Disgusted at celebrities...

Options

Replies

• olivetree_
    olivetree_ Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Some people make mistakes. The only reason anyone even cares is because they're celebrities. I don't think you would care so much if my neighbour spent that much money on a 72-day wedding. You'd shrug it off and say it's none of your business. And it's none of your business about this wedding either. If you don't want your kids to watch her show, don't let them. If you don't want your kids to be too hugely influenced by the media (because everyone is to some extent), talk to them. Don't blame what's wrong with the world on celebrities and don't generalise Kim's wedding as something that all celebrities do.

Get over it. Move on. It doesn't affect you.

~
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Normal people do this kind of stuff. They invest what they consider to be a substantial amount of money into a wedding, and soon after divorce.

These people have a lot of money, so $10,000,000 was the equivalent of $100,000 or so for the average joe.

Not all celebrities are like this, and there are much more "disgusting" things out there than divorcing after a few months LOL.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Not all celebrities are like this, and there are much more "disgusting" things out there than divorcing after a few months LOL.
    Like kids getting sexually molested by their religious church members? Yep.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    You get married for a reason - to love and cherish one another. Not to get married for a few weeks just be more popular on reality tv shows!! Gosh this woman drives me insane!
  • malloriewebb
    Options
    I like kourtney anyway. She keeps it real.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Some people make mistakes. The only reason anyone even cares is because they're celebrities. I don't think you would care so much if my neighbour spent that much money on a 72-day wedding. You'd shrug it off and say it's none of your business. And it's none of your business about this wedding either. If you don't want your kids to watch her show, don't let them. If you don't want your kids to be too hugely influenced by the media (because everyone is to some extent), talk to them. Don't blame what's wrong with the world on celebrities and don't generalise Kim's wedding as something that all celebrities do.

Get over it. Move on. It doesn't affect you.

~
    Great post.
  • tebbs915
    tebbs915 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    People get divorced. It's life, the divorce rate is up because people are becoming smarter and learning when enough is enough.
    At least they did it before they had children. Sometimes if just not right for anyone involved.

Stop judging.

I'm sorry; but I strongly disagree with this statement. The problem with our society is that everyone gets what they want, when they want it. Kids today are rarely said "no" to, and that is a HUGE problem. When they grow up and someone says no, they tend to throw a hissy-fit and run for the door. This has a lot to do with the divorce rate in this country. I do agree that some people are getting smarter and leaving before things get worse, but as a society, in general, we are getting dumber. We rely on other people to do our work for us, and I see it every day. I speak from experience, and I'm not being judgmental, so before you jump on this post and call me judgmental, look at your own experiences and tell me you don't form opinions because of them.

I have no problem with people who do get divorced, as long as there was a valid reason.

And as far as kids looking up to the freaking Kardashian family -- those parents need a reality check (and maybe a smack on the forehead). For those of you who expected KK to stick it out, get real. She doesn't stick anything out. She's flaky, obnoxious, and needs to shut her face. While their show is entertaining because they're all f*cking trainwrecks, it's trash. And I feel bad for those parents who let their kids watch it.
  • tebbs915
    tebbs915 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It only bothers me when people say that gay marriage would ruin the sanctity of marriage. Really? I don't see anyone protesting to take away Kim Kardashian's right to get married for a few weeks to increase her reality show ratings...
    We need a "like" button here.

Seriously; people who are against gay marriage really piss me off. They fight every day for the opportunity to be together legally. For someone to tell them they can't have the same rights as a male/female couple should be illegal.

Very well said!
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    This is why I turned my attention away from the American music industry/Entertainment industry and started to follow more South Korean entertainment and music artists. It's much more conservative over there, and celebrities aren't getting married and divorced all over the place and they're not all high and drunk all of the time.

There still are some normal American celebrities, though. I wish that there were more positive role models for young people, though. D:
  • umachanxo
    Options
    It only bothers me when people say that gay marriage would ruin the sanctity of marriage. Really? I don't see anyone protesting to take away Kim Kardashian's right to get married for a few weeks to increase her reality show ratings...

Seriously; people who are against gay marriage really piss me off. They fight every day for the opportunity to be together legally. For someone to tell them they can't have the same rights as a male/female couple should be illegal.

Very well said!

I've seen a lot of discussion on gay marriage coming from the Kardashian divorce. I'm Canadian, and gay marriage is legal here - and I honestly don't know why it isn't in more places. (Considering it's legal to marry your first cousin in the majority of the states, but not someone of the same sex).

I'm Christian - born and raised CATHOLIC and baptized into the Baptist church. I see a lot of Christian groups saying that gay marriage is wrong, etc. and I don't get it. I was under the impression that this religion did not judge or condemn. I guess those that judge and condemn gay marriage didn't get the memo, or something.

