200+ Sheddin' the Stuffin

Options

Replies

• rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    Ami: No shame in repeating weeks. I started c25k in mid-July and I am still not done. I just don't want to "phone it in." I want to actually be able to accomplish the week's goals with ease. I struggled immensely with week 3. I hurt my foot, tried to push through, couldn't. Rested a week. Repeated week 3 once I healed. Then repeated it once more. Right now I'm on week 7. According to the program, I should be jogging 25 minutes straight. I'm only jogging 20 minutes straight, so I will not move on. I'll repeat week 7 again. I've come so amazingly far though. I honestly love this program (with personal modification of course.)

Kendal: That's some fast runnin' girl! I only jog at 4.5 on the treadmill. I think that's a 13 minute mile. Sometimes I bump it up to 4.7, but I'm trying to keep my walk/jog speeds fairly consistent until I finish the program. After that, I'm going to try to gradually increase my speed. That being said, it is beyond aggravating that I don't feel like I'm gaining any distance. Although, I just looked back at the diary on my app and my first day of week one I only covered 1.5 miles. My last run I covered 2.29. I feel like I'll never have a decent 5k time. Last time I did it I was at like 48 minutes. Boo. Oh well, progress has been made, immense progress, so I shouldn't complain.
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    Okay, so I've worked my McRib in for dinner tonight with a small fries! The eating for the rest of the day is pretty sparse, but I'm still getting lunch and a PM snack in, AND have 100someodd calories left for the day, AND AND I'm still under on sodium! Yes, I shall enjoy my crappy dinner. I haven't had a McRib in probably about 10 years. I have an unnatural love for McD's. I know I shouldn't, but I do. Especially their breakfast.

So a lot of us are reading Dance with Dragons? I'll be honest. I'm having a hard time getting through it. I started it back in August and am still not done! Feast for Crows, or as I call it "Snooze for Crows" really turned me off after the AMAZINGNESS that was Storm of Swords. That being said, I did pretty much hit the breaks on it and read some other stuff instead. Currently finishing up Bite Me which is the last in a vampire trilogy by Christopher Moore, who I love.

Hmm, our email is totally down at work today, so perhaps I'll bust out my DwD PDF. Rue La La has a sale going on for clothes from a brand called Leifsdottir. I see their stuff at Anthro all the time. There are so many things I want to buy, but all their tops only go up to a 10 or 12. So I'll wait. There will be cute things for me to buy when I finally get to that size.

Random thought for the day: Part of the reason I'm so excited about my move to London is that I'll be walking everywhere! I always lose weight when I go there because the food isn't so great, and I'm constantly walking.
  • KatheryneLynne
    Options
    It's Snoozy Wednesday...I was half asleep reading everyone's posts and was half way through before i realized that i hadn't taken any notes; SOOOOOOOOOO, the responses are a little skimpy this morning.

Ami--I love quinoa. It took lots of talking to get my picky husband to try it but he loved what I did and I have now been given permision to make it with any meal I like. What's so great about that is I load it full of veggies. Last time i made it I shredded zucchini, carrots, and onions on my mandoline. yum yum yummy. By the way, where did you go in Indiana. My husband and I use to live in Shelbyville (we worked in Indianapolis). Before that we had lived in Cincinnati. We were so happy with the prices in Indy. In Cincy we could go to dinner...or a movie...but couldn't afford both. In Indy, we could go to dinner AND a movie, with change to spare.

Kendal--I lol at your "bag" story. When i went into the bathroom this morning i glanced in the mirror before i turned the light on. In the semi-dark it looked like I had slept with a fist to my right eye, completly black; after I turned the light on i realized it was just dark circles, no bruises :laugh:

As for me, very very tired today. Lots of work to do, my desk is currently burried under about ten separate case files.

By the way, thanks everyone for all the info about the Zumba belt and extender. I'll have to check it out. When I originally got the game a year ago, I tried rigging my own with some velcro I picked up from a JoAnn's Fabric but it didn't quite work. I couldn't get it tight enough, so the leg strap kept falling off.

-Katheryne
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    :huh: I weighed myself this morning as I always do for a mid-week check in. The scale had me at 206.something. I flipped it off. I am sure its just water weight from getting rid of The Evil White Carb Food..if I can maintain this loss for two weeks in a row, I won't flip the scale off, I promise. I will give it a :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou: instead.

