Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Black Team Challenge Week 5

Replies

• lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    I'm glad herbal tea can count because I just discovered Celestial Seasons Honey Vanilla Chamomile and put a sprinkle of cinnamon in it.. OH EM GEE!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    I'm glad herbal tea can count because I just discovered Celestial Seasons Honey Vanilla Chamomile and put a sprinkle of cinnamon in it.. OH EM GEE!

I'm going to have to try that one out the next time I buy tea...I ended up getting Tension Tamer when I went shopping, but the Honey Vanilla...sounded amazing!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member

I'm going to have to try that one out the next time I buy tea...I ended up getting Tension Tamer when I went shopping, but the Honey Vanilla...sounded amazing!

Oh it is beautiful. Amazing. Tasty. Freaking good. reallly freaking good.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    I failed miserably :frown: :sad: I drank about 4 glasses of water!:grumble: I HATE water!!! every time I say that it reminds me of meatloaf beatlof I hate meatloaf :sad: :sad: easy pass for next week tothe first person who can name that movie!!! :bigsmile: :wink:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Today was extremely hard for me, the scale didn't move and I figure that would happen eventually but not so soon. My body was like lead, mentally I was into riding my bike, but the whole 30 minutes on it, I had to PUSH my body to do it. It sucked. I took a three hour nap and woke up still not feeling refreshed, I look like a blimp, my body is swollen and puffy and I am just miserable. I can't figure it out considering I have been working so hard and really watching what I put in my mouth. :cry: And then my mom made brownies and I ate three of them, small ones but still that is the first sugar I have had in three weeks. UGH! Now I feel worse! :cry:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    hang in Amanda-- I'm right there with you on everything-- including the brownies!! :laugh:

It'll budge eventually, we just have to stay on track and be patient.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Ok.........Andrew:angry: ..............here I stand in my kitchen, staring at the cofee pot. There is an inch of stale coffee in the bottom and I am asking myself how bad could it be? (i am out of coffee and creamer so this challenge seemed the right thing to do!:ohwell: )

Do you think the little freeze dried coffee we recieved in our sea rations after hurricane katrina is still ok? I will not drink it see......I will poor the coffee straight on my tounge.....

Alright..............breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeath Jeannie. You didnt step on the scale for a week and survived. You can live 1 week with out coffee.

Oh and Andrew, have a nice day:mad:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    I failed miserably :frown: :sad: I drank about 4 glasses of water!:grumble: I HATE water!!! every time I say that it reminds me of meatloaf beatlof I hate meatloaf :sad: :sad: easy pass for next week tothe first person who can name that movie!!! :bigsmile: :wink:

A CHRISTMAS STORY...just one of my all time favorites:bigsmile:
  • punka274
    Today was extremely hard for me, the scale didn't move and I figure that would happen eventually but not so soon. My body was like lead, mentally I was into riding my bike, but the whole 30 minutes on it, I had to PUSH my body to do it. It sucked. I took a three hour nap and woke up still not feeling refreshed, I look like a blimp, my body is swollen and puffy and I am just miserable. I can't figure it out considering I have been working so hard and really watching what I put in my mouth. :cry: And then my mom made brownies and I ate three of them, small ones but still that is the first sugar I have had in three weeks. UGH! Now I feel worse! :cry:

Hang in there...the scale will move. Mine is stuck too! hugs to ya
  • punka274

ok,im buying some today...you have talked me into it:drinker:

Morning to everybody:flowerforyou:
  • Girlmom282109

A CHRISTMAS STORY...just one of my all time favorites:bigsmile:

I watch it all day on christmas. I love it love it love it!!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member

Hey, don't get discouraged. Remember this is a long term thing, not an instant thing and sometimes the scale will get a bit cranky. Let it have it's little break and just keep doing what you're doing. :happy:
    All good things come to those who work hard.
  • nickybr38
    Soooo. I ALMOST had a tragedy yesterday. I forgot my water bottle at home! Thank goodness for bottled water. I forgot how absolutely delicious aquafina water is! HOW CAN IT BE SOOOO GOOD????

Challenge day one successful. Day two here I come. MWAHAHA.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member

I'm not a big water fan either. I usually only drink 1 or 2 cups a day. So even though I "failed" the challenge by not getting my 8 cups, I'm still happy because I drank 5 cups -- more than double my usual.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    I went one whole day with out a diet Pepsi, and lived! working on day #2:bigsmile:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Yesterday, I had more than my 64 ounces of water but I still had my morning coffee and a diet soda with my lunch. Today, I thought I would at least try to go without the soda or coffee...and so far, so good. Of course, it's only 1 pm here now, so we'll see how long it lasts.
  • Well, all...

I'm going to well and truely fail this challenge tomorrow because

My BF got a job!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :smokin: :heart: :heart: :heart:

So we're going to party it up tomorrow.

:smokin:
  • Girlmom282109
    Well, all...

I'm going to well and truely fail this challenge tomorrow because

My BF got a job!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :smokin: :heart: :heart: :heart:

So we're going to party it up tomorrow.

:smokin:

YAY!!!! Have fun but remember back to the grind the next day!! I love celebrations. Oh yeah and tell him congrats!!:drinker:
  • nickybr38
    Congrats Owens Mommy!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I drank 80 oz of water
    NO coffee

1 cup herbal tea
    1 glass Iced tea

I am very proud of little ol me.

Ownens mommy..WOO HOO!! So happy for y'all!
This discussion has been closed.