WARNING: What running REALLY does to you...

Options

Replies

• NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    :happy: Now I'll give you one more reason not to have excuses. I have arthritis and I was so anemic ( about the time I started running) I was going to have to have a transfusion if it didn't improve soon. It improved with a triple dose of iron supplements. And glucosamine works wonders for the joints. I'm running! I have a thigh picture in my profile pictures. I like to eat, too. Running lets me.
    Yeah! I'm going to be 50 in January. I said I can't run anymore. 4 large babies in my past. No, my uterus hasn't fallen out. Yes it makes me pee.. So what! I'm going to have those legs and a flat middle. Bonus is I finally grew a butt! love it! My computer nerd husband is doing it too!

50?:grumble: 5'2":angry: 4 babies:mad:

:angry: so WHAT is my excuse NOW?

:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Ok that is it, I have semi started c25k, now it;s ON:smokin:
  • ronny23
    ronny23 Posts: 35
    Options
    How many times a week should I run?
  • Mikeinstlouis
    Mikeinstlouis Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I HATED TO RUN! HATED, DESPISED, HURT, PAIN, OUT OF BREATH, AGONY..I HATED IT!!!

UNTIL...

I downloaded a C25K (couch to 5k) and I'll be damned! I AM RUNNING!!!!! I think I am really starting to get into it!!

I can't say that I am a runner yet since I am only finishing up my fourth week, but I am getting off my butt and going out for runs and I gotta say that it is getting a bit easier!

The program takes you through baby steps...run for a minute...walk for 90 seconds...repeat...do your cool down walk..done!

Anyone considering starting running should really check it out.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml is the website. GOOD LUCK TO ME AND ALL OF YOU GUYS THINKING ABOUT STARTING TO RUN!
  • Reneda
    Reneda Posts: 140
    Options
    this is great!!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I used to go jogging every night..then winter hit...and I used to run on gravel roads by my farm...roads that were under 3 feet of snow in winter...and the idea of running in -30 degrees Celcius weather stopped me from running for 4-6 months each year. :( I would LOVE to get a treadmill some time so I can continue jogging through the winter though.

wtf? where do you live? haha i thought it was cold where i live...

Haha, the lovely province of Saskatchewan, Canada. :D
  • Addicted2carbs
    Options
    makes me feel like i need to poop about 5 min after i start...every single time!

LOL this thread is getting funnier and funnier
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    AT THE AGE OF 20 I STARTED RUNNING AND LOST 15 POUNDS IN 3 WEEKS AND THAT WAS ONLY FROM RUNNING AND NO DIETING!!!!!.. THEN I STOP AND NOW SEE WHERE I HAVE ENDED UP LOL. ANYWAY I STARTED IT AGAIN BECAUSE THAT IS A SPORT I REALLY ENJOY!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    love it!!!

tho i can only run for about 20mins, which burns about 180 cals!!
  • mtf11
    mtf11 Posts: 31
    Options
    Awesome!
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Too funny!
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    loved it!!!!! hahaha :laugh:
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen those symptoms yet since the running virus just hit me very recently ;)

Love the post, very lighthearted but also encouraging.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I heard running gives you wrinkles. That's why I never ever run.

Running doesn't give you wrinkles... the passing of time does, so go ahead and run...

I would rather be skinny and wrinkly (I am that) than fat with smooth skin! LOL
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    i hate running.

but

i love dancing.
  • LiberatedHealth
    Options
    Love it! <3
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    :heart: it lol
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Your food diary shows you only ate 511 calories. Is that b4 the day was done, I hope? You pic looks great, but that caught my eye!

"after a long run"... not "at the end of the day"

I eat between 2500-3000 calories on a dailyyy basis. Yuuup. Where does it allll go? haha

Oh good! I was a little worried at first. I'm glad you eat and enjoy yourself and remain super hot. Please jump on the pro eating disorder threads and tell them! They scare me!

haha those ED girls don't like me too much. I was called fat by one yesterday :o ! hahaha whatever. not my problem!
  • jojonesnz
    jojonesnz Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • abcwhite10
    abcwhite10 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I used to go jogging every night..then winter hit...and I used to run on gravel roads by my farm...roads that were under 3 feet of snow in winter...and the idea of running in -30 degrees Celcius weather stopped me from running for 4-6 months each year. :( I would LOVE to get a treadmill some time so I can continue jogging through the winter though.

wtf? where do you live? haha i thought it was cold where i live...

Haha, the lovely province of Saskatchewan, Canada. :D

I knew it!!!! Me too! Every year I say "I will not let the cold stop me!!"...........and then it hits 30 below and it stops me lol
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    bump