I will be back in a bit to respond to everyne.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Also...is anyone else having trouble with ideeli?? It keeps shutting off on me. Its probably a sign that I need to take a break but HELLO, I have a trip and parties to plan for. Duh! LOL.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Keshia - I've been tested for just about everything under the sun. I got my last depo shot in October of last year, which should have lasted through the beginning of January, and since it wore off I've had no periods at all. (Ironically, I actually had regular periods while on it, though that's pretty uncommon.)

Amy - That game sounds AWESOME. I might have to check it out! :D

Lacey - Potassium is a possibility, definitely. They checked my iron when I donated blood on Monday, and it was alright, but I'll see if increasing my potassium helps!

Pam - Thanks! :) And as for gross stuff in Season 1 of Walking Dead, 2 is proving to be maybe a little moreso. Gah, I love this show. :P

Nava - I so don't understand the appeal of McRibs. :P My coworker was all excited and got my other coworker to take him to get one yesterday, but... idk. I just can't get into it. :P

Hosanna - Yay for your LIA :D

Ami - Your dedication to continuing your C25k even if it makes you nauseous is pretty awesome. :D

Kendal - I've got the c25k app on my phone, but I haven't used it (namely because it's twenty effing degrees out), but I have to ask because I think /I/ would - do you feel silly running for a minute at a time when you start? How do you address that, if you do?

This morning has been... interesting. I scored free tickets to our high school's madrigal dinner next week, because the lady who won got the wrong night and asked me if I'd like them. I would have had to really stretch my budget to be able to afford $47 for one date out, so free sounds amazing. I do love the people who participate in our contests, they're almost always really, really awesome. Speaking of which, I should probably get started assembling the rules for our Turkey in the Freezer contest.

I'm crampy this morning, but TOM isn't too terrible. Seriously can't believe how excited I am about this, sadly. :P
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Jessi- when I was running outside, I had no issue with running for 1 minute and then stopping because I knew no one was really watching me to see how far I was going. In the gym yesterday, a really tall guy got on the machine beside me and yeah, it was kinda weird cause I was constantly changing my speeds. But my gym is awesome and it's slogan is the "judgement free zone" so it wasn't a big deal. Plus, when I looked over, I thought it was really cool that I was jogging faster than him at some points. As long as you "do you" and not worry about anyone else, then who really cares? Plus, if anyone says anything about it, then you can take the opportunity to teach them about c25k. Everyone is not a runner and I feel pretty bad a s s to be teaching myself how to run.

ETA: Mr. Reunion's goal is to have me run a 5 min/mile with him one day. I tell him he's absolutely crazy....
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I don't remember who, but someone asked how the single serve microwaveable peas and corn things are that I got from Walmart. I've had 3 of each and they are actually pretty good. The sodium is pretty high on the peas, but the corn is reasonable. Also, I found it's important to drain the water after you pull them out of the microwave so you aren't fishing for pieces of corn/peas when you get about half way through the little bowl.
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    Yeah buddy, just broke a bracket off my braces while eating an apple.
  • rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    Ouch Nava.

I kind of felt dumb running for the short intervals when I started c25k, but oh well. It is what it is. Besides, lots of serious runners often switch to interval training, so I don't think its that uncommon.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    rain: I think lots of people run intervals, I also think that most people are so into their workouts that they don't really pay any attention to what anyone else is doing. At least, I never notice what anyone else is doing - unless they are doing something weird (like yelling into their phones while "pedaling" on a stationary bike).

Nava: Oh that sucks about your bracket. And I agree with you about it being hard to get through a Dance With Dragons. I muscled my way through the previous book by sheer will power and I'm having a hard time remaining interested in the new book. I even put it aside and read a couple of books since I started it. I know I'll go back to it but it might take me a while.

Kendal: Mr Reunion runs a 5 minute mile?? WOW, that's super-impressive. (I totally think you can work up to being that fast too)

Jessi: Turkey in the freezer contest??

Lacey: I have not been having problems with ideeli. Travis is on the site almost as often as I am (he has developed a pretty intense desire to upgrade his wardrobe).

Katheryne: I hope you get some rest.

Keshia: What undergrad course will you be teaching?

