Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Black Team Challenge Week 5

Replies

• jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Sorry Andrew and Black Team, I failed. I have been getting plenty of water but I also had hot chocolate yesterday. So dang cold outside it was the only thing that warmed me up. :ohwell:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Sorry Andrew and Black Team, I failed. I have been getting plenty of water but I also had hot chocolate yesterday. So dang cold outside it was the only thing that warmed me up. :ohwell:

Hey, none of that! That's why we had the two options...I am right there with you actually. Been doing awesome on the water and no coffee, but I have had one soda each today and yesterday. Just keep on drinking as much water as you can. :bigsmile:

Shuntae
  • congratulations on the three inches punka274 :flowerforyou: Good Luck to the Black team. How ya doing with the coffee ? I'm doing great none :bigsmile: Lots of Water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Hey folks,

I am sure you could have guessed by my unusual silence that I have been away from home for the last few days. Away from my computer and unable to log my cals on my blackberry I've been flying blind for a couple of days :noway: . But I did get my work outs in and plenty of water.

Bobbi-You havnt failed anyone! :bigsmile: Guess what. I layed out this challenge and I had coffee on wednesday morning. I had to leave the house at 2:20am in order to make the 3 hour drive and get where I was going on time and it was have coffee or go flying off the highway to my doom. But the good news is I got my water in so it's all good. Everyone is doing there best and that is all that matters.

Amelia-Way to go on the three inches. I seem to be losing weight everywhere but my gut. I am on my way to being the most freakishly disproportionate man to walk the earth. But hey I'll run out of fat on my arms and legs eventually lol.

NWfamilygal-Way to go on the coffee thing. I failed on that one wednesday.

Anyway good to be back. For one day at least. I am back on the road monday night and then wednesday-friday. so it's gonna be another quiet week from the Batman.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Great work team on the water!!!

Amelia - excellent job on the inches - isn't it a great motivator..

Andrew - glad you are back with us - for however fleeting until next trip..

I'm doing OK with the water, but have had Chinese food this week (one night and a couple of left over lunches), so I feel so, so, very bloated. Hoping the water is helping to flush out, but only time (and the scale on Weds) will tell.

Drink up everyone.....:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

janie
  • Tri_Dad
    Oh man have I ever gone and done it now......:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

So, I am finally home with the family and the DW and I got the kids off to bed. I was just sitting down to watch a movie when the door bell rings. Standing at the door is my new neighbor and he is wondering if I can help him and a friend move a pool table into his place. I figure...ah heck. what are neighbors for. So I throw my sweatshirt and shoes on and head out. While the path to his door is shoveled out of snow the path was pretty narrow so after putting a metal bracket from the table in my pocket for safe keeping I proceeded to haul this thing to the door and in the process fell into the snow several times. (not wearing gloves by the way). At some point on the way to the house something fell and made a nice ping on the ground and I realized that I must have dropped his bracket. So I get the thing into his house and shoot back over to my place to run my FROZEN hands under some hot water. While warming up my hands I remembered the bracket and thought I better go outside to get it for him. It's pretty big so It shouldnt be hard to find. Well at that very momment while I am rubbing my hands under the warm water I notice that something doesnt seem right.....and sure enough.....my wedding band is gone. and the freakin bracket is in my pocket.....Guess what must have gone "ping" when it fell? If you have ever tried to find a wedding ring somewhere in a 50 square foot area with 4 feet of snow on the ground...well you get the idea. Still no sign of my ring.....I am hoping I will have better luck once the sun comes up or maybe this spring when the damn snow melts. The DW is being very understanding but I am just heart broken. It wasnt the most expensive ring in the world but it's my wedding ring. and I feel lost without it. I knew I should have gotten it resized sooner.....it was way too loose. UGH......... dammit.:angry::grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Andrewwww-- nooooooo-- man, don't that just beat all. You try to help somebody out and you get 'doonked' on the head for it-- that ticks me off. Last year my hubby went out of his way to drive an hour to see his mother on Mother's Day to surprise her at church and bring her flowers with my 3 little girls-- on the way, on the highway, he changes lanes to go around a truck and ends up running over somebody's Coleman cooler, huge sucker, that obviously fell off somebody's roof/pick up-- something. Destroyed the undercarriage, killed the AC-- all to deliver some #$@! Flowers.

Just makes you wonder sometimes-- :grumble: :noway: :grumble: :noway:

Things have a way of turning up-- if not tomorrow, then when it all thaws in the spring--
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member

