Lets get it done! 1 week challenge!

Options
I am proud to report that my first challenge was an awesome success!! All my peeps (listed below) did AWSOME! I can’t tell you guys how much it helped me to do my mile every day. Before this I had not been exercising at all. I would not have done this everyday if it was not for you guys and this challenge.

Members of the last challenge:

purpleiris1114
Alacey88
Luvmybeebees
Nakabi
Mrivera713
Boyslie72487
Amyb27
Abejune23
Sakamonojr

Ok! So it is time for a new challenge! This one will have more to it and hopefully be fun and motivational! So we all have a calorie goal and we try to stick to it. So that is the first part. EAT YOUR CALORIES! Next you have to log your exercise and you have to EAT YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES as well…we can allow a 100 calorie window (on exercise calories only!) if you want cause if you are like me you wonder if what the database says you burn is what you actually burn! So if you feel it might be off then you can eat ALL BUT up to 100 of your exercise calories back. Next is the water challenge. This time being the first, we will just go with the recommended 8 cups a day minimum. DRINK YOUR 8 CUPS AND LOG THEM SO WE KNOW! Now for the exercise…last week we were required to walk/jog/run (whatever your level is) for 1 mile all at one time, everyday. So 1 mile, everyday, for 7 days=7miles. This week, let’s change to minutes instead of distance. Most of you said you could do a mile anywhere from 15-20 minutes. So let’s say GO AS FAR AS YOU CAN IN 30 MINUTES EACH DAY. So whether you can run, jog or just walk it, go as far as you can in 30 minutes! Try and push yourself a little to. See just how far you can really go when you stop just getting by and push yourself a little. Get that heart rate up! After you do all this each day COMMENT HERE EVERYDAY so we know what you did! You must comment everyday. If you miss one day, in your next days post include the one you missed as well.
NOTE: IF YOU MISS MORE THAN 2 DAYS CHECKING IN (in a row) YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE CHALLENGE. This is because the whole purpose of the challenge is not only to get you moving but mostly to hold others accountable and motivate them to do theirs every day! Ok I think that is enough for this week, so let me summarize below:

1- EAT YOUR CALORIES!
2- EAT YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES (can allow a 100 cal widow)
3- DRINK YOUR 8 CUPS AND LOG THEM SO WE KNOW!
4- WALK/JOG/RUN (whatever your level) AS FAR AS YOU CAN IN 30 MINUTES EACH DAY.
5- POST HERE AT THE END OF EVERY DAY!

Ready, set, GO! Post here saying you are in and I will put you on the list. You have today and tomorrow ONLY (10-26 and 10-27) to jump in for this week, if you miss it then try to catch us next week! All my peeps that were with me last week, let me know if you are in for this week as well  We start Thursday, 10-27-11 so that will be your first check in.

Replies

• hcn74
    hcn74 Posts: 214
    Options
    I didn't play last week, but can I join you this week? Sounds like a great challenge. And a week is perfect!
  • tobi459
    tobi459 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    would love to join in for this weeks challenge.
  • LosingIt27
    Options
    I want in!!! I'm eating some workout calories right now. :)
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    im in starting tommorow!! i need a boost!!
  • jbreilly
    jbreilly Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I would love to join too! Sounds like fun!
  • Go_n4Gold
    Options
    I have just come back to MFP after a several week absence. Hi, Ya'All!!!! Congratulations to all who have continued to get healthier and seen rewards for your dedication.

As this is mid-week, will this 1 week challenge begin on Sunday or if not, what day? I would love to join in the fun!

Thank you,
    Cheryl
    Go_n4Gold
  • readytolose50
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge!
  • jennipooh82
    jennipooh82 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've been doing trying to do this anyways, so I guess that's more incentive!!! =)
  • cnkan0119
    cnkan0119 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! This one week challenge will be a great kick off to a challenge I start on the 1st since my first week goal is to get in 64oz of water.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I'm in. :happy:
  • IM IN!!! I need a lil boost right now and this sounds PERFECT! LETS GO!!!!!!
  • BeingJamela365
    BeingJamela365 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am new to the group challenge but I think it will be great motivation. I'm in!

Let's get it!

Jamela
  • amyB27
    amyB27 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    OK I'm in! Gonna be a challenge for sure :)!!!
  • Michelleando
    Options
    Im in...Im finishing with Jillian Michales ripped in 30 on fri or sat if I do six days. I will kicking up my cardio with interval walk 1min/run 3min, 30 min challenge. My runs will be fast and hard and my walk will just bring my heart rate down then time to run again. I'll report tomorrow....14 days countdown to grand cayman islands, I would love to drop my last seven pounds:)
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! I love all these new people!! And welcome back Amy! I hope the rest jump in to!! I tried to reply to the ones with questions...If i missed one or you have another one you can message me. But please keep all update posts here:) I will lose track otherwise.

OH AND MAYBE EVERYONE CAN POST THEIR WEIGHT AS OF NOW WITH THEIR FIRST POST!
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    I didn't play last week, but can I join you this week? Sounds like a great challenge. And a week is perfect!

You sure can!!! welcome aboard!!! we start Thursday the 27th (tomorrow)!
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    I have just come back to MFP after a several week absence. Hi, Ya'All!!!! Congratulations to all who have continued to get healthier and seen rewards for your dedication.

As this is mid-week, will this 1 week challenge begin on Sunday or if not, what day? I would love to join in the fun!

Thank you,
    Cheryl
    Go_n4Gold

Yes I know its the middle of the week...I came up with this last week and decided to just start LOL. SOOO we are starting this one tomorrow, thursday the 27th! So you will do all the steps tomorrow then log here at the end of the day that you did it! Welcome to the group!!
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    Im in...Im finishing with Jillian Michales ripped in 30 on fri or sat if I do six days. I will kicking up my cardio with interval walk 1min/run 3min, 30 min challenge. My runs will be fast and hard and my walk will just bring my heart rate down then time to run again. I'll report tomorrow....14 days countdown to grand cayman islands, I would love to drop my last seven pounds:)

awesome! Good! We will see you tomorrow! Don't forget the rest of the steps as well :) Good luck
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I'm in for this one too! Yay!
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    I'm in for this one too! Yay!

welcome back!!