Nothing too much to report on my end. The time change screwed me all up and now I have no idea what time it is. The sun has begun going down around 4:30pm or 5 so now I feel like it's 9pm when it's really only 7pm. Our Thanksgiving trip got canceled. We couldn't get a hotel room at the resort our friends are staying at. It's mostly cool, The Hubbs is talking about going to Berlin instead - we'll see what we end up doing.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Kendal - That's a good point. I think I would feel silly seeing myself doing it, really. :P I'm not much for caring about the opinions of other people.

Nava - Ouch!

Rain - Good to know I'm in good company.

Amy - Yes ma'am! Turkey in the Freezer - we're buying 12 turkeys and putting them in a 9 cubic foot freezer in one advertiser's lobby. The top will be open but it will be sealed with clear plastic so they can look in but not touch, and then people will come in and guess the total weight of the turkeys to the nearest 10th of a pound. Closest gets the freezer and a turkey, 2nd - 6th get a turkey, a basket of Thanksgiving dinner sides, and gift certificates from local businesses, and 7th-12th get a turkey. Should be lots of fun! :D

For all my running ladies in bigger cities:
    http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2011/11/02/run-for-your-lives-in-a-zombie-infested-5k/

I'm so jealous. I wish I was close enough to go through a 5k zombie apocalypse.
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Small victory tonight at dinner: didn't make it to the gym in time but we went to eat at an awesome burger joint. Not only did I order a kid burger (bc they didn't sell grilled chicken) but I also only ate about a 8 fries and gave the rest away. I also removed the bottom bun and folded it in half. I feel great that I didn't stuff myself to the gills AND knew to make a smaller portion choice when I ordered! Woohoo!

I sometimes have a hard time recognizing that eating out when its NOT a special event should stick to my normal "diet" plan. I usually splurge simply bc im eating out.

Jessi- that contest sounds cool. Id enter that. Lol

Nava-how was ur mcrib??

Amy- I finally joined up to ideeli and had a couple stall outs today too.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Another cute exercise workout etc clothing site: www.titlenine.com.

Pretty sure I found the new winter coat on that site. Yeay.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    I just spent an hour on the phone with Directv so I can get a new receiver and upgraded to hd..which we don't have the tv for yet. Guess I'm getting one this Christmas come hell or high water now.
    No tv out here and Jeff is passed out in bed so I can respond to you girlies. My book is done too so need to get a new one. I saw in the Target ad that the newest Eragon book is coming out on the 8th so I think I will pull out my last one and reread it so I remember what its all about and then pick it up. The latest GoT took me a month to read. I bought it in the SF airport on the way home from Europe and paid a whopping $35 for it but I'd read the book I bought in Brussels on the plane and needed something.

Hosanna - busy day girl!! I bet you slept well. I'm pretty sure every time I step into the vets office its a minimum of $250.

Annette - the dress is gorgeous though a bit snug on the booty so hoping I can slim the booty down just a bit before the party next month lol. YEAY for the hubs noticing the difference, that rocks.

Amy - Jeff and I need more couple friends. We really don't have any and are so busy most of the time that the attempts we've made with a few o the neighbors went to *kitten* because we aren't around. And frankly they aren't like us in that we both work and I travel and they can't identify with me whatsoever so it while I can do that mom talk for a while I can't do it forever and my eyes start to glaze and they don't talk about anything but because its what they do. In fact, one of the older neighbors made the remark on Halloween that she never sees Gracie outside playing and we were like yeah we work and we go places so we aren't home and Gracie goes to a private school because of our schedules. Anyways, lol, how were the seitan wings?? I am going to start buying Jeff a few things here and there on that site. He will always be a tshirt and cargo shorts type dude but it wouldn't kill him once in a while to wear jeans that aren't too big for him. Hwo much did the time change?? Ours hasn't happened yet. But I notice the older I get the worse I adapt. Last year we flew to Toronto on a time change, it sucked balls.

Ami - hi. Thanks for the link to that paleo site. I'm trying to keep my carbs down to help lower cholesterol but my fat intake this week is through the roof. So I need to work on that next week. The ability to let loose goes with age. It kind of blows like that. Many people repeat weeks of c25k until they get it and can move on, no shame in that.

Kendal - good job on the running girl! I hate when my hips get sore like that, I also can't sleep. Thank God for aleve. Oh and I was the one who asked about the single portion frozen veggies...thanks for the feedback. I'm not a big canned or frozen veggie person but once in a while for the sake of ease..its a great work option sometimes.

Keshia - yeay for scale movement!