So, I am finally home with the family and the DW and I got the kids off to bed. I was just sitting down to watch a movie when the door bell rings. Standing at the door is my new neighbor and he is wondering if I can help him and a friend move a pool table into his place. I figure...ah heck. what are neighbors for. So I throw my sweatshirt and shoes on and head out. While the path to his door is shoveled out of snow the path was pretty narrow so after putting a metal bracket from the table in my pocket for safe keeping I proceeded to haul this thing to the door and in the process fell into the snow several times. (not wearing gloves by the way). At some point on the way to the house something fell and made a nice ping on the ground and I realized that I must have dropped his bracket. So I get the thing into his house and shoot back over to my place to run my FROZEN hands under some hot water. While warming up my hands I remembered the bracket and thought I better go outside to get it for him. It's pretty big so It shouldnt be hard to find. Well at that very momment while I am rubbing my hands under the warm water I notice that something doesnt seem right.....and sure enough.....my wedding band is gone. and the freakin bracket is in my pocket.....Guess what must have gone "ping" when it fell? If you have ever tried to find a wedding ring somewhere in a 50 square foot area with 4 feet of snow on the ground...well you get the idea. Still no sign of my ring.....I am hoping I will have better luck once the sun comes up or maybe this spring when the damn snow melts. The DW is being very understanding but I am just heart broken. It wasnt the most expensive ring in the world but it's my wedding ring. and I feel lost without it. I knew I should have gotten it resized sooner.....it was way too loose. UGH......... dammit.:angry::grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Wow, I've never heard a man be so sentimental about his wedding ring...that's so sweet...do you have any brothers? :love:
  • So sorry about your wedding ring that is awful. Your not alone on those feelings as when I take my husbands ring to clean it he can't wait to put it back on. He would be very upset if he lost his. I lost a ring at christmas time at a friends house. I had lost weight in my fingers and I slipped and fell because his porch was slick with ice and didn't realize I had lost it until I got home. I ask if he would go out and look where I fell and see if he could see my ring in the snow. Well it was a pinky ring so I figured it was gone. Well low and behold they found it. I was tickled because it was a ring that my husband bought me on our honeymoon in Alaska. So here hopeing that you find yours. :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Andrew, I am so sorry to hear about this. I just said a prayer that you or your neighbors will find your ring tomorrow. I am sorry, that just sucks!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member

Wow, I've never heard a man be so sentimental about his wedding ring...that's so sweet...do you have any brothers? :love:

I don't need any of your brothers just come hang out with my hubby and rub off on him. Wait that didn't sound right. Um.. you know what I meant tho.:glasses:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Andrew...awwwww man,that sucks! I hope your find it when the sun comes out. Sending you good luck vibes! And if you do find it....get is sized!!!!!!!!

Hey to everybody!

Just checking in....i had a cheat meal yesterday and it was oh so good....pizza and brownies,oh my:bigsmile: Now its back on track today! Today im doing a upper body weight workout!

have a great day....i will try and check in later! And thanks everybody for the congrats on my iches lost...im still on cloud nine about it:love:
  • janiebeth
    Andrew - oh man!! so sorry about your wedding ring. DH and I would freak out if this happened..

I'm guessing it will turn up once the sun comes out or the snow thaws (if it sunk into the snow). Sending good luck vibes your way <<<<<<<luck>>>>>>>>

Trying to gear up for Sunday.. Planning a long swim prior to the big game to at least partly justify the beer (yes, good thing for option 2). The plan is one beer/one water, repeat..

GO STEELERS!!!

Have a great day all.. janie
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Hey team-- have a great day-- working all day, as usual. Have to squeeze in a basketball game for my daughter and some munchy shopping for the Superbowl. Fun, fun, fun.:grumble:

One of these days I'm sure I'll stop grumbling. :noway:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    New day, new week, new month. WOO-HOO! I just weighed and my scale says 168.5 which means a total weight loss of 11.5 pounds for the month of January. I joined the black team when I first signed up on here and I know without my team my results wouldn't have been so good so THANK YOU TEAM BLACK, I :heart: YOU GUYS!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Today was my one month check in and the scale made me go :frown: .
    BOO scale, BOO.

Oh well, yesterday was a rough day with little to no water drinking because I was at work and was stuck at my till for 8 hours straight with no opportunity to step away and drink. So that kind of sucked. BLAH to work. I tried to make up for the lack of drinking during the day when I got home but in the end I didn't feel thirsty, or hungry really.

I FAILED THE CHALLENGE!!! One missed day. BOO WORK.

Oh well, that's what I get for being boastful at the start. Haha.
  • Tri_Dad
    One hour of digging through snow and I didnt find anything. So I had given up. When I came in the DW had found my gloves so I figured heck might as well give it another shot. Went back outside and grabbed a handfull of snow checked and nothing. Grabbed another and.... nothing. Thinking I'll never find it I grab one more and looking down Into my hand I think I am going nuts because it sure as hell looks like it's sitting in my hand. And sure enough it was. PHEW!!!! found it. BOOOOYAAAAAA *Does a dance*. Thanks for the encouragment guys.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • janiebeth
    One hour of digging through snow and I didnt find anything. So I had given up. When I came in the DW had found my gloves so I figured heck might as well give it another shot. Went back outside and grabbed a handfull of snow checked and nothing. Grabbed another and.... nothing. Thinking I'll never find it I grab one more and looking down Into my hand I think I am going nuts because it sure as hell looks like it's sitting in my hand. And sure enough it was. PHEW!!!! found it. BOOOOYAAAAAA *Does a dance*. Thanks for the encouragment guys.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

WOOT WOOT!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Way to stick in there Andrew - so glad you found your ring...
  • Hey all!!!

Andrew - Glad you found your ring!!! Now go get it re-sized!

I fell off the wagon for a good 3 days, but i'm back on today. I have no idea how much I've eaten in the last 3 days cuz I wasn't even logging :grumble:

Well, 3 days til the weigh in so I better start kicking some butt. I even failed my OWN challenge! But I'm going to do the same challenge for myself next week.

me and DS are gonna have baked chicken breast sandwiches for lunch and then its a roast for dinner with some mashed red potatos.

2 hours of cleaning, tae bo T3 and 30 day shred. Plus i need to go to the bank, pay bills AND do homework.

I better get my butt moving. :grumble:
  • great I'm really glad that you found your ring.:bigsmile: What a relief that is :flowerforyou: :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.