaErin
    WoWmamaErin Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'll have to get my SO to walk on the treadmill (I don't want him to die by running! lol) and see how noisy it is upstairs with the door closed. I'm pretty sure it's just a really loud treadmill but it would be great if I could run after the kids are in bed... well... as soon as my feet are feeling better :(

I still must have been holding onto some massive water weight from the wedding cause the last couple days the weight has been falling off now that I'm back to my eating plan. I'm expecting to see it level off a bit so we'll see what the scale says on Saturday.

I gave SO instructions to buy candy to give out tonight... hopefully he doesn't buy too much... and if he does the kids that come to the door at the end of the night are going to get a wack load of candy thrown at them! lol But if we do have left overs I'll be sending SO to his car to keep it in there and he can take them to work and keep them out of my sight. For our two kids we will do a little bit of trick or treating but will only go to 5-6 houses - the close neighbours. Because my daughter is only 3.5 she gets 1 piece of candy a night after dinner so it'll last her quite a while anyways.... and my son is 1.5 so he'll get barely any! All things in moderation apply to my kids as well!

Speaking of dogs eating food... my parents had a dog who would eat anything and everything! My dad just about had a fit one thanksgiving when 3/4 of a pumpkin pie went missing. He also stole a beef roast - nobody got 2nds except for the dog. And he even ate a bowl of ceasar salad once too. The list is practically endless! lol

Happy Halloween all!
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    Wow, I have some catching up to do. Weigh-in... 227, on the nose.
  • navajoon
    Options
    Okay, not a lot of individual responses...

Hosanna, heard anything on the current house offer?

Keshia, I don't yet know where in London I'll be living. I think once I know what my allowance will be, I can get a better idea of where to start looking. The office is actually in Gatwick, so I have to live somewhere with good train access. A lot of employees apparently live in Clapham, so I'll probably look there and Battersea. I'd love to live in Greenwich. That's my ideal. But I don't think the train access is too great and I'd probably have a rather obnoxious commute.

Amy, re: exercise and "activity." I always notice Joe is more active when he's working out regularly. I'm sure it's to do with energy levels.

Kerry, that's so bizarre about your sister's soon to be ex-hubs coming to family functions. Wouldn't he know there would probably be a lot of angst radiating off you guys? Odd.

Lacey, did I miss out on the plus size jeans on ideeli? I just looked and don't see them.

This weekend, I saw a girl wearing the cutest Lulumon Athletica outfit ever. it made me want to lose weight just so I could wear it working out. Blarg. Not the most exciting weekend to report. My official weighin is from Friday. I'm going back to Friday weighins as they're the most accurate. I still mess up on the weekends, so Mondays I'm always full of excess water.

Friday, we went to my friend's for his annual pumpkin carving party. I did a Linus in the pumpkin patch stencil, which was not so easy. There were lots of tiny pieces to cut out, so there was a lot of "UGH" and "ARGH" and f-words flying out of my mouth. Joe did a totally awesome Shaun of the Dead stencil that I found for him. It turned out really great. Saturday, Joe and I woke up SUPER LATE and took Marlee to the dog park as the weather was perfect. Later that evening, went to dinner with the fam for my brother's birthday and followed that up by driving to the other side of town to go to a birthday gathering with Joe for one of our friends. He said we weren't dressing up, so I was all mentally prepared for just going all casual, but then he changed his mind at the last minute. So I dressed in all black, leggins and a long tunic-like top, my bright red peep-toe heels, put on a TON of makeup and plopped my new blue wig on my head. I looked like some manner of futuristic slut. Oh well.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    ----209.4----

I spent about 75% of yesterday in my dark bedroom with the heatpad stuck to my head. The sinus headache was a flucking killer and while its mostly gone I am still feeling it and its pissing me off. This makes three days in a row. On another note, ever since I came back from Europe I am remembering my dreams for a bit when I wake up or they are waking me up at night. I NEVER remember my dreams, so WTF? I am not digging it, they aren't fun dreams. Why all of a sudden am I having this??? Any dream people in the room??

I've logged what I plan to eat today and have some raw cashews for a snack if I end up needing one. Eating three soft boiled eggs starting right after wake up is a killer, I will admit. I got in over 40 grams of protein this morning, it took me over an hour to do it lol. Hoping to get up to 50 next week. It will take a while to get used to eating that early. I usually don't eat until I've been up for a few hours so this is something way new for me.

I called my Dr for foot advice and she said no working out for two weeks, this was last week and I think I forgot to mention it. She also said to find one of those Dr. Scholls kiosks and get some inserts there first before trying an ortho. She's recommended it to a few patients and they like it. I got online and found one so gonna hit it up tomorrow.

My parents and brothers dogs LOVE LOVE broccoli. My mom has a sulcata tortoise and they will fight her for the broccoli. Not really fight, but take it if they can. Its hillarious. And broccoli isn't all that cheap anymore either lol.

Pam - YEAY for pants fitting that didn't before.

Rain - only if the tea is not caffienated. If it has caffiene it doesnt' count towards water. And even decaf tea has a bit of it in there, so its a good sub for part of the water, but not all. I could drink iced tea all day, I love that stuff.

Kerry - ick waking up drenched in sweat. How old are you again? I swear once I hit 30 everything changed in my body. It didn't help that I had a baby the year before either..but I bet its hormones too. Good for you for getting it checked out though.

Rikki - yeay for calling the doctor, feet stuff is horrible. Congrats on the 6" lost.

Kristina- good choice not handing out candy. We are handing out fruit chew snacks instead this year...I've had the box for a few weeks and Gracie has been eating them with her lunch as the treat..I am sure the kids will grumble at it but I don't care.

Amy - if I get all sorts of nasty I will be increasing my carbs that fo' shizzle. Also my package came, thanks! Good luck with Loki today.

Hosanna - crossing my fingers for the house!!

Bobbie - its funny, I'm going to eat way more veggies today than I have in a while and my fiber count is lower than normal today. Sigh lol. I bet you will lose next week, you've been doing great!

Kendal - I saw your fb pic of you in your costume this morning! You look way cute!

I've got to find some advil or something and then get going.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Nava - look at this Plus Sized Chic one. they are there!
  • navajoon
    Options
    Just looked through it. I love some of those dresses in there. Shoot. I need some professional work clothes. Some of those dresses on the first page would look nice with heels or boots...

So, something that annoys me about lululemon. They only go up to a 12! I need to lose about 50 pounds before I could even fit into that stuff.

Also, supposed to go to Cheesecake Factory tonight for dinner with a coworker who's in town. I'm looking at Nutritional info... Yeah... I think tonight's just going to be a wash.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Nava - I'm supposed to go out for Italian some time this week for lunch.. I feel your pain. They do have some super cute dresses that would work for casual and professional wear. I love that site. I also bought a pair of black suede wedge heels with a beige strap and buckle that I am looking forward to getting.
This discussion has been closed.