Nava - I liked the Dance with Dragons, but my complaint is the same as it was ten years ago when I first read the two books - too many effing people and it gets annoying to keep up with them and the ones I'd like killed off somehow are still alive! Have you read Terry Goodkind books? He has a series that is flucking fantastic and in my opinion blows this one out of the water because its a good read and interesting and twisty. Yeay for walking in London. Whats the food like? Is it like Brugge food? BEcause I'd drop weight there like a moflicker if it was. Did either Amy or I mention that we went in search of something not flemmish beef stew, rabbit braised in belgium beer the last night and ate Indian Food because 365 restaurants of the same menu is so not cool? Which gave me, and Amy I think, stomach issues that night?

Jessie - the whole female hormone thing is such a *kitten*. I swear that since i turned 30 its just been one effing thing after another, no sleep, too much sleep, can't sleep, break outs on my face, dry skin, heavy period, light period, depression, great, yadda yadda. Its nuts! Also running - you can do it and I found that I dig doing it when its cold. IT feels exhilarating.

Megan - yeay for eating out food victories!

And now that its almost 9pm I will go to bed.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Megan - We do all sorts of awesome stuff throughout the year for the station. :P It's a lot of fun, and I get to do a lot of the promotion for things. Also, excellent job on the smaller portion! I think I'm going to try to just get a box right away when we go out, and put half my food in it to start with.

Lacey - Ahhh yes, hormones are AWESOME. This is the first time in probably 3 years that I've had TOM without having such terrible mood swings I was threatening to rip my uterus out and strangle someone with my fallopian tubes. I'm checking out my "sports store" here tomorrow, to see what they sell - I know they sell underarmour, but I'm pretty sure they don't sell anything that will fit me. Meh.

It's 10pm and I feel like a little old lady up way past her bedtime. There is no chance, however, that my birds will let me get away with bed this early; they're wound up and loud and obnoxious to the point where one of them keeps yelling at the others "shut up!" over and over again.
  • SteppingOutofGrey
    SteppingOutofGrey Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Kendal: too right - He only gives that with which we can cope!!!!! Keep that in mind and the rest will fall into place :flowerforyou: Well done on your running - you are doing fab lady xx

Amy: I want to play uno with you - or slam - now, that's a card game that you would like if you are competetive!!!!

Keshia: I bought the six week and shred together - in hope that I could do something with my jelly belly!!! Shred complete (think I managed 30 days over a rather longer time span!!!) My first day of six week I hated - wondered what on earth I was doing and why, but now (almos two weeks done - as am running it in line with this six week challenge) I love it - also am improving the way I do each exercise - which in turn is increasing the proper use of the right muscles (if I'm honest, I also like the fact that I am working towards two days off - it's not like the shredd where you have to keep going for complete 30!!!!) Sadly - I measured my abs and thought I had lost 9cm - which I posted - very exciting - but now I am thinking I imagined it coz it just is not the case :grumble: Have you done the shred? Well done for getting under 213 x

Nava: hope the McRib and fries was worth the wait!!! Love the fact that you think food in London is not so good - I am an hour away and have managed to pile on the lbs!!!!

Lacey: yeah for the 206 - very exciting. :drinker: Are you following the very low carb, high protein for 12 weeks thing you spoke of? If you keep this up that dress will be loose - not snig!!!!

Megan: yeah for your will power - your life style is changing towards better health and fitness :drinker:

As for me - another day of madness - gotta set up mums and todds / 2 hours garden (in the rain); walk dog (another hour in the rain); supervise mums and todds, take daughter to orthodontist, then, when I least feel like it come up with something healthy for tea - wish I had been a bit more organised about that and had got it in the slow cooker already.

Have a good one all xx
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Checking in for Wednesday: 2731 cals burned/ 1816 cals eaten/ 915 calorie deficit. The scale is being slightly more friendly to me this morning but I'm still not down to where I was at the beginning of the challenge (before I gained 3 pounds for no good reason).

Annette: I'm gonna have to look into "slam", I've never heard of it.

Jessi: I think it's awesome that you have a bird yelling "shut up" at the other birds. I think that if my cat could talk, he'd tell us to shut up ALL the time.