Anyway, kinda rambling on there haha - love is love. If a woman and a man can get married, and then divorced later - why can't a gay couple that has been together for 20 years get married and spend the rest of their lives together? (Not that there wouldn't be any divorce in a gay marriage, but the fact that straight couples get divorced..)

Eh..that's my opinion. I'm not saying it's right, just..that's what I think..
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    wow. Judgemental much? How do you know what happened in the marriage. Some marriages can't be saved.

Yes, I agree, but a 72 day marriage isn't making any effort at all to make it work. Yes, I am being judgemental, because I believe marriage is a sacred and special thing and I'm tired of seeing people who only add to the divorce rate in our country.
    What the hell do you care...it's not you.

And this is the problem with this country today, not enough guts to care about anyone but your damn self.....pathetic response!

You really think the problem with this country is that there aren't enough busybodies sticking their noses into other people's relationships? The OP doesn't care about the Kardashians, no one does. They're vapid celebutantes.

I really don't think getting pissy about Kim Kardashian getting divorced shows you have "guts".

I forgot a complete lack of intelligence allowing one to read past the topic into the actual matter. I.e. it does affect this culture in this country, there probably isn't anyone on this site that allows their children to look up to any of those celebrity morons, but the vast majority of this country has such poor/non existant parenting that hollywood is instilling its morals into our youth today. But choosing ignorance is fine, it's not my problem right?

It would have been better had this thread not popped back up to the first page...

You wanna accuse me of a lack of intelligence? You're the one who considers what Kim Kardashian does as "culture". I don't. Trash tv is trash tv. Don't talk to me about Hollywood instilling morals in kids. That's for bad parents. Bad parents are always going to be bad parents no matter how long Kim Kardashian stays married.

You just keep being the brave fellow with guts who reads US magazine and complains about it. Keep up the fight soldier!
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options

Very well said!

I've seen a lot of discussion on gay marriage coming from the Kardashian divorce. I'm Canadian, and gay marriage is legal here - and I honestly don't know why it isn't in more places. (Considering it's legal to marry your first cousin in the majority of the states, but not someone of the same sex).

I'm Christian - born and raised CATHOLIC and baptized into the Baptist church. I see a lot of Christian groups saying that gay marriage is wrong, etc. and I don't get it. I was under the impression that this religion did not judge or condemn. I guess those that judge and condemn gay marriage didn't get the memo, or something.

Anyway, kinda rambling on there haha - love is love. If a woman and a man can get married, and then divorced later - why can't a gay couple that has been together for 20 years get married and spend the rest of their lives together? (Not that there wouldn't be any divorce in a gay marriage, but the fact that straight couples get divorced..)

I think gay people should be allowed to get married. They should be able to be as miserable as the rest of us-LOL. Just a silly joke.

Seriously, I think it's ridiculous that gay marriage isn't legal everywhere. The lady i work with is strongly against it and this is what she said (I'm not kidding) "Well then, if they can get married, then what's to stop people from marrying their dog or farm animals"....WTF??? Needless to say, I avoid any and all conversations with this woman.

Oh my gosh there are some real nutbags out there.
  • umachanxo
    Options

Very well said!

I think gay people should be allowed to get married. They should be able to be as miserable as the rest of us-LOL. Just a silly joke.

Seriously, I think it's ridiculous that gay marriage isn't legal everywhere. The lady i work with is strongly against it and this is what she said (I'm not kidding) "Well then, if they can get married, then what's to stop people from marrying their dog or farm animals"....WTF??? Needless to say, I avoid any and all conversations with this woman.

Oh my gosh there are some real nutbags out there.

I laughed really loudly at what your coworker said. Not really because it's funny, but because it's so ridiculous! Two HUMANS getting married have NOTHING to do with bestiality at all. o.O

You're right...some real nutbags out there o.O
  • branflake5
    Options
    and also, it doesn't really HAVE to send out a message to young people.
    My kids have no idea who Kim Kardashian is.

Confession: I don't know who the kardashians are *LOL* I know they were on dancing w/ the stars but as to what prompted this families fame - I have no idea *gasp*

They're famous b/c their Dad was the lawyer who got O.J. off on murder

And their step dad was a famous Olympian in like the 70s

i actually i am pretty sure she got famous from the sex tape she made with ray-j going public although she claimed she didn't want it to and was so hurt by it, i think she secretly released it herself.

i gave them 6 months, they showed me lol:devil:
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone else mention this, but they actually spent 500 million dollars on the wedding. To top it they each made millions of dollars off of it. It was definitely a publicity stunt for Kim, I think her hubby actually wanted something out of it other than money
    After hearing today about Kim Kardashian's divorce with her husband after 72 days of marriage (and a $10 million dollar wedding), I am just repulsed at how celebrities behave. Just because they have the money to do it, doesn't mean that they should look at marriages as something disposable and unfixable as soon as one disagreement hits the fan.