Lacey: I liked the food in London WAY better than the food in Brugge. There are LOTS of food options in London and they do Indian food and curries WAY better than that crap we had in Brugge (yeah, it made me a bit sick that night, too - yuck!). I'm with you on not really getting down with the "Mommy crowd". I can't talk about kid stuff for very long, I'd rather talk about real life. Our very good friends here are actually quite a bit older than we are (in their 50's with grown kids, only one of whom still lives with them while he goes to college here) so we can have "real" conversations with them that don't revolve around Gabe. But they ADORE Gabe (mostly because he's a sweet kid who can entertain himself and can carry on a conversation with an adult without any problems). For their Halloween party, they used Gabe to give tours of their house (so people would be familiar with the layout for the scavenger hunt). The seitan wings ended up really good. Gabe even went back for seconds. If you give me another website to spend money on, I'm gonna go broke!!! :bigsmile:

Megan: WTG on the eating out NSV!

It looks like our Christmas present this year might be a Mediterranean cruise in February...I'm so excited!!!
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    anyone else ready for the weekend??
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Slow day at work today (so far) and I'm very happy about that because TOM is driving me nuts. The happy news is that I stepped on the scale this morning (even though I never weigh during TOM unless I have to) and my weight is exactly the same as it was before TOM...I've never had a TOM without a weight gain, so I'm hoping this means that once it's over I'll show a nice drop. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but my fingers are crossed.

I'm planning on taking a zumba class at the gym tonight. I did zumba on Kinect the other night and it got me in the mood to do a full-on class. I haven't done zumba with people around in awhile and I remember how ridiculous I look while zumba-ing, but whatever. I'll stand in the back of the class. :smile: There's also an option for me to do a spin class tomorrow morning at 6am, but I dunno....that 6am part....ugh.

Amy, the Indian restaurant I went to in London is still the best Indian food I've ever had! I was also happy when I went there with how many great vegetarian options there were there. I went to this place in Notting Hill called the S&M Cafe, which stood for "Sausage and Mash Cafe" (clever) and had THE BEST fresh made vegetarian sausage with vegetarian gravy, all stuffed on top of a mound of delicious mashed potatoes. That meal was amazing. What a great Christmas present for you guys! I've never been on a cruise before, but a Mediterranean cruise sounds awesome.

Annette, what a busy day! Hope you got a chance to relax. I have Six Week Six Pack and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism, but I haven't tried those yet.

Jessi, too funny that your bird yells "shut up" to the other birds! This must be a fun time of year to work at a radio station too. I would think that working at a radio station any time of year would be pretty fun, actually. I've heard of the zombie 5Ks; I'd like to run that too, but I am sure I'd get turned into a zombie. :tongue: About the running intervals thing -- ain't no shame in that 1 minute running game! First of all I don't think that people would really notice that you're only running for 1 minute, but even if they did it's no big deal. Your 1 minute running intervals is more than most people would do anyway! And like Rain said, even serious runners do interval training.

Lacey, we have cable but keep getting offers for deals on Direct TV that sound really good so we've thought about switching. I'm just worried about how weather would affect service with a dish...have you had problems with that? Tim and I need more friends too. Most of our friends and and his family all live in the DC area, so we don't really hang out with other people much. Usually we'll come back from DC after hanging out with people and say to each other "Ohhh yeah, I remember what it's like to have friends; it's nice!" :laugh: I haven't read any Terry Goodkind. What's the series you were talking about that you like? Is it called The Sword of Truth?

Megan, great job with your food while eating out! That's always the hardest, eating out and finding/making good food choices. I'm right there with you -- DEFINITELY ready for the weekend!

Nava, ouch! Hope that broken bracket didn't get in the way of your McRib enjoyment! I know what you mean about walking in London; I swear I walked more in the 3 weeks I was there than I had the whole year before I went. That was awhile ago, waaaaay before I started MFP, so I wasn't quite prepared for so much walking! I loved that about that city though.

Kendal, you run WAY faster than I do! I wouldn't worry about your speed, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if someday you'll be running a 5 minute mile with Mr. Reunion.

Keshia, I definitely want to be in onederland by Christmas. Let's do it!

Ami, that was one of my goals for this challenge, to get as much variety in my working out as possible. I had been doing running almost exclusively (besides Jillian workouts), but then my hip started giving me problems so I have been kind of forced to mix it up. It's fun though; keeps me on my toes! I don't really have a favorite...my favorite kind of depends on what kind of mood I'm in, I guess. I do really like dance workouts though!

Hosanna, did your three nights in a row turn into four? :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.