They are horrible role models for children, whether it be about weight, marriage and family, or drugs. I really wish that America would stop giving them so much media attention.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    wow. Judgemental much? How do you know what happened in the marriage. Some marriages can't be saved.

Yes, I agree, but a 72 day marriage isn't making any effort at all to make it work. Yes, I am being judgemental, because I believe marriage is a sacred and special thing and I'm tired of seeing people who only add to the divorce rate in our country.
    What the hell do you care...it's not you.

And this is the problem with this country today, not enough guts to care about anyone but your damn self.....pathetic response!

You really think the problem with this country is that there aren't enough busybodies sticking their noses into other people's relationships? The OP doesn't care about the Kardashians, no one does. They're vapid celebutantes.

I really don't think getting pissy about Kim Kardashian getting divorced shows you have "guts".

I forgot a complete lack of intelligence allowing one to read past the topic into the actual matter. I.e. it does affect this culture in this country, there probably isn't anyone on this site that allows their children to look up to any of those celebrity morons, but the vast majority of this country has such poor/non existant parenting that hollywood is instilling its morals into our youth today. But choosing ignorance is fine, it's not my problem right?

It would have been better had this thread not popped back up to the first page...

You wanna accuse me of a lack of intelligence? You're the one who considers what Kim Kardashian does as "culture". I don't. Trash tv is trash tv. Don't talk to me about Hollywood instilling morals in kids. That's for bad parents. Bad parents are always going to be bad parents no matter how long Kim Kardashian stays married.

You just keep being the brave fellow with guts who reads US magazine and complains about it. Keep up the fight soldier!

I love your posts more and more everyday.
    *edited not to sound weird and creepy lol
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I'm just sad they didn't make it until the holidays. I would have loved to see "Kim and Kris' Kristmas special"! Just like losing "Christmas with Nick and Jessica"...so sad
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    People get divorced. It's life, the divorce rate is up because people are becoming smarter and learning when enough is enough.
    At least they did it before they had children. Sometimes if just not right for anyone involved.

Stop judging.

That's not why the divorce rates are up ... The larger percentage is attributed to people marrying for all the wrong reasons, and don't have the fortitude to make it all work....because guess what .. It IS work!

The common problem is ... there is such a high percentage that go into marriage for the hype. Because it's exciting, it's a real attention getter .. Then when the excitement fizzles, and reality sets in .. they realize this isn't fun anymore. We live in an era of instant gratification .. and soon tire and get bored very quickly, then it's splitsville. Some even seem to wear their title of "divorced' as a trophy almost as if it proves that they are at a higher level of maturity. It's really very disturbing.

Seen it happen over and over and over and over ... Tooo many times to even count. I've heard a few of the one I know personally even admit it. So there ya go...thousands of dollars .. sometimes 10's of thousands of dollars spent on a big party (to be remembered for months!) ... and nothing to show for it except some nice presents.

IF they were 'smarter' they would take more time to think about what they are getting into. Choosing a suitable mate takes a lot of effort. It seems that some think the person they are with (at the moment) is the "one" .. but dislike sooo much about them, they fool themselves into thinking that person will 'change'...and it will all miraculously work out .. just like in the fairy tales. There are common qualities, interests and goals that a couple should share .. for things to at least have a chance. Admittedly there is always some level of a gamble left to chance, because as we age, we do change..sadly sometimes even grow apart. Divorce for some is inevitable, and for others .. well, they might have just not seen it coming, yet it happens anyways.

You don't have to be look at EACH other all the time..but you do have to be looking in the same direction.

Hate to break it to ya kiddies ... Real life is far from fairy tales.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again..I think they should change the wording of the matrimonial nuptials..
    Instead of "Until Death Do Us Part" .. It should say .. "Until something better comes along".
  • branflake5
    Options
    i don't even like the kardashians but it seems as tho alot of ppl here must be perfect and never have made a mistake in there lives. yep she is an annoying media *kitten* but who cares it doesn't change my life or your life or my kids life or my dogs life, its her life. i could care less who she marries how long they stay married and how much money they spend doing it. its not like i was getting a penny of the 10 million so whether she blew it on a wedding or burned it in her back yard either way my life didn't change a bit.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    aww geez, Grandma used to criticize me the same way about trashy TV and I didnt listen to her either

I mean, they used to say the same thing about Gilligans Island and how corruptive it was, that these unmarried castaways were all marooned on a deserted island togeher and NONE of them were married..............

talk about brainwashing us kids at that vulnerable age..................this craps been going on for decades, just a different cover for an old book..................best wishes though, Lloyd